Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis voted LMA Premier League Manager of the Year

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Yep the ground is crap, But at least its got an atmosphere. Hopefully we will hear some plans over the summer regarding the stadium. Sounds like the plan is to extend the Whitehorse road end first to up the capacity before knocking down one of the bigger stands. CPFC2010 have done a grand job, Steve Parish works 18 hours a day for Palace by all accounts, No wandering off around Australia playing cards for him.

Rubbish fan base? Gates have been good and we haven't had the leg up of a new wonky stadium to attract JCLs and locally based fans of big premiership teams.

Keep up the bitterness, Love it! :clap2:

Why do you lot keep on about a wonky stadium??? - Surely yours is more wonky than ours. The holmesdale is massive, the sides are low and the other end is small. I don't understand? If you mean the fact that we don't have a shapeless bowl of an identikit stadium, then i concur.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yep the ground is crap, But at least its got an atmosphere. Hopefully we will hear some plans over the summer regarding the stadium. Sounds like the plan is to extend the Whitehorse road end first to up the capacity before knocking down one of the bigger stands. CPFC2010 have done a grand job, Steve Parish works 18 hours a day for Palace by all accounts, No wandering off around Australia playing cards for him.

Rubbish fan base? Gates have been good and we haven't had the leg up of a new wonky stadium to attract JCLs and locally based fans of big premiership teams.

Keep up the bitterness, Love it! :clap2:

"new wonky stadium" - you're not bitter are you?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I see a thread congratulating your manager on a good job, and all you see is bitterness. Bit weird.

The bitterness quote was in reference to Spicy's reply, Do keep up.

Majority here have very graciously called it right and admitted TP has done a good job.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Manager of the Year?
More like greatest managerial achievement in the history of football and the world keeping that shower of shit up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gates have been good and we haven't had the leg up of a new wonky stadium to attract JCLs and locally based fans of big premiership teams.

So, given a significant number of them weren't at Selhurst Park, even during a triumphant promotion season, just what has drawn them out of the woodwork this season?

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
So, given a significant number of them weren't at Selhurst Park, even during a triumphant promotion season, just what has drawn them out of the woodwork this season?

Very fair comment Bozza but I would stick my neck out to say that the extra numbers are more likely fair weather fans rather than new fans (JCLs I think you like to call them) or glory hunters (come on this is Palace! Glory? really?). I haven't been able to get to any league games this year - admittedly my availability is sparse but even when I do have time to go the ticketing policy means that I generally don't get a look in. Last season was a different matter but I also wasn't a father last season.

It is always going to happen - where a club has capacity for the attendances to grow upon promotion then they invariably will. It is a bigger better show to go and watch every week and the spoils are so much greater.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very fair comment Bozza but I would stick my neck out to say that the extra numbers are more likely fair weather fans rather than new fans (JCLs I think you like to call them) or glory hunters (come on this is Palace! Glory? really?). I haven't been able to get to any league games this year - admittedly my availability is sparse but even when I do have time to go the ticketing policy means that I generally don't get a look in. Last season was a different matter but I also wasn't a father last season.

It is always going to happen - where a club has capacity for the attendances to grow upon promotion then they invariably will. It is a bigger better show to go and watch every week and the spoils are so much greater.

Oh brilliant.

So six thousand "fair weather fans" who haven't been bothering to turn up at Selhurst for years because Palace have been shit are somehow superior to thousands of "JCL" Albion fans who want to be part of their home town club experience (most of whom were fair weather types anyway, not wanting to watch at Withdean after years of fourth division turd football)?

Yes, yes I can see how that allows you to justify it in your own mind. Jeez. You have plenty of reasons to feel superior right now. The support base is not one of them.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yes, yes I can see how that allows you to justify it in your own mind. Jeez. You have plenty of reasons to feel superior right now. The support base is not one of them.

Ok Edna , you can have that one .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seems a bit weird that the LMA vote for Brendan Rodgers as their overall manager of the year, but for Pulis as the Premier League manager of the year.

Are they not in the same league?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Seems a bit weird that the LMA vote for Brendan Rodgers as their overall manager of the year, but for Pulis as the Premier League manager of the year.

Are they not in the same league?

I believe that one is voted for by PL managers only, and the other by all 92 PL and FL managers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It all makes sense now.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Oh brilliant.

So six thousand "fair weather fans" who haven't been bothering to turn up at Selhurst for years because Palace have been shit are somehow superior to thousands of "JCL" Albion fans who want to be part of their home town club experience (most of whom were fair weather types anyway, not wanting to watch at Withdean after years of fourth division turd football)?

Back in your box Edna I was merely replying to Bozza and at no point suggested that palace fans are better than Albion fans. Just explaining where they have come from in my opinion.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
At this rate, we will soon be having our own internal Brighton & Hove Albion Manager of the Month award.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
How is that not Sean Dyche. Even more obvious than Pulis. Tiny budget, small squad, and lost top scorer at start of the season.

Rodgers won the award for best manager in the whole 92 in the fans award. Patrick Barclay said he thought Dyche should have got it. I can see the point. Burnley would have been mid table without him. He's going to be a superb manager at the very top soon.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
With you lot in our shadow. :thumbsup:

What are you even doing on a Brighton site anyway, have you come to gloat or is it because your own life and football club are soooooooooooooooo boring?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here