Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester after £6.5m Leo Ulloa

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Has any team gone into administration while receiving parachute payments? I doubt it.

Fulham's wage bill last season was £67 million (it will have risen this season), their parachute payment will be £18 million.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
not silly, surprised, we wont spend 6 million on a player with no previous premier league experience not a a chance. Would you if you had our money? Would you buy Ulloa from another team for that amount of money? honestly?

Palace did with Gayle. Ulloa played in La Liga.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
not silly, surprised, we wont spend 6 million on a player with no previous premier league experience not a a chance. Would you if you had our money? Would you buy Ulloa from another team for that amount of money? honestly?

It is not a matter of what I would do as it's not my money but that's what Palace paid for Dwight Gayle, look at what United paid for Zaha, Conner Wickham went for a fortune and we shifted Bridcutt to sunderland for £4 million and he is a defensive midfielder. I am not for a minute suggesting he is worth that but when championship clubs know premier league cash is on the table the price is usually higher than you would expect. That is if this even happens of course as at the moment this is paper talk nothing else but with the amount of goals scored in a fairly defensive setup I can see why clubs would be having a look

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Leicester can do one. Ulloa is our best striker. £10M might do it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Has any team gone into administration while receiving parachute payments? I doubt it.

Loads of teams make losses in the tens of millions whist receiving Parachute Payments. Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves last season are no exception, and they didn't even have a top 6 finish between them.

steveLCFC

May 8, 2014
It is not a matter of what I would do as it's not my money but that's what Palace paid for Dwight Gayle, look at what United paid for Zaha, Conner Wickham went for a fortune and we shifted Bridcutt to sunderland for £4 million and he is a defensive midfielder. I am not for a minute suggesting he is worth that but when championship clubs know premier league cash is on the table the price is usually higher than you would expect. That is if this even happens of course as at the moment this is paper talk nothing else but with the amount of goals scored in a fairly defensive setup I can see why clubs would be having a look

Fair point, and i dont blame any club for increasing the price for a premier league side, i think we'd do the same.. I just think the mantra at leicester has changed now, we wont spend that kind of money unless the player has previous premier league experience, but even more is the fact that he is slow. we have fast players throughout our side so I dont see how he would get into our current side. I hope he stays with you, moving to us or any other premier league team would be a mistake.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
yes but the rumour isnt about Gayle its about Ulloa, 2 million and their might be some truth in it, not 6.5 tho.. seriously

My point is that Gayle cost £6 million, why should we accept any lower if we don't want to sell. We paid £2 million for him so why would we sell him to you for that price?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
yes but the rumour isnt about Gayle its about Ulloa, 2 million and their might be some truth in it, not 6.5 tho.. seriously
We paid £2.5 for him, and he's scored a goal every other game. You are deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here