Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
In his defence he does only make ref to "a small section of supporters", and he was interviewed straight after the game so maybe they just got to him. He's as frustrated as all of us on here by the fact that a minority were doing that, he knows the majority get it, He certainly wasnt having a pop at all of the fans. At least he cares. I think we will see a very different side next season and I for one am really looking forward to it. Enjoy the ride on the Gus Bus folks, still got a way to go yet.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Personally speaking, I don't believe in booing the team. I did once, in Gillingham, in the Jeff Wood era after the 3,715th defeat (or something). I don't see how booing helps the team on the pitch but on this one occasion it was borne out of sheer impotent frustration.

And that's the thing. That frustration is the trigger for the boo boys and the threshold for it is lower for some than others. The facts are that we had managed to get to 4th place in the table before nosediving, not winning in six matches and losing three on the bounce. It's also worth pointing out that at the time of the alleged booing we had conceded 10 goals since last scoring one of our own.

That is a recipe for frustration and Gus is living in another world if he expects to get a "get out of jail free" card for all eventualities.

I want him to stay though. He's still fab.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
In his defence he does only make ref to "a small section of supporters", and he was interviewed straight after the game so maybe they just got to him. He's as frustrated as all of us on here by the fact that a minority were doing that, he knows the majority get it,
If thats the case he must be even more clever than he gives himself credit for, as considering a lot of the crowd were booing the ref, Gus has magically worked out that only a small section were booing the team. Very very clever if he can tell which boos were meant for the ref and which for the team. Especailly has he was off down the tunnel at half time within seconds of the whistle so would have been inside at the time.... what a genius that man is :thumbsup:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
From the qoute's I read he seemed more angry about the people who were sarcastic towards Gonzalez.

There are certain circumstances where i'd consider booing the team (nothing like Wednesday though, and i'd never boo an individual player of ours) but taking the piss out of a debutant does seem pretty dickish

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I don't think its a bad opinion to have. This board is for opinions. Personally I love Gus but sometimes I seriously don't understand his thought processes. However I'm also not capable of understanding how he has managed to reinvigorated so many aspects of the club so quickly.

I would say though I'm less worried about him going now than I was last year simply because the club is on a different level and could attract a higher calibre of boss. Mind you this is in no small part down to Gus.

Good post - totally agree.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If thats the case he must be even more clever than he gives himself credit for, as considering a lot of the crowd were booing the ref, Gus has magically worked out that only a small section were booing the team. Very very clever if he can tell which boos were meant for the ref and which for the team. Especailly has he was off down the tunnel at half time within seconds of the whistle so would have been inside at the time.... what a genius that man is :thumbsup:

not sure i agree - the boos i heard in WSU where instanteanous at the HT whistle rather than the as ther ref approached the tunnel. But anyway this thread was origionally about my dismay at gus being angry with fans after team selection and performance at West Ham and being 2 nil down at HT to a percieved weaker champ side. I think he made a mistake to even mention the booing regardless of who it was actually aimed at - he should have mentioned the second half support. I just wonder if Paul Camlin or Tony Bloom ever have a word in his ear about what comes out of his mouth?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If you could properly read the thread, you will see I was being sarcastic. Apology please hard man!

I'm way to hard for apologies.

*Grunt*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here