Terminate Ankergrens Contract

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
A compete liability that breeds fear into the team and fans, offering no real discernible skills to the club in return. Was unsure about him at League 1 level, he's an absolute tragedy in this league.

Opposition teams will be briefed to shoot on site from any distance/position when they see his name on the team sheet, statistically they will be gifted at least one cock-up per game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ankergren and Brezovan aren't very good.
A mistake or 2 guaranteed every game, often costly.

In the ideal world, money no object, it would be great to have a reliable understudy to Kuzschak, but it's not a priority.

When does Ank's contract end?

When does Brez's contract end?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
As a back up keeper, yes. Obviously I want Kuszczak back as soon as possible but Ankergren is capable at this level and doesn't make silly mistakes in every game as some would have you believe today.
As I said he kept 14 clean sheets last season at this level but I've seen several people post that he is non league level which is ridiculously over the top.
agree with this :thumbsup:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Ankergren and Brezovan aren't very good.
A mistake or 2 guaranteed every game, often costly.

In the ideal world, money no object, it would be great to have a reliable understudy to Kuzschak, but it's not a priority.

When does Ank's contract end?

When does Brez's contract end?

I THINK both are out of contract in the summer. And we should have a good understudy in Walton who is apparently a good prospect. Might be a bit young for 2nd keeper at the moment though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I THINK both are out of contract in the summer. And we should have a good understudy in Walton who is apparently a good prospect. Might be a bit young for 2nd keeper at the moment though.

Walton is on the bench for the DS but usually plays in the youth squad , so hardly likely to become number 2 next season.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
As a back up keeper, yes. Obviously I want Kuszczak back as soon as possible but Ankergren is capable at this level and doesn't make silly mistakes in every game as some would have you believe today.
As I said he kept 14 clean sheets last season at this level but I've seen several people post that he is non league level which is ridiculously over the top.

No he's not capable at this level. If he was, then he'd still be at Leeds. He had the same issues there with total lack of concentration. Just ask their fans if you doubt it. You can almost feel the anxiety amongst our fans when he plays. No way he can fill the back 4 with confidence when he is capable of woeful moments of goal keeping that would be unacceptable in any league despite how you try to sugar coat it. That was just pathetic after a Herculean effort by the rest of he team to go 2-1 up.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I hate to agree here because he seems to be a really nice guy and when he's at his best, he's a great keeper. He DID pull off some tremendous saves today, but he's far too prone to lapses in concentration that cost us the game. It's happened too often and I think maybe we should be letting his contract expire in the summer. He had a great season helping us get to the Championship but I just don't think he's played well enough since we've got there to warrant the stripes any more. Sorry Casper :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No he's not capable at this level. If he was, then he'd still be at Leeds. He had the same issues there with total lack of concentration. Just ask their fans if you doubt it. You can almost feel the anxiety amongst our fans when he plays. No way he can fill the back 4 with confidence when he is capable of woeful moments of goal keeping that would be unacceptable in any league despite how you try to sugar coat it. That was just pathetic after a Herculean effort by the rest of he team to go 2-1 up.

Leeds fans think the world of him. Check out their messages to him on Twitter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I disagree, we could have been 2 or 3 down had it not been for his efforts earlier in the match.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we don't make the play offs, Ankergren will be no more to blame than:

Kuszczak, who cost us 2 points v birmingham
Ulloa, whose penalty being saved cost us points v Barnsley
CMS missed a lot of chances, including one early in the second half v palace that could have led to us getting something from the game, v millwall at home gifting them a goal, and missed penalty
Barnes sent off twice, as well as his missed penalties and other missed chances
El Abd conceding penalties, losing his man
Orlandi missed chances to extend leads v Bolton and leeds, costing us points

If we don't get into the play offs, it will be all the points dropped over the whole season, not just today's.

Good post. That's football tho so I won't be blaming anyone individually.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How many moaning to the extreme watched us regularly in the LG 1 championship season where he was very good consistently?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He clearly made a mistake - who's to say another keeper (Brez I suppose) wouldn't have fluffed it with the other chances Casper dealt well with?

Quite. Still, some people on here MUST have a hate figure playing in the 1st Team (especially when we fail to win). Seemingly, them's the rules. :rolleyes:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The problem is a keeper makes a mistake and it invariably ends up with a goal, with the outfield players there's still the chance that they can be repreived by there team mates covering them, it was a good point today and could be vital come the end of the season

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Well, I'm gutted for Casper. He really did keep us in the game today, especially in the first half.

It was a poxy mistake but thankfully it didn't cost us the game. A really superb point given we played without PIG and Jockcutt.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
More than one Leeds fan has asked me how we are still employing ' Calamity Caspar '...voted the worst keeper ever seen in a Leeds shirt.
I don't doubt he is capable of good saves...every professional keeper who has ever played the game can produce good saves. All you want to see are the basics being carried out. Body behind the ball. Not much to ask is it? Apparently yes.
We have two back up keepers that wouldn't get in any other Championship side. Whenever they play, you know that it is just a matter of time until the cock-up.
Gus has let the squad and fans down by retaining their services. We have all suffered enough now. Please get rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports