Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminate Ankergrens Contract

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Completly overboard reactions on here, yes he made an error but no one has died. Made couple of class saves earlier. Draw is good result, of course we could have won it but that's football for you. Of course PiG is our best keeper but to villify him in this anner is completly un acceptable.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Ankregren having a very good game. Hats off

then...

ANYONE would be better than Ankergren.

Brez, youth goalkeeper, goalkeeping coach - ANYBODY

The bloke is a walking disaster, just get him away from our club ASAP.

He clearly made a mistake - who's to say another keeper (Brez I suppose) wouldn't have fluffed it with the other chances Casper dealt well with?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
so you would be happy for him to carry on in goal then???

As a back up keeper, yes. Obviously I want Kuszczak back as soon as possible but Ankergren is capable at this level and doesn't make silly mistakes in every game as some would have you believe today.
As I said he kept 14 clean sheets last season at this level but I've seen several people post that he is non league level which is ridiculously over the top.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
yeah it does make you a disgrace, but not an absolute disgrace cause you aint a pro footballer with thousands of fans relying on you to be in top shape

You registered today just to have a go at Ankergren. Bridge has also been seen with cigarettes. Care to have a go at him also?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
He made some great saves in the first half, but that is his job ffs. Howlers like that are inexcusable when committed on a regular basis.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As a back up keeper, yes. Obviously I want Kuszczak back as soon as possible but Ankergren is capable at this level and doesn't make silly mistakes in every game as some would have you believe today.
As I said he kept 14 clean sheets last season at this level but I've seen several people post that he is non league level which is ridiculously over the top.

When he was playing every game he was a good L1 standard keeper and did us a job in the Championship yes. 14 clean sheets over 40+ league games (and some cup??) is OK even with our good defense that season.

This season when he's played one off games he has looked below his usual L1 standard. The knock even 2-3 years ago was that he can shot stop but shots bounce off him or he flaps at crosses, otherwise he would have been in the Prem. But he's not and never has been consistantly because he's not an all round keeper. He's Champ+ at one thing role and around Blue Square at best for the other. Averages out to a L1 keeper who should hopefully be doing well for one every week next season while Brez or another sits on our bench behind the exceptional PIG

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Dreadful mistake. But then if it hadn't been for his saves earlier in the game, we'd never have been in a position to think about three points.

yes and other seasons you'd have a great point as his shot stopping is above any other Albion keeper in 10 seasons. This year though PIG is at least as good at shot stopping AND can do the rest to an equally high level rather than being google bait!

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove

He's pony, total liability

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
yes and other seasons you'd have a great point as his shot stopping is above any other Albion keeper in 10 seasons. This year though PIG is at least as good at shot stopping AND can do the rest to an equally high level rather than being google bait!

But Kuszscak wasn't well enough to play.. so..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If we don't make the play offs, Ankergren will be no more to blame than:

Kuszczak, who cost us 2 points v birmingham
Ulloa, whose penalty being saved cost us points v Barnsley
CMS missed a lot of chances, including one early in the second half v palace that could have led to us getting something from the game, v millwall at home gifting them a goal, and missed penalty
Barnes sent off twice, as well as his missed penalties and other missed chances
El Abd conceding penalties, losing his man
Orlandi missed chances to extend leads v Bolton and leeds, costing us points

If we don't get into the play offs, it will be all the points dropped over the whole season, not just today's.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There may well be reasonable case for a debate about his place in the squad going forward, but i can only imagine that most of the posts on here are from dickless keyboard warriors who are jealous of the fact that he has made a career as a professional sportsman, something which they couldn't imagine in their wildest bipolar episodes....

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we don't make the play offs, Ankergren will be no more to blame than:

Kuszczak, who cost us 2 points v birmingham
Ulloa, whose penalty being saved cost us points v Barnsley
CMS missed a lot of chances, including one early in the second half v palace that could have led to us getting something from the game, v millwall at home gifting them a goal, and missed penalty
Barnes sent off twice, as well as his missed penalties and other missed chances
El Abd conceding penalties, losing his man
Orlandi missed chances to extend leads v Bolton and leeds, costing us points

If we don't get into the play offs, it will be all the points dropped over the whole season, not just today's.

Agreed. I still think we can do it. As you say everyone makes a mistake. I wish I could edit my post about sacking him but that's passion I guess.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

No ankergren is not capable at this level..... i totally disagree.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
He is crap, get rid.

Ruined a great team effort today.

Tired of his blunders now, can't keep on letting him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here