Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
lol at comment re sainsburys...i agree with the sentiment of yur post rug ..and maybe it hasn't com across enough to fans that he does appreciate the support..u know the bit i quoted as ''unbelievable'' ...well that was one of the first times i have heard it...i don't subscribe to seagull player so maybe more of his opinions on the support has been said there...so i really can c where u r coming from ....but as another poster has said ''he really does wear his heart on his sleeve'' and can react on the moment...personally i never grow tired of listening to him...but at end of day its the club that will b there hopefully forever not Mr Poyet

Cheers, that's fair enough.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I most hate the unfunny lump in the North Stand who looks to drag attention to himself by shouting at our players whenever the crowd stops singing and he has the chance to tickle the retards in his row. I heard him shouting something like "Barnes, you've heard about the summer cull of unwanted talent!" a few times and i generally want him, for his attention-seeking ways and foul-heartedness, to have a terrible accident, preferably at the hands of Gus, who'll walk into the North Stand, sit next to him throughout half-time, handing him a free pie with a poisonous turd as its main filling.
I just hate the bloke, i really do, and all he represents as a human, but more as a disheartening fan.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I most hate the unfunny lump in the North Stand who looks to drag attention to himself by shouting at our players whenever the crowd stops singing and he has the chance to tickle the retards in his row. I heard him shouting something like "Barnes, you've heard about the summer cull of unwanted talent!" a few times and i generally want him, for his attention-seeking ways and foul-heartedness, to have a terrible accident, preferably at the hands of Gus, who'll walk into the North Stand, sit next to him throughout half-time, handing him a free pie with a poisonous turd as its main filling.
I just hate the bloke, i really do, and all he represents as a human, but more as a disheartening fan.

I think he sits a few seats around me. He will shout something- get a chuckle off maybe one or two people and then repeat the same joke over and over again. He is lile a North Stand Bobby Davro.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Heated discussions....

1) Yes Gus has done a great job getting us to where we are now
2) In general the season has been a success
3) Fans pay their money and should be able to voice an opionion... I hate the shit about remember where we came from.. so you can never want more from your club and should always make do
4) Gus really is very arrogant and is starting to think he's more than he is...He has had much more budget than any recent manager (remember the days where winning a coca cola comp was the only way we could get a 250k player)
5) The last few team selections have been poor and he hasn't communicated with the fans why he has done this... We blew the chance of play off spot... I know this is more than most fans would have expected but we basically did all the hard work for the last 8 months and then blew it.

In summary a good season... but deserves some citism for his team selections of late. Maybe if he warmed to the fans more and explained himself sometimes (i.e. team selection).. All this anomistiy wouldnt occur.

Getting us one promostion doe not make him permanently untouchable...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Heated discussions....

3) Fans pay their money and should be able to voice an opionion... I hate the shit about remember where we came from.. so you can never want more from your club and should always make do
4) Gus really is very arrogant and is starting to think he's more than he is...He has had much more budget than any recent manager (remember the days where winning a coca cola comp was the only way we could get a 250k player)
5) The last few team selections have been poor and he hasn't communicated with the fans why he has done this... We blew the chance of play off spot... I know this is more than most fans would have expected but we basically did all the hard work for the last 8 months and then blew it.

In summary a good season... but deserves some citism for his team selections of late. Maybe if he warmed to the fans more and explained himself sometimes (i.e. team selection).. All this anomistiy wouldnt occur.

Does your point 4 not contradict point 3!?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Heated discussions....

Oh the irony of a poster with a Spurs Avatar writing this

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't bite the hand that feeds you Gus.

Oh give over. A few people boo'd and Gus said he wasn't happy with it, hardly biting the hand that feeds him. What an overaction by everyone including Gus. He's just doing what any good manager would do - protecting his players. Rightly or wrongly. Biting the hand that feeds you, what sanctimonious bollocks!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think with his recent run of form, and his team selection/tactics that have seen our promotion chances fade away, I would be very careful if I was Gus Poyet in having a go at the fans. There's not many other clubs that would he wouldn't have received abuse, a long before now for some of the weird things he's been doing.

For whats is worth I think the fans were booing the ref.

I didn't join in, because I know Poyet is a sensitive little fucker, and thought if anyone deserve the stick, it was Gus and not the ref, who was just run of the mill shit.

After Gus' comments, I can see sections of the North Stand getting on Gus' back on Saturday if he continues his strange ways.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think with his recent run of form, and his team selection/tactics that have seen our promotion chances fade away, I would be very careful if I was Gus Poyet in having a go at the fans. There's not many other clubs that would he wouldn't have received abuse, a long before now for some of the weird things he's been doing.

Is this a game of rearrange the words in order to make a coherent sentence!?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh give over. A few people boo'd and Gus said he wasn't happy with it, hardly biting the hand that feeds him. What an overaction by everyone including Gus. He's just doing what any good manager would do - protecting his players. Rightly or wrongly. Biting the hand that feeds you, what sanctimonious bollocks!
I guess a manager doesn't have to be popular with the fans to succeed. Anyway I had a great time last night, always a pleasure to go and cheer the lads on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Or, to flip it round; "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"
Maybe, but in a crowd of 19000 surely he would expect some displeasure from a minority after the poor first half (following on from the West Ham game). Whatever, it seemed to fire everyone up for the second half, which was excellent.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
North stand were a disgrace, jeering a player making a debut after catching a ball.

I don't think Gonzalez was jeered - more ironic cheers (not from me, I might add!).

I think in a sense this was more a reflection of our goalkeeping problems this season. The fact that after Ankergren and Brezovan, we still can't seem to find a decent keeper. When he failed to save the free-kick, the general reaction seemed to be "Oh, another shit keeper then!"

It was very hard on him. He may turn out to be a great goalkeeper - who knows. De Gea didn't exactly shine in his first few appearances for Man Utd.

For what it's worth, I think Ankergren deserved another chance last night. He did have a dodgy spell, but overall he is far superior to Brezovan.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
You know the manager and you know how he is likely to re-act. I read here that people pay their money and therefore have the right to respond. That may well be the case. However if you have the right to criticise the manager and the team for this and that and something else he has the right to respond. Equally some of the criticisms of players here one would think come more from Palace supporters than our own. There is one thread of Gary Dicker with his picture which I feel is unworthy. The Brighton team has a reputation for good football, our opponents have treated us very seriously, they know we carry real threat and the stadium is excellent. It will be a pity if the club develops a reputation for poor quality support. The mud has been thrown by Gus, it is in the media, us lot need to make sure it does not stick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here