Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Fans on here have been crying out for Gus to start with two wingers...last night he did...and still people are'nt happy!

Probably because of the inclusion of Painter and Dicker again, who were absolutely shocking and have been for some while. Vincelot should have started and JFC should have replaced Dicker.

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
I am surprised there would be criticisim for him but I guess you have spent a fair bit.

Still top 10 is a solid enough season I would have though for you to build on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The thing that really seems to have got Gus' back up is the sarcastic cheer that Gonzales got from the North Stand after making a save. In that respect I totally agree with Gus. You've got a keeper on debut and his own fans are taking the piss out of him. How exactly is that going to help his confidence?

o but some people just love to boo a player and slate them off...theres a few on here who love to stick the knife in week after week

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
FWIW tonight was the first time in a long time I've been genuinely embarassed by fellow Brighton fans, and not a tiny minority, but a vast number. It wasn't like it was half a dozen booers, it seemed like about 25% of the ground was giving it out at half time, and anyone thinking it was aimed at the ref is deluding themselves, it was at the whistle, not as the ref walked in. The first half performance was poor but the booing is MORONIC. Where are we in the league? Is this season really such a horrendous disaster? I personally don't give a f*** if we lose the next two games, this season will still be a success in my mind given I thought we'd finish about 15th-16th. The sarcastic jeering from the North Stand every time Gonzalez came for a cross was awful, the abuse for Dicker (even though he was poor) bordered on the psychotic. For 20 minutes in the second half the place was bouncing and behind the team, and we stepped it up and pulled a goal back. It shows the effect the crowd can have on the team when we're loud and positive. Tonight, if you booed, if you jeered, if you gave stick, regardless of the 'I pay my money' line that will inevitably be trotted out as a pathetic self-righteous justification for your own cvntish behaviour, you're a f***ing embarassment to the club and yourself, and do us all a favour and don't bother coming back again, Gus is right, you're not wanted. Rant over.

well said that person !!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably because of the inclusion of Painter and Dicker again, who were absolutely shocking and have been for some while. Vincelot should have started and JFC should have replaced Dicker.

Dicker has been shocking for a while? Really?

And JFC to replace Dicker against such a physical team.... Wow

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am surprised there would be criticisim for him but I guess you have spent a fair bit.

Still top 10 is a solid enough season I would have though for you to build on.

i would have thought so too...but peeps do like a good moan and they all know what team to pick in hindsight

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
to be fair, we were 4th, on set for the play offs and he decided to change it at burnley and play barnes alone up front in our most important game for years.

he f00ked it and blamed the ref and had a paddy.

reading was massive and we played well but toothless strikers meant no goals.

west ham was then massive, but he had already thrown in the towel - we got hammered. his excuse is that we need to spend more and get better players, but he did not say this after the reading game. he does like a flippant sulk sometimes.

we win or play well - "i tried to do this, we do this" when we lose "the players are not good enough."

then after 3 massive defeats that ruin our season, we are 0-2 down at HT playing like it is pre-season - some ppl boo, this i think is fair and to be expected, imagine if he was manager at newcastle or sunderland - there would have been protests.

dont get me wrong, i like gus, but he has his faults and errors, but never admits them.

some ppl went to burnley and west ham, and took a kid or two - spending hundreds - they are entitled to boo players when they are not doing what they are paid to do.

rich players and managers need to accept in football you get the plaudits when good, and the aggro when bad. same in any job.

too many ppl on here think gus is god, most half decent managers would have got us to the top 10 with £5m and the new stadium - but i like gus' contacts and style of play, and see us challenging next year.

Quite right. I think Gus needs to be taken down a peg or two or he can 'go home' , his arrogance and inability to take the blame are starting to get on my nerves.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Dicker has been shocking for a while? Really?

And JFC to replace Dicker against such a physical team.... Wow

o hindsight ..everyone has there fav team though don't u think we've got quite a few managers on this thread ..of course if you disagree with them they say u r too poyet biased..i'm biased ye...brighton and hove albion biased

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
If it wasn't for moaning fans we wouldn't have the Amex.

I really like Gus, but over the last couple of games he has f***ed up.

TB

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If it wasn't for moaning fans we wouldn't have the Amex.

I really like Gus, but over the last couple of games he has f***ed up.

TB
..eh,,how do u draw that conclusion ...would u then say if it wasn't for the fans that don't moan we wouldn't have the amex?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Gus is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. You have to take him warts an' all, he is an emotional man who takes criticism to heart. That may well mean that ultimately, he's not cut out for the pressures and scrutiny of top flight management.

However, he is also the man who has masterminded our resurrection from the arse end of L1 to the fringes of the Championship playoffs in a little over 2 years, and has attracted some frankly FANTASTIC talent to this club. This season has, for the most part, been a joy. The quality of entertainment on offer at the Amex week in, week out has been utterly superb this season.

Anyone who wants to abandon this project off the back of a less than barnstorming finish to the season can f*** the f*** off as far as I'm concerned. They don't DESERVE to be in that stadium watching that football if they're going to whine like little BITCHES when we dare to not win a game. Tosspots.

Don't always agree with you Easy but what you have written here is spot on...in fact I could'nt have put it better myself.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It's just as well we have not got promoted this season as Gus' team selections will come under more intense scrutiny from a heap of different angles in the Prem. I don't support booing the team during a game but he has to get used to criticism as where we hope to go it will get a lot hotter.

Well said.
Perhaps it's not a good idea to tell the press that many players aren't good enough and should be culled. Then 24 hours later, tell the press that a minority of fans are a disgrace for booing.
In the Prem Gus would stand out as a brilliant coach but his thoughtless, crass comments to the press would also stand out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here