Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester after £6.5m Leo Ulloa

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
My point is that Gayle cost £6 million, why should we accept any lower if we don't want to sell. We paid £2 million for him so why would we sell him to you for that price?

Im agreeing with you... you shouldnt sell on cheap, my point is i dont think this will happen anyway so i wouldnt worry about it

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Im agreeing with you... you shouldnt sell on cheap, my point is i dont think this will happen anyway so i wouldnt worry about it

Ok I can see us selling him for the right price, though. If you are anything like the Palace fans, then your mantra will be, oh well we can afford it now (if you over pay on a player).

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
And your point is?

Vardy was playing for the Dog and Duck before you took a punt on him.

True, but we only paid 1 million for Vardy who was prolific at "the Dog and Duck" and very very fast, so worth a punt? 6.5 Million for a slow player who is above average in the Championship is definatly not worth a punt,

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
True, but we only paid 1 million for Vardy who was prolific at "the Dog and Duck" and very very fast, so worth a punt? 6.5 Million for a slow player who is above average in the Championship is definatly not worth a punt,
Leo isn't fast, but he isn't slow either. Besides his game is all about power, as he showed against your defense this year....7-2 wasn't it?

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
Leo isn't fast, but he isn't slow either. Besides his game is all about power, as he showed against your defense this year....7-2 wasn't it?

yes i must admit he did have 2 very good games against us, although i don't really count the home game. we play at an unbelievable pace at times, even being quite fast wont be good enough especially in the premier league, and we especially will not pay 6.5 mil for a player with no premier league experience, not a chance.

Yes 7-2 it was... promoted with 6 games to spare and 30 point difference between us.. wasn't it?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
yes i must admit he did have 2 very good games against us, although i don't really count the home game. we play at an unbelievable pace at times, even being quite fast wont be good enough especially in the premier league, and we especially will not pay 6.5 mil for a player with no premier league experience, not a chance.

Yes 7-2 it was... promoted with 6 games to spare and 30 point difference between us.. wasn't it?
...and despite all that league dominance we took you apart. Took you apart.

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014

it happens, out of all the teams in the championship i cannot think of a better side to have done that to us. I do think that had we needed to win the home game it would of been very different, and if you disagree you are very nieve to think otherwise

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014

and plus it was plastic fans day out, so im glad we got hammered, nothing i hate more than plastic fans, no coincidence they all left when the fourth went in..

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
it happens, out of all the teams in the championship i cannot think of a better side to have done that to us. I do think that had we needed to win the home game it would of been very different, and if you disagree you are very nieve to think otherwise
Pissed on your parade didn't we :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If it makes you happy then yes, but no not really.. we won the league with ease, so two results mean nothing

Similar thing happened to us 3 years ago. Walked Division One with the title in the bag early, then with injuries to our key players and a loss of motivation, we lost our final 2 homes to Huddersfield and (very high spending .... way ahead of club turnover) Southampton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To Steve LCFC.
Nugent - you are lucky to have him. For some reason, I don't know why but I had always found him cocky and slightly annoying, but at LCFC he's been a fantastic forward. Seems lighter and more mobile than at past clubs, has more pace than I thought, is a great finisher and a constant pain for defences. Appears to be very fit too, so is able to keep doing all the aforementioned for the entire 90 minutes.
Ulloa - many Albion fans seem to adore him, but I think he'd be a slow waste of money for LCFC. PL central defenders would have him 'in their pockets'. That's might opinion. You now have PL riches and wealthy owners - I expect you will be signing top-flight-class players from England and overseas, who are far better than Ulloa.

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
To Steve LCFC.
Nugent - you are lucky to have him. For some reason, I don't know why but I had always found him cocky and slightly annoying, but at LCFC he's been a fantastic forward. Seems lighter and more mobile than at past clubs, has more pace than I thought, is a great finisher and a constant pain for defences. Appears to be very fit too, so is able to keep doing all the aforementioned for the entire 90 minutes.
Ulloa - many Albion fans seem to adore him, but I think he'd be a slow waste of money for LCFC. PL central defenders would have him 'in their pockets'. That's might opinion. You now have PL riches and wealthy owners - I expect you will be signing top-flight-class players from England and overseas, who are far better than Ulloa.

I couldn't agree more, spot on with that comment, apart from Nugent who I have been very critical of this season, especially the first half up to Xmas. How do you think you'll get on this afternoon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here