Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester after £6.5m Leo Ulloa

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can only imagine he had all his eggs in the Borini basket and that went a bit wrong.

Maybe Gus is just a shocking judge of a striker and Burke was responsible for Ulloa all along, which is why Poyet didn't rate him enough to take him to Sunderland.???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol: I was thinking that as I went to sleep last night. Imagine being a Sunderland fan and trying to work out why the man who bought Ulloa to Brighton, didn't think to try to get him to Sunderland. There must be some head scratching going on up there. He's had his 'Murray Moment' at Sunderland already it seems...
I've now found the most apt thread, although there's a fair few others.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If you sold your house in Brighton and wanted to spend less you'd either have to downgrade or move elsewhere.
I wasn't the one who wanted to sell.

Oh good grief.

I'd rather he had stayed as well, as I made perfectly clear, but the money we got was good business for a club of our standing and any other club would have done the same.

Shall we now just all move on?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe Gus is just a shocking judge of a striker and Burke was responsible for Ulloa all along, which is why Poyet didn't rate him enough to take him to Sunderland.???

And why he let Mr Murray go too? Hmmmm. Interesting.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
How didn't we go up with ulloa in the squad ???? O yeah coz we had no wingers that could put a decent ball in the box!!

I'll add to that and say no ability to put in a decent corner ball either. How many
times have we seen corners just float into the goalie's hands or tamely headed away by
defenders.

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
How didn't we go up with ulloa in the squad ???? O yeah coz we had no wingers that could put a decent ball in the box!!

Number of reasons in my opinion, one of the main ones I think is the fact that all through his time here he played as the solitary striker in a one up front formation, if you look at Leicesters line up, he has an out and out strike partner with nugent, yeah he still scored goals here, but you could clearly see how he tired each game, but with a partner the workload is shared and as he has someone to work with he is clearly showing his quality in the league above. Can't help but think how well he would have done with a partner up front for us.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Number of reasons in my opinion, one of the main ones I think is the fact that all through his time here he played as the solitary striker in a one up front formation, if you look at Leicesters line up, he has an out and out strike partner with nugent, yeah he still scored goals here, but you could clearly see how he tired each game, but with a partner the workload is shared and as he has someone to work with he is clearly showing his quality in the league above. Can't help but think how well he would have done with a partner up front for us.

Agreed. He is not playing the generic target man at Leicester. Far from it in fact. He is drifitng out wide and yesterday was a perfect example. Him, Vardy and Nugent were all interchanging CONSTANTLY and it continued when Schlupp (spelling?) came on. It was brilliant to watch.

It has to be said, Nigel Pearson clearly did his homework on Ulloa. They have not bought the best actual player for their money, but the player best suited to their team and how they want to play.

Reading that back, that may not make sense, but the other example in the league of this is Costa at Chelsea. Is he the best footballer Chelsea could have bought for that money? No. Is he the most suited player for that position? Absolutely.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Agreed. He is not playing the generic target man at Leicester. Far from it in fact. He is drifitng out wide and yesterday was a perfect example. Him, Vardy and Nugent were all interchanging CONSTANTLY and it continued when Schlupp (spelling?) came on. It was brilliant to watch.

It has to be said, Nigel Pearson clearly did his homework on Ulloa. They have not bought the best actual player for their money, but the player best suited to their team and how they want to play.

Reading that back, that may not make sense, but the other example in the league of this is Costa at Chelsea. Is he the best footballer Chelsea could have bought for that money? No. Is he the most suited player for that position? Absolutely.

For the money also, Jose waited 18 months and he knows better than you he guy is a bargain, a monster, a matador...scores bucket loads, kicks defenders loads and gets sent off loads far better have him than our TIMID MUNCHKIN attack

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For the money also, Jose waited 18 months and he knows better than you he guy is a bargain, a monster, a matador...scores bucket loads, kicks defenders loads and gets sent off loads far better have him than our TIMID MUNCHKIN attack

Hang on? Have I got this right? Are you suggesting that you'd rather we had DIEGO COSTA than Sam Baldock or Craig Mackail Smith?

You really can't buy that kind of devastating insight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here