Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminate Ankergrens Contract

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brian Powney still lives locally!
Casper is a flapper and always has been, he got replaced by Brez last year and really shouldn't have got the gig today. TBH, I think that Kuipers would have been better.

Powney plays outfield these days!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Ridiculous. Were people calling for the same when Koosh made that howler at Birmingham??

No because he's excellent and nobody is perfect but Casper does this EVERY time he looks like he's having a good game. He also can't hold onto crosses or shots.

Brez is not great for this league but is at least an all round keeper not a shot stopper with butter fingers

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No, but this isn't the first time he's cost us points. He's a liability.

He deserved to be sacked for that tbh. Unbelievable considering how many goals he's cost us.

If he threw the ball into his own net five times in a play-off final some people would defend him on here. He is blatantly not good enough for this level. Let him go and find a decent League One side with ambitions of promotion. Top 6 Championship? Pull the other one.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Who exactly do people want as a BACKUP goalkeeper? I'm the first to admit Ankergren is not the best 'keeper in the world but I'm not sure we could get anyone better to essentially warm the bench for 95% of the season

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Who exactly do people want as a BACKUP goalkeeper? I'm the first to admit Ankergren is not the best 'keeper in the world but I'm not sure we could get anyone better to essentially warm the bench for 95% of the season

Brezovan

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He did, but he somehow managed to let the ball roll between his arms and legs and trickle into the goal. Poor, poor goalkeeping at a crucial point in the season, costing us 2 points and a whole place in the table. To think we could have overtaken Forest and now be sitting just behind Palace going into next week. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

He didn't exactly get his body behind it otherwise if his arms missed it it wouldn't have gone through his body. He needed one knee on the ground by the foot of the other leg. In a side-on position.

Mar 30, 2013
ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!! did you know he's smokes fags down george street during the season, if we don't go up this season, he's to blame. Appauling disgrace, pathetic performance

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Anybody else who has 2 arms. I don't even care about hands or legs. Just 2 arms, a body and gloves. Anybody.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
TBF every time he plays at this level he gifts the opponent a goal, it's not really acceptable is it. I'm happy with a point, would have be DELIGHTED with all three. With PIG we would have taken three points, which considering the other results today would have been the win of the season. Time to let Casper go, he's just not up to the top end of the Championship. Anyone who says differently is being kind.

He kept 14 clean sheets last season. Some people have the memory of a goldfish.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

I'm sorry, but in this case even a sunday league keeper should know how to deal with a shot like that. all he had to do was get his body behind the ball and lay on it.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
He should never play for the club again, he is so so bad. I feel for the rest of the team, they must all be absolutely gutted.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!! did you know he's smokes fags down george street during the season, if we don't go up this season, he's to blame. Appauling disgrace, pathetic performance

So do I whenever I'm there!!! Does that make me a disgrace??

Although, today, that save was utter utter shithouse.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dreadful mistake. But then if it hadn't been for his saves earlier in the game, we'd never have been in a position to think about three points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here