Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis voted LMA Premier League Manager of the Year

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
How is that not Sean Dyche. Even more obvious than Pulis. Tiny budget, small squad, and lost top scorer at start of the season.

Because its like our match day sponsors at the Amex giving MoM awards to whoever scored our one goal, despite how well or badly everyone has played...

lazy, ill-formed and embarrassing.

The clue is in the name of the award?? Premier league manager of the year.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Yep the ground is crap, But at least its got an atmosphere. Hopefully we will hear some plans over the summer regarding the stadium. Sounds like the plan is to extend the Whitehorse road end first to up the capacity before knocking down one of the bigger stands. CPFC2010 have done a grand job, Steve Parish works 18 hours a day for Palace by all accounts, No wandering off around Australia playing cards for him.

Rubbish fan base? Gates have been good and we haven't had the leg up of a new wonky stadium to attract JCLs and locally based fans of big premiership teams.

Keep up the bitterness, Love it! :clap2:

I'm not bitter just feel sorry for you poor Palace wretches who think you are a successful club. You will always be a minor Sarf London outfit.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
He has done quite well for palarse when in came but survival did come with a price.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
He has done quite well for palarse when in came but survival did come with a price.

Prey tell?? is it the £75 million pound prize fund they won or the extra revenue from increased crowds which in turn increases all the other revenues football clubs earn...if that's the price its a good thing no??

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Roberto Martinez for me.

Took over a squad loyal to a manager for a decade who many said had overachieved in that time, and in his first season at the biggest club he's managed got them playing better football, and bought through some excellent talent (did he secretly laugh for weeks after Moyes paid £27m for Fellaini and not even enquire about Barkley?).

So while Pulis turned Palace around, it was Martinez for me who showed ability to take an Everton team built on the pragmatism of Moyes, into a side with a bit of flair, skill and excitement.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Prey tell?? is it the £75 million pound prize fund they won or the extra revenue from increased crowds which in turn increases all the other revenues football clubs earn...if that's the price its a good thing no??

Average home gates of 25,000 not going to go far is it?

Palarse first turned down Pulis demands but then went crawling back when others were turning down the mangers job.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Yep the ground is crap, But at least its got an atmosphere. Hopefully we will hear some plans over the summer regarding the stadium. Sounds like the plan is to extend the Whitehorse road end first to up the capacity before knocking down one of the bigger stands. CPFC2010 have done a grand job, Steve Parish works 18 hours a day for Palace by all accounts, No wandering off around Australia playing cards for him.

Rubbish fan base? Gates have been good and we haven't had the leg up of a new wonky stadium to attract JCLs and locally based fans of big premiership teams.

You haven't lost your stadium either. Yet.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Did it with the worst squad in Premier League history. Amazing.

I don't agree that we had the worst squad in Premiership history. Players like Bolasie, Jedinak, Speroni, Ward etc have all looked like they belong in the Prem, just took a while to adjust and gain some confidence. Plus we bought players of quality like Dann, Ince, Ledley and even likes of Bannan and Jerome that have played in the Prem before and never looked out of place. Then there is Chamakh who is a much better player than he gets credit for. There is no way this squad was worse in terms of ability than the Derby one that went down on 11 points.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How is that not Sean Dyche. Even more obvious than Pulis. Tiny budget, small squad, and lost top scorer at start of the season.

Agreed, suspect he would have won it had he not been ginger. Incredible achievement by Dyche, he had some luck with injuries but hats off to him.

Agreed - Dyche worked a miracle. I wonder how much it would cost us to get him ? I'd sacrifice any signings for the up and coming season if we could get him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I agree about Dyche. But this myth about a small budget gets on my nerves a bit. There budget was about the same as ours and no one ever said we had a small budget (apart from Gus and Oscar)

I guess that depends on what is meant by budget. From a transfer perspective Dyche admitted himself he'd only spent £450k. The wage budget might be a different story.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Please get yourselves a manager with a bit of experience - the Championship is tough to get out of and I don't think Gus or Oscar had the where with all to get you out. They both seemed to lean to heavily towards new signings rather than spending the time with the players you have at your disposal getting the best out of them and instilling belief and fight.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy to see you fail but when all is said and done what is a rivalry if you don't play each other.

And I don't want Palace to have to go down in order to play you again.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I don't agree that we had the worst squad in Premiership history. Players like Bolasie, Jedinak, Speroni, Ward etc have all looked like they belong in the Prem, just took a while to adjust and gain some confidence. Plus we bought players of quality like Dann, Ince, Ledley and even likes of Bannan and Jerome that have played in the Prem before and never looked out of place. Then there is Chamakh who is a much better player than he gets credit for. There is no way this squad was worse in terms of ability than the Derby one that went down on 11 points.

I am sure I read a thread on here a couple of weeks ago where the OP thought that none of the Palace squad would make the Brighton starting 11!!!

But you are right about the players Pulis bought in and as you also say Chamakh, IMO is the most skillful player palace have had since Lombardo, he just seems to make space out of nothing, finds a great pass and is quick thinking.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Did it on the smallest budget too, Well done Tone :clap:

2rh69dt.jpg

Fair play, deserves all the plaudits he gets. However, heard he's been linked to West Ham this morning so that may be a development to keep an eye on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see a thread congratulating your manager on a good job, and all you see is bitterness. Bit weird.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
The bloke has done the unthinkable for me, deserves every bit of praise that he receives. Brighton need to stop going for these delicate foreign managers that are really not up for the fight. I think you should move heaven and earth for Malky Mackay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here