Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis voted LMA Premier League Manager of the Year

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can only assume the OP started this thread last night to throw salt into fellow fans wounds :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It all makes sense now.

Yeh - Rogers actually won the main award I believe.

Fair play to Pullis, his style isn't football as we know it here at the Albion bit it sure is affective...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yeh - Rogers actually won the main award I believe.

Fair play to Pullis, his style isn't football as we know it here at the Albion bit it sure is affective...

So what is this style of football you seem kean to maintain ?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014

Hmmmm...I highly doubt given the above comment that you have seen much of Palace since Pulis took over. We play nothing like the long ball and Delap style huge throws that he was known for at Stoke. Our game is all about soaking up pressure then breaking on teams at pace. It's some of the most exciting football that I've seen in 17 years as a Palace fan and has just helped deliver us one of the most memorable season's in our history, £74 million in prize money and a chance now to push on and become am established Premier League side for many years to come.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So what is this style of football you seem kean to maintain ?

It's a club philosophy - bit like Barcelona have where it goes right the way through the whole club at every level & age range. It's essentially a lot of emphasis on ball retention & possession. It's great to watch and has seen us shoot up roughly 35-40 places in the football ladder since it came in so seems to work. Whoever the new boss is they will have to maintain & buy into this philosophy and it will hopefully continue to stick with the club (ie one that has a firm reputation now of playing attractive football..) It's not a bad thing to have at a club IMO...

Dec 3, 2012
It's a club philosophy - bit like Barcelona have where it goes right the way through the whole club at every level & age range. It's essentially a lot of emphasis on ball retention & possession. It's great to watch and has seen us shoot up roughly 35-40 places in the football ladder since it came in so seems to work. Whoever the new boss is they will have to maintain & buy into this philosophy and it will hopefully continue to stick with the club (ie one that has a firm reputation now of playing attractive football..) It's not a bad thing to have at a club IMO...

I find it bland. Too slow and deliberate.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

The type of football you describe is the 'FA philosophy' that all clubs use to train kids these days. The reason you have risen 35-40 places in because the penguin has given you £130m + covered all the loses.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I find it bland. Too slow and deliberate.

At times maybe but it's always going to slightly change & there's no way there's a perfect way for any club to play every game. Did u go to many games the yr we won lg 1 ? Some of the best football the Albion will ever play...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The type of football you describe is the 'FA philosophy' that all clubs use to train kids these days. The reason you have risen 35-40 places in because the penguin has given you £130m + covered all the loses.

That is utter shit. Conversation over as if you're unable to hold one without being a complete bell end (on our board) than I'm not interested.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Unlike you lot ripping the heart out of local companies and charities. You have no grounds to come on here preaching, you should be down with Pompey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here