Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

watching the albion(no longer a priority)

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Why is Elder getting a hard time I think she made a valid point(even if you don't agree) and she backed it up and I don't think it was aimed at Hiney and Hans Kraay. The fact she is a girl is completely irrelavant, it not like she thinks Brighton should play in pink (oh bugger I should quit whilst I'm ahead)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This forum really makes me laugh, silly, little, ugly men sitting behind their keyobards all vying from a laugh from their sad 'mates'. Get a life for crying out loud.

Not to mention the silly pig-ugly little girls like you who who haven't got a f***ing clue what they're talking about and come on here trying to impress everyone with their 'knowledge'.

I hope your comment wasn't aimed specifically at me and HKFC. We have no more right to fan-dom than anyone else on here but the point being made is that because we pick and choose games, for whatever reason, that doesn't make us any less passionate about The Albion or that we have lost any of that passion just because we are in the middle of a dodgy run..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why is Elder getting a hard time I think she made a valid point(even if you don't agree) and she backed it up and I don't think it was aimed at Hiney and Hans Kraay. The fact she is a girl is completely irrelavant, it not like she thinks Brighton should play in pink (oh bugger I should quit whilst I'm ahead)

Of course its irrelevant that she's a girl! I only called her that to ANNOY her, as a response to her post which was highly irritating.

She may well get fed up of various things. Equally, longstanding die-hard Albion fans, with things in their lives other than just the football, who have sometimes to PRORITISE their time and money, are fed up of being patronised by kids who's SIMPLE view on things makes these choices seem so very easy.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
With all due respect, little girl, you replied directly under mine and Hiney's posts.

You are talking about two people, both with kids and busy jobs, who have followed the club all over the country for in excess of 25 years, spending thousands and thousands and thousands of pounds in the process.

I've paid for three Withdean season tickets this season, and every home game costs me another £20 in fuel alone.

If people like Hiney and I decide that we have to make a CHOICE sometimes, then it is not through any lack of passion for the Albion, and we don't need the likes of yourself to pass judgement.

Thanks.

I think you are being a bit harsh on EFE because I believe her comments were not addressed at people like you, even though it might have seemed so.

20-25 years ago I was in exactly the same position as you, Hiney and I guess many others. I lived 100 miles away (still do) and had a wife, very young son and a new business. They had to take priority even though my passion for the Albion never wavered. The standard of football had nothing to do with it. (Just as well, really!)

Now I go to every game I can, but that doesn't make me a better supporter than others like you who do have other, important priorities.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Not to mention the silly pig-ugly little girls like you who who haven't got a f***ing clue what they're talking about and come on here trying to impress everyone with their 'knowledge'.

I hope your comment wasn't aimed specifically at me and HKFC. We have no more right to fan-dom than anyone else on here but the point being made is that because we pick and choose games, for whatever reason, that doesn't make us any less passionate about The Albion or that we have lost any of that passion just because we are in the middle of a dodgy run..

I do know what I'm talking about, I'm not trying to impress people with knowledge and besides what knowledge are you talking about, I made a comment and observation about people?

Once again, did I quote you or HKFC? No. I posted underneath and you chose to take it that way. Of course people have responsibilites, I was aiming it at people that purely don't want to go as they can't be bothered. There's a big different between people that would love to go but can't, and aren't going because they can't be bothered, but then in a few games will claim to love the Albion again!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I think you are being a bit harsh on EFE because I believe her comments were not addressed at people like you, even though it might have seemed so.

20-25 years ago I was in exactly the same position as you, Hiney and I guess many others. I lived 100 miles away (still do) and had a wife, very young son and a new business. They had to take priority even though my passion for the Albion never wavered. The standard of football had nothing to do with it. (Just as well, really!)

Now I go to every game I can, but that doesn't make me a better supporter than others like you who do have other, important priorities.

Thank you. I mainly get spoken to like this because I'm a girl. And this was the point I was making.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Do people really think like this? What because we haven't won a few games and the football isn't great. Jesus, I'd hate to see some of you in a real crisis

But football is results driven, if results are poor people will think twice before going, especially if they have other things going on, other than that football. Give it a few years and that might happen.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
and aren't going because they can't be bothered, but then in a few games will claim to love the Albion again!

I can't be bothered with it at the moment but I love the Albion and always will.

Apathy is just so strongly set in now that I can't work up the motivation to go and watch a side that hasn't won a home game all season, in the freezing cold whilst playing players so out of position it's not even funny. I am also disillusioned that we have brought back a manager to replace a good young coach who had performed well to finish 7th in the previous season who was in his first job and could only get better and he sees completely devoid of ideas about how to take the team forwards. At the moment I prefer to spend my Saturdays how I wish instead of going to watch a plie of shit out of duty, but that's just me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of course people have responsibilites, I was aiming it at people that purely don't want to go as they can't be bothered. There's a big different between people that would love to go but can't, and aren't going because they can't be bothered, but then in a few games will claim to love the Albion again!

BUT, it is possible to 'love the Albion' and still choose not to go. If it came to it, I could choose to drive to Peterbro tonight. It would cost me £60 or so and half a day's holiday, that I could otherwise spend with my family, though.

I'm choosing not to go. If we were playing really well, and the manager wasn't baffling me with stupid selections and substitutions, I might have made a different choice, though.

Whatever my choice, or that of anyone else, it doesn't necessarily mean they feel any less passionately about the club, however dissafected they seem sometimes.

In fact it is BECAUSE they love the club, and feel PASSIONATELY about it that people are so frustrated by current events. If they didn't give a toss, they wouldn't bother coming on here arguing the toss with you about it, would they?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I would like to go more often but have got involved in coaching youth football which is just as frustrating on occasion as Albion watching - but considerably cheaper

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thank you. I mainly get spoken to like this because I'm a girl. And this was the point I was making.

Not in my case. Absolutely not.

I point out flaws in your arguments because they are just that, flaws.

Nothing whatsoever to do with your sex.

I would guess from many of your posts that you've never PLAYED a lot of football yourself, though.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Not in my case. Absolutely not.

I point out flaws in your arguments because they are just that, flaws.

Nothing whatsoever to do with your sex.

I would guess from many of your posts that you've never PLAYED a lot of football yourself, though.

It is to a certain extent, I know you said you say it to annoy me, but no-one on here cannot say it doesn't play a part. What do you mean flaws, you chose to pick me up on it, and as for the other thread, that is fact that we didn't have other players. Yes I used to play when I was younger, but much prefer watching it now.

Now, lets stop as it's boring me now, as I'm sure it is everyone else.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont see it as a priority just a pastime which at the moment is becoming an expensive and boring pastime.

I find it difficult to make a coherent argument against that

Jimmy Grimble

Cor, what a tasty thread

Moving away from all the unseemly personal vitriol on this thread, from own point of view I have found this season one of the most dispiriting for a long while and have to admit my enthusiasm levels are really low. This season the football is just plain dire and cup glory aside there is nothing to get excited about, especially as Adams persists in repeating his obvious mistake with Virgo week in week out. I have got, and will continue to get a season ticket, but no-one can really say this season has been any FUN this year. Like many others on here it is the social aspect that really makes my day on saturdays and I certainly wouldn't want to give that up. It would be nice just once to get back to the Basketmakers after the game and rave about a good performance rather than talk about anything other football.

If some people can't be arsed or have other priorities then I'm not surprised and I don't comdemn them, that is the nature of football supporters up and down the land. You cannot ignore the fact that going to a game is expensive in the current climate and we are not playing the sort of stuff that is going to encourage people back to withdean any time soon.

Jimmy Grimble

Ohhh, and how does Hiney know what EFE looks like and EFE know what HKFC looks like when they've never met? EFE must be the most stalked person on NSC. Not that it should be anything to be proud of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here