Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester after £6.5m Leo Ulloa

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
it happens, out of all the teams in the championship i cannot think of a better side to have done that to us. I do think that had we needed to win the home game it would of been very different, and if you disagree you are very nieve to think otherwise

What's your excuse for the away game?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I couldn't agree more, spot on with that comment, apart from Nugent who I have been very critical of this season, especially the first half up to Xmas. How do you think you'll get on this afternoon?

Any result is possible as we could if all went well win 3 -0 we are capable but just as likely to lose 3 - 0 as fans we can only hope.

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
Benzema couldn't score with the service Ulloa got today. If you don't want to buy him **** off the Brighton forum.

Enjoy your week-in-week-out drubbings next season, we'll probably pass you on your way down :wave:

you know thats not gonna happen right? i understand your pain, been there twice in recent years, keep your manager and build for next season. good luck

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Snap there hands off for 6.5m!

6.5m is a hell of a lot. Wouldn't want to see him go but it's a very tempting offer

Pivotal if we get promoted, deal of the century if we don't.

6.5m? Yes please.

£6.5million?

I'll drive him to Leicester myself for that.

I doubt very much that they'd pay that. Would much rather Leo stayed.

If true, then it's a poor show from Leicester to be destabalising our season in this way. Theirs may have finished, but ours is still ongoing.

Let's put in an offer for a load of Derby players now.

:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yay me, Stat hits it out of the park. (as Craig David would say) :lolol:

I've just had a scan through this thread, there were some very odd opinions at the time that look hatstand mentals now.

Gotta love a good messageboard.

Why do people want the money just so long as £xm can be invested in a replacement.

It doesn't make sense.

Why replace the player who fits into the system, with someone who may not, just for the sake of having a couple of million left over.
How much will that couple of million be worth in a misfiring team, next year?

Finally we can end the conversation.
Sell Leo, buy Danny Graham fight relegation next season.

Is that what you want, cos that's what's gonna happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who in the media gave Leo the benefit of the doubt?

Luke Moore, The Football Ramble, was 100% behind Leo saying what a brilliant signing he was.
Other than that all I kept reading and hearing was he's was far too much money and therefore won't score enough goals for his value.

Irrespective what happens now, the way the Premier League is s**t heavy (greatest league in the world TM) Leo and Leicester have probably already done enough to guarantee another £70m season.

The fact that Leo is proving 'experts' wrong males it all the sweeter.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Rohan Ince should be tried upfront in a reserve game to see how he fairs.
He is tall and we need someone to poach the goals, as Ulloa did, with the final nod.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

What is the point you are making? That Ulloa is worth more than that when there was little at the time to prove so?

You must have had to do a lot of trawling to find a few comments just so you could do a face palm.

As I said in my original post, I'd rather he had stayed, but for the return on investment it was good business at the time.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Leicester saw they were playing Man U and played 3 strikers, we saw we were playing Blackpool, at home, and played one

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What is the point you are making? That Ulloa is worth more than that when there was little at the time to prove so?

You must have had to do a lot of trawling to find a few comments just so you could do a face palm.

As I said in my original post, I'd rather he had stayed, but for the return on investment it was good business at the time.

It's still good business. The fact that he's started so well at Leicester doesn't change that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leicester saw they were playing Man U and played 3 strikers, we saw we were playing Blackpool, at home, and played one

They played the same basic formation, with Nugent, Leo and Vardy, to our Baldock, Colunga and Teixeira.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Inn
This. Fantastic for us if true, as he has too many very average/poor games.

Not so sure that he would be a PL success. Lacks pace, and always moaning about defenders. PL defenders would have more pace, strength and savvy.

Ulloa put on a pedestal here. Why?
Always falling over in 50:50 challenges and blaming the defender, whining to refs, no pace, loses the vast majority of aerial balls played up against nothing-special centre halves.
Against far better and faster PL defenders, he would struggle even more.

If that kind of cash is really on offer, once the Albion have their targets in sight, the club should grab it.

Hmmm.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's still good business. The fact that he's started so well at Leicester doesn't change that.

Agree.

If you bought a house for £200k and somebody offered you a million plus for it then I doubt many would be hanging on if they could see if they could get a little more. Clearly [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] is still to explain his witching hour face palm to us, but I can't see what point he is making.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It reinforces it. Leo doing well = add ons achieved = a further £2m this season. £10.5m for a 28 year old, unproven striker is incredible business. If you are prepared to see it as purely business, of course.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Agree.

If you bought a house for £200k and somebody offered you a million plus for it then I doubt many would be hanging on if they could see if they could get a little more. Clearly [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] is still to explain his witching hour face palm to us, but I can't see what point he is making.

If you sell a house for a million you still need somewhere to live - and the going rate for houses is ... a million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here