Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
He could've called the boo boys cnuts for all I care if he'd actually acknowledge we were well below our usual standards this season in that first half.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well I suppose if all the football they've seen for the last few years has been highlights of the PL, then the Amex's bog-standard innit and Old Trafford's well bigger.
You actually think that any fan that boo's or moans is a new fan:lol:
Even last season winning the legue you would get moaning etc,this is what football fans do at footy matches so get used to it,you're obsessed with a myth,yes a myth that we have 15000 new fans:D

Just returning fans

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Even last season winning the legue you would get moaning etc,this is what football fans do at footy matches so get used to it,you're obsessed with a myth,yes a myth that we have 15000 new fans:D

Just returning fans

Well it turns out no one was booing the team after all so I can discard my 'obsession' :)

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
''he does not like fans'' ..hardly ..he said a minority

But nothing about the 'great escape' song that went round the ground that lifted the place and helped, as the 12th man or woman, to get the goal. Like I said, my opinion of him has gone down after last night.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Always been a big fan of gus until he started making stupid comments and started to put a shite team out for very important games,sometimes i think he just loves playing mind games with players and supporters.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But nothing about the 'great escape' song that went round the ground that lifted the place and helped, as the 12th man or woman, to get the goal. Like I said, my opinion of him has gone down after last night.

that 2nd half support was brilliant ..and i agree certainly lifted the place

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Always been a big fan of gus until he started making stupid comments and started to put a shite team out for very important games,sometimes i think he just loves playing mind games with players and supporters.

shite team out for reading?...if we had taken our chances worthy winners i thought?

Oct 6, 2010
I didn't boo and anybody who did is a prat of the highest order. I am though, now of the opinion that if gus were to leave us, I wouldn't be too bothered at all. Not a popular opinion but one I stand by.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I didn't boo and anybody who did is a prat of the highest order. I am though, now of the opinion that if gus were to leave us, I wouldn't be too bothered at all. Not a popular opinion but one I stand by.

I don't think its a bad opinion to have. This board is for opinions. Personally I love Gus but sometimes I seriously don't understand his thought processes. However I'm also not capable of understanding how he has managed to reinvigorated so many aspects of the club so quickly.

I would say though I'm less worried about him going now than I was last year simply because the club is on a different level and could attract a higher calibre of boss. Mind you this is in no small part down to Gus.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I would say though I'm less worried about him going now than I was last year simply because the club is on a different level and could attract a higher calibre of boss. Mind you this is in no small part down to Gus.

I agree that we can attract a higher calibre of boss but reckon it's more to do with

A fabulous stadium and planned training facilities
A solid fan base with the potential to grow even higher
Just a bloody nice place to be, as opposed to dumps like Boro, Coventry, Barnsley etc
A solid financial platform

and most importantly

A Chairman who is a true supporter and genuinely wants the very best for the club and everyone associated with it (vs someone unknown Eastern European or Asian gazillionaire who actually hasn't got a penny and wants to asset strip or make a quick buck)

Gus has definitely had an influence over aspects of that but in fairness any half decent Manager would have done the same. I'm in no doubt that B&HA is a big ticket job and if Gus ever did get on his bus we would see a very high quality short list of candidates

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Gus doesn't,t like fans booing and some fans don,t like Gus defending racists or forever talking about his future jobs.

Such is life.

DPM0395

Aug 11, 2011
London

Just returning fans

agreed. I remember being at the FA Cup game last season at FC United, not a great performance, but got a lucky draw, we were top of the league and playing well, a fan in front of me could be heard repeating, "I don't know what we're gonna do" to himself. Over reaction certainly accompanies supporting a side, always. Think Gus is a victim of his own success, top, top manager; of course he makes mistakes, but a GREAT first season back in the championship.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
twat!
i really don't think so!

sorry dingo, didn't mean to reply to yours!
(was meant for mr burns gibberish about the sections of the north turning on gus..)
You :tosser:. It would appear its already happened. Not saying I agree with it, but Gus has brought it on himself, and if he does want to take on the North Stand, they way Poyet throws his toys around, there will be only one loser.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I agree with you completely. At the beginning of the season, my world would have caved in if Gus went. I think the way he has gone about things over the past 6 weeks or so, I really believe he has reach his full potential, and I can't see any "big" club being interested. The season is going to end at the right time for everyone, because if this carried on for another half dozen games or so, then I think Gus would come in for a lot of stick, and probably walk away. Hopefully he can put it right over the summer, but I think the retained list will give us a clue as to where things are going under him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Or maybe, just maybe this is just Poyet Playing games.

He knows he has f***ed up the end of the season, so having a pop at fans, (when it was clear to most it was the ref getting stick) turns the fans against each other, we all have a ruck and forget about how Poyet has lost the plot, team selection/tactic wise in the past few weeks. :lol:

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Only a mug criticises long standing, and new, customers.

Gus may be a good manager, but he isn't god.

In a few years time Gus will be elsewhere, but those customers will still be there.

And I'm 100% certain our chairman is well aware of that.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here