Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminate Ankergrens Contract

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus has let the squad and fans down by retaining their services. We have all suffered enough now. Please get rid.

I've seen some ridiculous posts in my time but this takes the biscuit. Some contracts were extended purely by appearances, which was done by the chairman/football director not Gus. Who would you get in to sit on the bench for 98% of our games?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I've seen some ridiculous posts in my time but this takes the biscuit. Some contracts were extended purely by appearances, which was done by the chairman/football director not Gus. Who would you get in to sit on the bench for 98% of our games?

Kit Kat or Jammie Dodger?

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Lets face it a goalkeeper who is good would want more money and first team football. Where as Casper has accepted being second place to Kusczak, not complained and he made quite a few saves today. I'm sure he just as upset as we are he will move on in summer, but lets not throw away all he has done at this club.
Our club has stepped up a level and left players behind who have been brilliant servants at league 1 level.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Lets face it a goalkeeper who is good would want more money and first team football. Where as Casper has accepted being second place to Kusczak, not complained and he made quite a few saves today. I'm sure he just as upset as we are he will move on in summer, but lets not throw away all he has done at this club.
Our club has stepped up a level and left players behind who have been brilliant servants at league 1 level.

With the combined wages of Brezovan and Ankergren, surely we could get a keeper that doesn't make howlers so frequently?

Mar 30, 2013
just seen the highlights. absolutely disgraceful. i thought he flapped at a cross or something, was not expecting a full on donkey moment ffs

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Jesus wept. Perspective people. He had a great game up to that point. We're in the play offs. PIG is back soon. Calm down on the witch hunt.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm of the opinion that his blunder today has cost him a contract renewal. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he rocks up at Pompey next season after being released.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
With the combined wages of Brezovan and Ankergren, surely we could get a keeper that doesn't make howlers so frequently?

A goalkeeper who doesn't make mistakes? Very rare outside of Prem/Championship and would not likely settle for 2nd fiddle.

Would imagine we will get a young keeper, will still make mistakes but people will forgive him due to age.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
When Kuszczak made the howler at Birmingham, there was no such hysteria such as the rubbish being spouted on this board. Was at the game today and apart from his howler at the end Casper had a very good game and kept us in it. Grow up........

Kuszczak has played all season and made 1 howler,Ankers plays 1 game and ****s up that is the difference it`s not his fault though ,he should not be playing at this level

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A goalkeeper who doesn't make mistakes? Very rare outside of Prem/Championship and would not likely settle for 2nd fiddle.

Would imagine we will get a young keeper, will still make mistakes but people will forgive him due to age.

I didn't say a keeper who makes no mistakes, but one who does so less frequently.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Kuszczak has played all season and made 1 howler,Ankers plays 1 game and ****s up that is the difference it`s not his fault though ,he should not be playing at this level

Ankergren isn't as good as Kuszcak but then in my opinion only the other Kasper is as good as Tomasz.
Ankergren doesn't get much game time and was thrown into a very deep end at forest. He is not good enough for our first team, but id take serious issue with the idea of not being good enough to be our second keeper.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Ankergren isn't as good as Kuszcak but then in my opinion only the other Kasper is as good as Tomasz.
Ankergren doesn't get much game time and was thrown into a very deep end at forest. He is not good enough for our first team, but id take serious issue with the idea of not being good enough to be our second keeper.

If he is not good enough for our first team he should not be playing in it.... my opinion is that he is good enough, the question is do the rest of the team ( and him ) have confidence.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
If he is not good enough for our first team he should not be playing in it.... my opinion is that he is good enough, the question is do the rest of the team ( and him ) have confidence.

Kuszack plays in the first team. Surely he was missing due to illness or injury. Casper made many saves today (7 I think) as well as catching crosses or putting off andy reid through 1 on 1.
As Gus said, We win together or lose together. Blaming a replacement keeper wont change anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here