Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
North stand were a disgrace, jeering a player making a debut after catching a ball, loud groans at him also and the booing WAS on the half time whistle rather than the ref walking off when the team had gone.

I perceived it as booing the team.

Yep that was an absolute disgrace. Anyone here who "ironically" cheered Gonzalez (on his DEBUT) when he caught pretty much EVERYTHING all game, you are not BHA fans. Simple as that.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Please. Just shut the f*** up you dull, tiresome bore. You are the most one-eyed happy clappy sycophantic numpty on here. I can't be the only person pissed off reading your constant haranging of anyone who doesn't agree that all is well, and that anyone daring to criticising Gus or any of our players is somehow disloyal.

If you don't like people expressing opinions, then get the f*** off this site.

A tad harsh I thought.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sorry but that's utter bullshit. There's been countless post-match iterviews where Gus has praised the Amex/away crowd and said how the atmosphere has made a huge difference to the players. He's generally quite complimentary about us when we deserve it, so I think he has every right to have a go at supporters who are being twats. Booing is one thing, but jeering at your own player who is making his debut for the club is disgusting and I think it's understandable that Gus was pissed off.

i think rugrat is has also missed this quote from Poyet amongst his criticism ''normally they are unbelievable''

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I would have taken this position at the start of the season and been really pleased. I don't see how many teams can get promotion on consecutive seasons without it coming crashing down and to go from Div 1 to Prem is asking a lot of any club.
trouble was with the new stadium and the start we had it got people believing we were good enough and we are clearly not.

To play the way Gus wants in the prem is going to cost £100M on players and I don't see how you can do that in one season. A good keeper and back four is going to cost you £30M for a start and with prem wages there is no way you can go from Championship to the prem and survive with a team that cost what we have spent.

I won't criticise Gus this season for this reason except on 2 points I don't like the way he changes keepers every time they have a bad game. I get the impression he swapped Gomez last night so he can bring back Casper or Brez and not buy a new keeper.
Also I get the impression he plays the crowd off against club, the board and players as it suits him. Its beginning to alienate people and have a negative effect. I'm fed up with hearing "I'll go home"!

If I have one big worry its our form which is dropping like a stone and must be corrected in the next two games and certainly at the start of next season, if we don't get off to a good start expect hysteria from Fans, Club and manager! 1 win, 3 draws and 3 losses in the last 8 games is not good!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Please. Just shut the f*** up you dull, tiresome bore. You are the most one-eyed happy clappy sycophantic numpty on here. I can't be the only person pissed off reading your constant haranging of anyone who doesn't agree that all is well, and that anyone daring to criticising Gus or any of our players is somehow disloyal.

If you don't like people expressing opinions, then get the f*** off this site.

to be honest your opinion means f*** all to me..and i would suggest you take the advice given to me ..perhaps look in the mirror..just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make me right ..or you ..its my opinion....and apparently this is a forum where i am able to voice it....you have that same opportunity so i suggest you accept it

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It's not utter bullshit ... you may not agree with me that's fine but it's not BS. It's a genuine belief as I'm sure your statement is and I respect your view, just don't agree with it.

I just don't really see how you've formed that opinion. He praises the fans in probably the majority of interviews he does.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
So Gus is pissed off with the fans. Good, an experience he will learn from I hope.

At the end of the day we are the ones that pay the wages( and TB of course) so he has to start taking us into consideration eventually.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
to be honest your opinion means f*** all to me..and i would suggest you take the advice given to me ..perhaps look in the mirror..just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make me right ..or you ..its my opinion....and apparently this is a forum where i am able to voice it....you have that same opportunity so i suggest you accept it
And your opinion means f*** all to me. You just criticise ANYONE who dares to criticise the manager or players, whether understandable or not.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
i think rugrat is has also missed this quote from Poyet amongst his criticism ''normally they are unbelievable''

I'm not talking about last night I'm talking generally. When I see other interviews with Managers they regularly come out in praise of the fans ... ok so it's probably a bit of good PR/Media training but they do it. Gus doesn't do it (note: in my opinion) indeed I was shocked when he came out before the Reading game saying we needed it to be rocking.

I'm not questioning here his capability or even selections just the fact that I don't think he gives a rats arse about what you me or indeed anyone thinks of him. He's going to do it his way and as he said "if they don't like that then don't come"

Last week I see the CEO of Sainsburys on TV last week answering criticisms of the quality of their own brand produce ... you think he said "well if they don't like it then they don't have to buy it"

Don't tell me it's different, it's not except that we have no choice, after 30 years I'm not about to bugger off because of Gus. When his bus buggers off to wherever it goes are you going to be on it?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So Gus is pissed off with the fans. Good, an experience he will learn from I hope.

At the end of the day we are the ones that pay the wages( and TB of course) so he has to start taking us into consideration eventually.

Taking us into consideration? What the hell are you on about? His job is to manage the team and up to this point I'd say he's done a bloody great job at it. He was asked how he felt about the crowd booing. He answered. What's the problem?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Like Hailsham Gull I had to go and point percy at the porcelain just before the end of the first half and so, while I heard the boos, I assumed they were for the Ref. He was certainly on my hitlist but I don't ever boo my own players.

That said, if it was the players who were getting stick we need to put that in to the context of shipping 8 goals and scoring none in a game and a half of football that effectively destroyed any hope of making the playoffs. It wasn't that long ago we were 6th. Some people would simply have taken out their natural frustration at this.

The club has come an incredibly long way under Poyet and he hasn't become a bad manager overnight but I think there is an element of cynicism in his team selections. I suspect he has concluded that the current squad would struggle very badly in the Premiership (correct conclusion) and that if we went up through the playoffs we would not have time or resources to improve the squad enough. Picking Dicker, Painter and Gonzales says to me that they will not be here next season, that he needs to convince you, me, himself and Tony Bloom that there are a lot of players that we owe sentimentally but who are not good enough at this level. Perhaps like a card player folding a half decent hand in the hope of a better one later.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Taking us into consideration? What the hell are you on about? His job is to manage the team and up to this point I'd say he's done a bloody great job at it. He was asked how he felt about the crowd booing. He answered. What's the problem?

What I'm saying is the fans are the lifeblood of the club. They have to be considered along with many other things. I just don't think Gus considers the fans at all when he makes decisions and I think that is a mistake.

People pay good money to be entertained you can't just make decisions based completely on other matters and ignore that.

Take the 3000 away fans at West Ham last Saturday as an example.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not talking about last night I'm talking generally. When I see other interviews with Managers they regularly come out in praise of the fans ... ok so it's probably a bit of good PR/Media training but they do it. Gus doesn't do it (note: in my opinion) indeed I was shocked when he came out before the Reading game saying we needed it to be rocking.

I'm not questioning here his capability or even selections just the fact that I don't think he gives a rats arse about what you me or indeed anyone thinks of him. He's going to do it his way and as he said "if they don't like that then don't come"

Last week I see the CEO of Sainsburys on TV last week answering criticisms of the quality of their own brand produce ... you think he said "well if they don't like it then they don't have to buy it"

Don't tell me it's different, it's not except that we have no choice, after 30 years I'm not about to bugger off because of Gus. When his bus buggers off to wherever it goes are you going to be on it?

lol at comment re sainsburys...i agree with the sentiment of yur post rug ..and maybe it hasn't com across enough to fans that he does appreciate the support..u know the bit i quoted as ''unbelievable'' ...well that was one of the first times i have heard it...i don't subscribe to seagull player so maybe more of his opinions on the support has been said there...so i really can c where u r coming from ....but as another poster has said ''he really does wear his heart on his sleeve'' and can react on the moment...personally i never grow tired of listening to him...but at end of day its the club that will b there hopefully forever not Mr Poyet

Last edited:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Wonder how he would cope at West Ham when the fans boo you when you are WINNING games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here