Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

watching the albion(no longer a priority)

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Oh buggar off you sad cretin.

Dont try an fight against these people they come to the albion when we are doing well and cant be arsed when we are not. I probaly like you would still go if we were in county league thats all that matters.

Look at the man city game they all came out the woodwork then.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Read my post again that you quoted, and my other ones for that matter - did I say people with other priorities should dismiss them to go to the Albion? Did I say Albion must be your top priority? NO. I said it's people's attitude that because we've not won for a while they can't be arsed, not that they can't because of financial or other reasons.

Like I said before there's a huge different between wanting to go but can't and purely not going because they can't be arsed because things aren't going too great. Like me with Leeds, I was going and wanted to but I didn't realised it fell on the same day as other important plans.

So get your facts straight about what people are saying first.

But to be honest that is football all over ( and Sport in general). People will go and see a winning team, an entertaining team, or in the cases of some invividuals a team that includes someone that will excite you. Long before you were born, Albion played Preston at home, I think it was 1976/7 odd - the gate was far larger than we had got for previous games, because .....Bobby Charlton was playing for Preston!

I would be very interested to know, if you took out all the season ticket holders who attended the game last weekend, how many paying punters actually went.

I have a ST and therefore it doesnt matter a jot if I go or not as I have already paid for my ticket so the albion are quids in from me. After the last few games, I am definately going to pick and chose my games in future, if I can sell my ticket great, if not, doesnt matter, but I have taken the decision based on the football on offer ( not on the Withdean experience actually). I am sorry it has come to this, but I have had enough now.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dont try an fight against these people they come to the albion when we are doing well and cant be arsed when we are not. I probaly like you would still go if we were in county league thats all that matters.

I know, going to the rubbish games is just rubbish.

See you at Hartlepool or Carlisle?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
At the end of the day going to football is a hobby and if people aren't enjoying going then that is there own progative. Why should they keep shelling out week in week out if they are not enjoying something. Especailly as most would be working all through the week and saturdays is there only day that they can do something that they want.

Would you go to the cinema to watch a film that you knew you wouldn't like when the following week there is something that you do want to see?

This season is all but over but i'm still going to do the away games as i find them fun and the albion might suprise me by winning one or two of them.
Also i tend to find that the ones i have missed in the past through not being bothered to go i have ended up meeting people in town and spent just as much in the pubs/clubs than if i had gone to the game, so might aswell catch a game with my mates every week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At the end of the day going to football is a hobby and if people aren't enjoying going then that is there own progative. Why should they keep shelling out week in week out if they are not enjoying something. Especailly as most would be working all through the week and saturdays is there only day that they can do something that they want.

Would you go to the cinema to watch a film that you knew you wouldn't like when the following week there is something that you do want to see?

This season is all but over but i'm still going to do the away games as i find them fun and the albion might suprise me by winning one or two of them.
Also i tend to find that the ones i have missed in the past through not being bothered to go i have ended up meeting people in town and spent just as much in the pubs/clubs than if i had gone to the game, so might aswell catch a game with my mates every week.

I think that is spot on.

I would actually miss the social side of going to footy , meeting mates, having a drink etc etc more than the football itself.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I can't be bothered with it at the moment but I love the Albion and always will.

Apathy is just so strongly set in now that I can't work up the motivation to go and watch a side that hasn't won a home game all season, in the freezing cold whilst playing players so out of position it's not even funny. I am also disillusioned that we have brought back a manager to replace a good young coach who had performed well to finish 7th in the previous season who was in his first job and could only get better and he sees completely devoid of ideas about how to take the team forwards. At the moment I prefer to spend my Saturdays how I wish instead of going to watch a plie of shit out of duty, but that's just me.

Roll this back 3 years and this is me. Having moved further afield, it's away games only nowadays and even then it's a rarity.

Still catch up with what's going on in any way possible and tune in to SCR every now and again but I have so little time anyway I can always find ways to use it better.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Couldn't disagree with you more. Supporting the Albion is a TOTALLY different thing to going to the cinema for me. I have no allegiance whatsoever to a cinema, but I do have to the Albion.

We all support in different ways, I suppose.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Couldn't disagree with you more. Supporting the Albion is a TOTALLY different thing to going to the cinema for me. I have no allegiance whatsoever to a cinema, but I do have to the Albion.

We all support in different ways, I suppose.

True, but what i was getting at is that if people can only afford to do so many games a season i can see why they would pick say Leeds or Leciester over Chelthenham or Hereford.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dont try an fight against these people they come to the albion when we are doing well and cant be arsed when we are not.

Given that Uncle Buck goes to just about EVERY game, and I pay for THREE season tickets, the people she's 'fighting against' on this thread, are probably not the ones you had in mind when you made that statement.

Oh, and I DIDN'T go to the Man City game.....

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Given that Uncle Buck goes to just about EVERY game, and I pay for THREE season tickets, the people she's 'fighting against' on this thread, are probably not the ones you had in mind when you made that statement.

Oh, and I DIDN'T go to the Man City game.....

He quoted me and made a general statement to people not understanding what i meant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here