Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis voted LMA Premier League Manager of the Year

L

litmanen

The fact is that as a midtable Premier League team, we most certainly have all the bragging rights at the minute.

Oh well if a Palace-fan says that 35 vs 32 does not matter, i guess it doesn't then.....
No, wait...it still does :)

Plus Brighton has bigger crowds =)

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Btw, when talking with Palace-fans and comparing the two teams, it's good to remember that even if Palace now plays in a better League, they definetely don't have all the "bragging rights" since Brighton still has won more league games against Palace than Palace has (35 vs 32) :) And even when you include the cup games, it's 37 vs 37, not a win for Palace then either.

You forgot to mention the Charity Shield 104 years ago.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The fact is that as a midtable Premier League team, we most certainly have all the bragging rights at the minute.

You are, are you? One season mid-table doesn't make you a mid-table team. Given the distance between yourself and the bottom lot, there wasn't a great amount. Next season, you could be at the bottom. Until you've established yourself as hitting mid table a few years in a row, then do you deserve the right to use that term. So far, you're just a premier league team. I won't take that away from you, but hasn't Pulis already spoke about possibly walking away?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Must've imagined the league 1 season and a half under Poyet when this philosophy was installed which moved us up about 20 of the places in the football ladder then - some time before the stadium!

You're absolutely correct. Tony Bloom and his family bankrolled your playing squad some time before your stadium 'generated' the money to do so, which is exactly what I said. Unless of course you truly do believe Withdean attendances and League One prize money did fund the signing of CMS et al?

Dec 3, 2012
Btw, when talking with Palace-fans and comparing the two teams, it's good to remember that even if Palace now plays in a better League, they definetely don't have all the "bragging rights" since Brighton still has won more league games against Palace than Palace has (35 vs 32) :) And even when you include the cup games, it's 37 vs 37, not a win for Palace then either.

I really hope this is tongue in cheek?

Palace have had the bragging rights pretty much exclusively for the last 35 years or so. I'm afraid that's a fact.

L

litmanen

I really hope this is tongue in cheek?

Palace have had the bragging rights pretty much exclusively for the last 35 years or so. I'm afraid that's a fact.

Basically everywhere i read about rivalries, the teams are comparing the number of league matches won.
Sorry to tell you this =) You dont have to appreciate that, if you dont want, but you cant decide on behalf of other people =)

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Basically everywhere i read about rivalries, the teams are comparing the number of league matches won.
Sorry to tell you this =) You dont have to appreciate that, if you dont want, but you cant decide on behalf of other people =)

Fair play. Can't say i'm at all bothered but we'll give you that one.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011

Just how many straws are you actually clutching?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
CMS 2.5 to start. And about the only decent fee we paid out + 1mil for Buckley. Either way we be not chucked a huge amount at it and playing budget isn't as high as ur making out and a lot had been down to our style of football..

All I said was we, like Barcelona, have a playing style philosophy - it s the truth. I've not said anything else about us being like them. I could say Palace have the same club colours as Varcelona - will u get all stroppy about that comment?

Have you enjoyed watching the 'Brighton playing style philosophy' this season? And do you believe it will bring you the promotion you crave next season?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You're absolutely correct. Tony Bloom and his family bankrolled your playing squad some time before your stadium 'generated' the money to do so, which is exactly what I said. Unless of course you truly do believe Withdean attendances and League One prize money did fund the signing of CMS et al?

Focusing on that lg 1 championship - we didn't throw money at it at all. The football was the main thing that got us to where we were. Yes Bloom was funding the fairly small playing budget but the football Style Gus installed was the main reason we were promoted. I think I may know that better than you. End of silly argument.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have you enjoyed watching the 'Brighton playing style philosophy' this season? And do you believe it will bring you the promotion you crave next season?

Promotion we/I crave?! We ve only been in this league 3 yrs. personally I'm quite happy and part of me hates the prem so certainly not craving promotion. In 10 yrs if we've not done it maybe I will a not. We re fine - a club doing consistently well thanks. Yes I've enjoyed our season - style not quite as good as under Poyet but glad to hear from the dev squad manager and the academy director about our philosophy again at a recent meeting. Thanks for asking - maybe concentrate on your club & message board for a bit? One thing this thread proves is all the palace fans on here are very wrong on a lot of facts. It seems to me any snippet of (often false) info that is blown up to show the Albion in a bad light on bbs is take. And used as fact by you lot. You then come in here trying to tell us about our club!

Next you'll be telling me it wasn't the palace coach driver who made the 'mess' in the away changing room last yr...

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Focusing on that lg 1 championship - we didn't throw money at it at all. The football was the main thing that got us to where we were. Yes Bloom was funding the fairly small playing budget but the football Style Gus installed was the main reason we were promoted. I think I may know that better than you. End of silly argument.
Sounds like opinion to me, that you're of course entitled to, but shouldn't pass off as fact. If it is the sheer genius of the playing style over the facilitation of a favourable playing budget, why did this revolutionary realignment of the conceivable parameters of footballing possibilities not dazzle all and sundry in the Championship (as predicted by the perplexing rash of new Brighton fans on the BBS at the time)?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Promotion we/I crave?! We ve only been in this league 3 yrs. personally I'm quite happy and part of me hates the prem so certainly not craving promotion. In 10 yrs if we've not done it maybe I will a not. We re fine - a club doing consistently well thanks. Yes I've enjoyed our season - style not quite as good as under Poyet but glad to hear from the dev squad manager and the academy director about our philosophy again at a recent meeting. Thanks for asking - maybe concentrate on your club & message board for a bit? One thing this thread proves is all the palace fans on here are very wrong on a lot of facts. It seems to me any snippet of (often false) info that is blown up to show the Albion in a bad light on bbs is take. And used as fact by you lot. You then come in here trying to tell us about our club!

Next you'll be telling me it wasn't the palace coach driver who made the 'mess' in the away changing room last yr...

Your magnanimous post deserves credit, and the supporters of CPFC and Derby County respectively thank you, your club, and its managers of the time for their lack of desire in achieving promotion for the time being.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sounds like opinion to me, that you're of course entitled to, but shouldn't pass off as fact. If it is the sheer genius of the playing style over the facilitation of a favourable playing budget, why did this revolutionary realignment of the conceivable parameters of footballing possibilities not dazzle all and sundry in the Championship (as predicted by the perplexing rash of new Brighton fans on the BBS at the time)?

We be had 3 very good seasons in the Championship and have gained a rep as a good passing side. Opposition managers always say this. I didn't say it was 100% down to the style did I - I said the style has helped move us up 35 odd places in the football ladder. There wasn't even an argument to be had - one of your lot said something about the '130 million' which was basically the stadium cost... A stupid spiteful comment and very ill informed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Your magnanimous post deserves credit, and the supporters of CPFC and Derby County respectively thank you, your club, and its managers of the time for their lack of desire in achieving promotion for the time being.

The bit where I said 'personally' obviously didn't register. Honestly I think u need to buy the Croydon Advertiser tomorrow & try really hard to buy a life - Jesus wept you really, really need to.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
The bit where I said 'personally' obviously didn't register. Honestly I think u need to buy the Croydon Advertiser tomorrow & try really hard to buy a life - Jesus wept you really, really need to.

You surely can't take all the credit personally for Brighton's successive failures in the playoffs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here