Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I enjoy listening to Gus and he is now my favourite Brighton manager.

I think we should be careful that he doesn't conform to something he is not. His straightness and fairness is quality. He comes across like a strong intelligent and very likeable leader. He manages expectations and communicates some difficult messages well.

However, he has said some shocking things in the media and his team selection is difficult to understand and I haven't found it agreeable.

TBH he sounds like a manage who is upset and is holding the chairman for ransom for player budget with an eye on leaving probably with vicente because he thinks the next step of this challenge is too hard. Why not take the easy route.

Our loyalty to him doesn't feel like its returned. Tony Bloom and co should be our real heroes. Gus said the top lot spend so much that they need promotion. Is that what is wrong with this club we are not one of them.

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
To be honest us Brighton fans have always been a tad fickle, however i personally thought the boos were for the ref, didnt even occur to me that they were for the team let alone an individual. If they were for the keeper then that is out of order, despite a "nervy start" shall we say, i certainly dont think he was any worse than anyone else in that first half.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Or, to flip it round; "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

True but i don't honestly think anyone is trying to get rid of Gus. Maybe fans are more asking for an understanding rather than criticism and threats. Some of it sounds like humour which was unfortunately hurtful and damaging.

The booing has been dramatised by an upset emotional Gus.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
i think with his recent run of form, and his team selection/tactics that have seen our promotion chances fade away, i would be very careful if i was gus poyet in having a go at the fans. There's not many other clubs that would he wouldn't have received abuse, a long before now for some of the weird things he's been doing.

For whats is worth i think the fans were booing the ref.

I didn't join in, because i know poyet is a sensitive little fucker, and thought if anyone deserve the stick, it was gus and not the ref, who was just run of the mill shit.

After gus' comments, i can see sections of the north stand getting on gus' back on saturday if he continues his strange ways.

f*** off.

BHAFANS

Jul 27, 2011
Middleton
I booed the ref, no one I thought actually booed the players, we had made some good opportunities and I fully expected us to get back into the game

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If people boo'd the ref then for future note . . .you boo the ref as he gets near the tunnel . Anything else gets mis interpreted

Mar 10, 2006
Wait till Gus goes to Leeds where they boo and moan if they aint 2-0 up after 10 minutes or if he goes to the yids where they f*** off with quarter of an hour to go if they are getting beaten then he'll realise what he's up against. A handful of people booing at the Amex will seem like a walk in the park

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
After that interview my opnion of Gus has gone down. He does not like the fans and seems to not know where this club has been before.

Feb 14, 2010
When you manage a club with our fanbase then don't expect a pat on the back for throwing away a slot in the play offs, losing 6-0 to west ham and then going 2-0 down to Watford at home. I'm pleased he understands that you have to pass the ball to each other but someone tap him on the shoulder and tell him that its not our fault the Albion was the victim of a property transaction but now Brighton expects. Poyet must get used to expectation and be thankful he is not Barry Lloyd, as that bloke does know what stick is.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wait till Gus goes to Leeds where they boo and moan if they aint 2-0 up after 10 minutes or if he goes to the yids where they f*** off with quarter of an hour to go if they are getting beaten then he'll realise what he's up against. A handful of people booing at the Amex will seem like a walk in the park

1000% this.....be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I stayed to the bitter end and applauded our players off the pitch at West Ham (god knows why) and I boo'd the ref off at half time at the Watford game What's wrong with that!!!!!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Gus is being a bit of a soppy sausage isn't he. I also stayed to the end of the west ham game a clap the players. It was not about that result but the season. As much as I love what he has done since he has been here, some times his interviews leave me a little perplexed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gus is being a bit of a soppy sausage isn't he. I also stayed to the end of the west ham game a clap the players. It was not about that result but the season. As much as I love what he has done since he has been here, some times his interviews leave me a little perplexed.

lol ''SOPPY SAUSAGE'' lov it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here