Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

watching the albion(no longer a priority)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Fucks sake. Theres a thing at the top of the page about ruining threads and tedious shite, yet by the bottom of the 1st page of a thread about whether its still important to you to go to watch the albion, the usual suspects are having ANOTHER row about Nazi's.

What an absolute bag of wank this forum can be.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Fucks sake. Theres a thing at the top of the page about ruining threads and tedious shite, yet by the bottom of the 1st page of a thread about whether its still important to you to go to watch the albion, the usual suspects are having ANOTHER row about Nazi's.

Nazis? Never heard of them? Were they the lot on pop idol?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

Timbo

Apologies

At the end of the day us who have ST's will attend, just because we have paid money up front.

Got to say the "floating" fans are unlikely to go.
Partly because they now have an "excuse" not to.
Bit like when a mini bus is ordered for an away game and people start to say that they cant go. For this or that reason. This time it will be "I cant afford it due to the credit crunch";)

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Away games aren't such a priority as they used to be now but home games are.

I agree just have not got the money for away games but I still love going to watch my team at home, and I always will even if we got relegated to the Ryman League I would be there.
Albion's in my blood. I just wish all these people would stop moaning about Mickey and DK. We have had some serious injurys to key players and it is so early on in the season.
If somebody would have told me at Hereford all those years ago where we are today and with a stadium being built at any time. I would have taken it.
I wish we didn't need supporters who just want the glory.But like all clubs we need their money to pay the bills to survive. Tossers that they are. Whoever started the post is quint essential shallow.

I made it a priority to go to Gillingham to watch us dabble with the possibility of relegation to the Conference.

I can't see ANY justification for saying that things are now so bad, we shouldn't bother.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I made it a priority to go to Gillingham to watch us dabble with the possibility of relegation to the Conference.

I can't see ANY justification for saying that things are now so bad, we shouldn't bother.

LB

The darkest hour is that before the dawn???

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

I think the cost is stopping quite a few people, me included.

some of my mates said that they would come with me from time to time, but not if its £25!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I think the cost is stopping quite a few people, me included.

some of my mates said that they would come with me from time to time, but not if its £25!

AJ

"I think the cost is stopping quite a few people, me included."

Thats sad.

Because the future of The Albion depends on fans like you.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
for me I still enjoy the match days as much as I did when I started going 20 years ago. Saturdays on the whole are always a great day out spoiled by 90minutes of soccer kick ball in the middle.

This 90 minutes also coincides with not drinking.............

The day out is brilliant, being with your mates, travelling the country, enjoying a chat and a drink, and occasionally enjoying the entertainment served up infront.

With all the crap that is served up, every now and again, something brilliant happens, and you once again become proud to say, I WAS THERE

Its those moments that keep me going!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love the Albion but have a young family and pregnant wife. It's getting harder to justify spending £30 on ticket and petrol to watch the tripe Adams is serving up whilst leaving the missus to fend for herself for 4 hours.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have only missed five home games (I think) over the last two and a bit seasons. Four of them, I was craving to be there and felt bitterly disappointed not to make them. However, I missed the Hereford game and did not feel a single pang of regret before/during/after the game. I am not sure when I am next going to watch them, but that does not worry me.

Apathy has crept in and not spending £50 a fortnight for the ticket and travel is a real blessing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must hold my hand up and say that I am now more selective in games I go to away down to the general cost of everything associated with a day out. To go to an away game with my grandson including travel eating etc is now getting on for £100 money I can ill afford. I still go to all home games being a STH but I did choose to not go to the JPT against Orient, due to buying tckets for either Derby or Orient and Derby got the vote.

I think that early JPT games should be free for STH.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm lucky enough to be able to book my holidays at short notice and on flexible dates. I always have a look at the Albion fixtures first, and try not to miss a home game, by working my holiday dates around the fixtures. Same goes with going to visit rellies for the weekend etc. And seem to recall being unreasonably annoyed when the Albion moved the Crewe match two Summers ago from the Saturday to the Sunday cos it clashed with some sort of rounders match (we got tonked 4-0 BTW). So, I'd say that watching the Albion still takes priority. Besides, what else you going to do on a Saturday afternoon? Go shopping?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
No, still a priority. I tend to opt more for a higher proportion of away games for the atmosphere and the novelty factor, it's a 180-mile round trip to Withdean, mostly on the M25, for me so it isn't particularly convenient. My trips to Withdean are more out of duty.

This season the Albion's contribution to my overall happiness is a minus but that will change at some point and in order to really enjoy the good times you have to have experienced the opposite.

However, that doesn't mean that I am philosophical or complacent about the current situation, I have lived through enough relegation seasons to spot some worrying signs in the way this one is going.

D

Deleted User X18H

I just don't get starting a thread on an Albion supporters forum almost encouraging potential and current fans not to go...........incredible.

For the record there are rare occasions I don't attend home games ,holidays etc but I ensure someone has my ticket. As for away games as the club gets no or little financial benefit from me going and as I have a young family I choose not to go....though being able to select which ones I attend by the virtue of giving the Albion £430 odd quid every March

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I just don't get starting a thread on an Albion supporters forum almost encouraging potential and current fans not to go...........incredible.

For the record there are rare occasions I don't attend home games ,holidays etc but I ensure someone has my ticket. As for away games as the club gets no or little financial benefit from me going and as I have a young family I choose not to go....though being able to select which ones I attend by the virtue of giving the Albion £430 odd quid every March

its a fair question though. Personally I dont go to Withdean at the moment its just too expensive to go and sit and watch 0-0 draws and losses at that stadium. If our form or stadium was better I'd be more encouraged to part with the cash. I'd rather go to a few away games a season cos its a proper day out. I'm just so bored of Withdean. Thats just me though

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It's always been a priority and always will be.

There have been lots of bad times - plenty of those far worse than now - and there will be again. There have also been a few really good times and there'll be some of those again, too.

That's what makes supporting the Albion special for me - our good times are far sweeter than the good times that supporters of the likes of Man U have because they are so rare. But they are always there on the horizon, one day.

Managers, players and chairmen, good or bad, are transient; the entity that is Brighton and Hove Albion is constant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here