Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

watching the albion(no longer a priority)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's definitely isn't for me and that can be pretty much put down to the fact that I'm bored of it all, I just can't be arsed.

The sacking of Wilkins was pretty much the last straw for me.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I would love to watch us every week like I did when I was younger but I have other priorities in my life now, such as my family and the fact that it IS expensive to watch football.

I therefore have to prioritise the games I see. It's not that watching The Albion is no longer a priority, it's just that you have to balance it off against everything else that's going on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its all about priorities. I have season tickets for the first time this season, with my two sons, so will actually attend more homes than any season since I moved away from Brighton in 1989.

However, due more to TIME constraints, balancing my responsibilities to my wife, to work, etc, plus of course the costs involved, mean that I've done no other games this year.

Missed the Man City one through work, and all the other cup games through just being too busy. Not been away yet this year either. The letter for the Derby tickets came through around the time of the Cheltenham game, and I was so down about it all, I took the decision not to bother.

I'm really trying to stay positive about it all, and DO still look forward to every game. I think I need a really good away trip to rekindle my enthusiasm.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Do people really think like this? What because we haven't won a few games and the football isn't great. Jesus, I'd hate to see some of you in a real crisis

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
This club has been in crisis for well over ten years.

I'm talking about the over-reaction from everybody. I can't believe it, one minute it's your beloved Albion, the next you can't be arsed. :shrug:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'm talking about the over-reaction from everybody. I can't believe it, one minute it's your beloved Albion, the next you can't be arsed. :shrug:

thats just the way it is, like we are either jumping on the pitch patting the managers back or booing him the week before, or the next week.

Everyone is downbeat, but its no way as bad as the late 90's when we were 20odd places LOWER than we are now

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

With all due respect, little girl, you replied directly under mine and Hiney's posts.

You are talking about two people, both with kids and busy jobs, who have followed the club all over the country for in excess of 25 years, spending thousands and thousands and thousands of pounds in the process.

I've paid for three Withdean season tickets this season, and every home game costs me another £20 in fuel alone.

If people like Hiney and I decide that we have to make a CHOICE sometimes, then it is not through any lack of passion for the Albion, and we don't need the likes of yourself to pass judgement.

Thanks.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
With all due respect, little girl, you replied directly under mine and Hiney's posts.

You are talking about two people, both with kids and busy jobs, who have followed the club all over the country for in excess of 25 years, spending thousands and thousands and thousands of pounds in the process.

I've paid for three Withdean season tickets this season, and every home game costs me another £20 in fuel alone.

If people like Hiney and I decide that we have to make a CHOICE sometimes, then it is not through any lack of passion for the Albion, and we don't need the likes of yourself to pass judgement.

Thanks.

:thumbsup:

And yes, that WAS meant to be PATRONISING.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

Thanks.

And yes, that WAS meant to be PATRONISING.

I posted under yours as I was the next poster? Did I say people with kids and other responsibilites? No. I said people that have the attitude of can't be arsed and aren't bothered and then suddenly declare to love the Albion again.

I'm getting really quite sick of the way you talk to people, especially me. You proclaim to have so much going on outside Brighton, so why come on here and act like such a fool to try and impress people. Well you got a thumbs up from Hiney, so well done for your efforts. :clap: This forum really makes me laugh, silly, little, ugly men sitting behind their keyobards all vying from a laugh from their sad 'mates'. Get a life for crying out loud.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Simple Really. I live a 360 mile round trip away from Withdean. Few of my friends can go to away games because we all have kids between the ages of 3 months and 4 years and I don't fancy standing on my own away at Walsall on a Tuesday night (which I incidentally did once when we get turned over 5-0 in the LDV vans trophy and there were no more than 80 of us there, never again)

My priorities would be elsewhere if we had won every game this year 5-0 but I am worried about this season when some of the more saner voices on here question what the f*** is going on and a season ticket holding friend of mine who used to manage a county league team describes Hawkins as 'f***ing toilet' It doesn't exactly encourage me to try to prioritse the albion.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Simple Really. I live a 360 mile round trip away from Withdean. Few of my friends can go to away games because we all have kids between the ages of 3 months and 4 years and I don't fancy standing on my own away at Walsall on a Tuesday night (which I incidentally did once when we get turned over 5-0 in the LDV vans trophy and there were no more than 80 of us there, never again)

My priorities would be elsewhere if we had won every game this year 5-0 but I am worried about this season when some of the more saner voices on here question what the f*** is going on and a season ticket holding friend of mine who used to manage a county league team describes Hawkins as 'f***ing toilet' It doesn't exactly encourage me to try to prioritse the albion.

Just out of interest, how many games have you been to this season?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TEXTBOOK Trolling going on

I am still going tonight, and it is a priority for me to take time off work and go

Not really Brett, considering that the posts are about precisely the thread topic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here