Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis voted LMA Premier League Manager of the Year

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Aggressive?! I'm just sick of deluded palace trolls piping up on every thread!

As for u being SAD enough to go through this thread and 'thumbs down' my comments. Jesus I had 6 notifications from a bloody palace fan. Bore off. Maybe get a life?

Take a breath.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£22 million wage bill last season suggests otherwise.

ztbw4p.jpg

That is the club's over all wage bill - not the playing budget.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Again, proof of what? That's not proof of overall budget now is it? And again if anything that's proved we haven't chucked millions at it. As I said, the money we've had has paid for our future mainly..

It appears to be more tangible, numeric, proof than anything you've said, which seems to consist of vague claims of modest transfer and wage investments, in order to placate your wish for BHAFC to be seen as a plucky, rule abiding club that struggles against the odds.

Anyone can do that. I mean, I could suggest that Bloom threw a shitload of cash at Gus when you were first promoted, which he (over)spent on the likes of Hoskins, Lua Lua, CMS, Vicente et al, thinking that Amex revenue would cover the shortfalls. It didn't, and promotion never came, and the losses piled up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It appears to be more tangible, numeric, proof than anything you've said, which seems to consist of vague claims of modest transfer and wage investments, in order to placate your wish for BHAFC to be seen as a plucky, rule abiding club that struggles against the odds.

Anyone can do that. I mean, I could suggest that Bloom threw a shitload of cash at Gus when you were first promoted, which he (over)spent on the likes of Hoskins, Lua Lua, CMS, Vicente et al, thinking that Amex revenue would cover the shortfalls. It didn't, and promotion never came, and the losses piled up.

No - that's not what I was saying now was it. I just mentioned our club philosophy and how well it's worked. You're mate said it was down to us throwing 130 million at it. That's totally untrue. End of convo.

Anyway well done to Pullis on winning the award... And Rogers for winning the main award :fishing:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
There's no way the table would be accurate though is there. That info is guessed (admittedly an educated guess using finances I assume) - Clubs don't divulge what certain players are on, whether they're first team etc. also the fact apart from Ulloa & Crofts, we spent nothing on transfers also has something to do with the budgets u think? We had Wayne Bridge etc
on loan so out wage position doesn't reflect overall budget - think about it u may learn something?

The Swiss rambler goes through most of the major leagues in Europe looking at finances. Do you really think he spends a lot of his time doing this and just makes up the figures? I should have given up on you once you mentioned Brighton and Barcelona in the same sentence, Completely bat shit crazy and massively deluded. :mad:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Swiss rambler goes through most of the major leagues in Europe looking at finances. Do you really think he spends a lot of his time doing this and just makes up the figures? I should have given up on you once you mentioned Brighton and Barcelona in the same sentence, Completely bat shit crazy and massively deluded. :mad:

Ok then - Brighton & Swansea! There's a direct comparison between certain clubs. Yes and I've pointed out we didn't spend much on players transfer fees so even if this table is right it's proved my point that we didn't chuck loads at it like say QPR / Forest / Leicester this yr - so thanks! Also it's been pointed out to u that's wages & not overall playing budget. End of conversation.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
No - that's not what I was saying now was it. I just mentioned our club philosophy and how well it's worked. You're mate said it was down to us throwing 130 million at it. That's totally untrue. End of convo.

Anyway well done to Pullis on winning the award... And Rogers for winning the main award :fishing:
130m has everything to do with where Brighton are at right now. You think you'd have the players to be able to carry out whatever this 'philosophy' is without it? The precise breakdown of where the money went is not of much consequence, except to Brighton fans with a holier than thou agenda.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

So you are denying that £130 million has been spent on your club, and you demand that no-one question that? On a discussion forum?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Ok then - Brighton & Swansea! There's a direct comparison between certain clubs. Yes and I've pointed out we didn't spend much on players transfer fees so even if this table is right it's proved my point that we didn't chuck loads at it like say QPR / Forest / Leicester this yr - so thanks! Also it's been pointed out to u that's wages & not overall playing budget. End of conversation.

Swansea, Yes a slightly more sane comparison. CMS? £3.25M Ulloa? £2M.

All clubs on the graph will have included non playing staff, So your argument makes little sense. Although yes you have not gone mad and gambled to the extent QPR(Hope they stay down) Forest and Leicester did. If you no longer wish to be involved in the conversation then don't reply.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013

All clubs on the graph will have included non playing staff, So your argument makes little sense. Although yes you have not gone mad and gambled to the extent QPR(Hope they stay down) Forest and Leicester did. If you no longer wish to be involved in the conversation then don't reply.
Well, the issue is that Brighton did spend beyond their means on the playing side, but they front loaded it during their League One season, and first season in the Championship especially. The hope was that, having established a squad of high quality in advance, come the advent of FFP, they would only have to maintain it within budget.

For one reason or another, it would seem that the standard of the assembled squad has not reached the satisfactory levels of the past two managers. Without further substantial investment on the playing side (perhaps beyond the remit of FFP), it would seem that future prospects of promotion for Brighton look somewhat bleak. The club finds itself at somewhat of a crossroads.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
130m has everything to do with where Brighton are at right now. You think you'd have the players to be able to carry out whatever this 'philosophy' is without it? The precise breakdown of where the money went is not of much consequence, except to Brighton fans with a holier than thou agenda.

Must've imagined the league 1 season and a half under Poyet when this philosophy was installed which moved us up about 20 of the places in the football ladder then - some time before the stadium!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So you are denying that £130 million has been spent on your club, and you demand that no-one question that? On a discussion forum?

Omg where have u got that from. Where have I denyed that? It was spent in the stadium yes... I was taking about our football philosophy & ur lot (wrongly) brought the stadium money into it. It's helped attract players of course but we were rapidly climbing that football ladder before the stadium. Jesus this is getting so pedantic now I don't think I realise the point I was making in the first place.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

CMS 2.5 to start. And about the only decent fee we paid out + 1mil for Buckley. Either way we be not chucked a huge amount at it and playing budget isn't as high as ur making out and a lot had been down to our style of football..

All I said was we, like Barcelona, have a playing style philosophy - it s the truth. I've not said anything else about us being like them. I could say Palace have the same club colours as Varcelona - will u get all stroppy about that comment?

L

litmanen

Btw, when talking with Palace-fans and comparing the two teams, it's good to remember that even if Palace now plays in a better League, they definetely don't have all the "bragging rights" since Brighton still has won more league games against Palace than Palace has (35 vs 32) :) And even when you include the cup games, it's 37 vs 37, not a win for Palace then either.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Btw, when talking with Palace-fans and comparing the two teams, it's good to remember that even if Palace now plays in a better League, they definetely don't have all the "bragging rights" since Brighton still has won more league games against Palace than Palace has (35 vs 32) :) And even when you include the cup games, it's 37 vs 37, not a win for Palace then either.

I'm sure that was comforting you as Gayle put the third goal past Liverpool, when the final whistle confirmed our wins over Chelsea and Everton, and when you conceded the fourth goal to Derby.

The fact is that as a midtable Premier League team, we most certainly have all the bragging rights at the minute.

L

litmanen

I'm sure that was comforting you as Gayle put the third goal past Liverpool, when the final whistle confirmed our wins over Chelsea and Everton, and when you conceded the fourth goal to Derby.

Not as conforting as knowing that next season Brighton will win most of their games again, and Palace will lose more than win once again :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here