Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminate Ankergrens Contract

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
You should have said every game where Albion are under the cosh. Even David Gonzalez would have kept a clean sheet against Newcastle.

Sorry but then remember the Leeds game when he kicked it to their keeper and he was polite enough to return the favor and landed in our area and they scored :facepalm:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry but then remember the Leeds game when he kicked it to their keeper and he was polite enough to return the favor and landed in our area and they scored :facepalm:

I do remember that game. Blaming him for that goal is tenuous as best.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Remember that Portsmouth game where he saved the penalty follow up to keep a clean sheet and helped us win 3 points? Or forest at home last season where they pummelled us for 90 minutes, before we stole a win, thanks to ankergren's clean sheet and buckley's last injury time goal?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My heart dropped when I saw Ankergren in goal and Bridcutt missing, I was out on the lash all day/night yesterday and was aware of the score as the match was going on. After the roasting Ankergren got on here I expected to see some almighty clanger when I finally got round to watching the highlights just now. I'll be honest, it's nowhere near as bad as had been made out on here! Yes he spills it through his legs but it was a fairly powerful strike be Lansbury(?) and it hardly 'crept' over the line! In fact the highlights showed just what an incredible match he had up until that point, surprisingly I think people are bein a little to hard on him!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I said nothing about dropping PIG. Go back, re-read it and then come back and apologise.

Casper made a lot of saves. Look at the stats yesterday, the draw is the right result. It's a shame it was a daisy cutter which beat him and it shouldn't have, but it happened. Much like Kuszczak's mistake at Birmingham cost us 2 points, his contract wasn't under question. One mistake in a 90 minute game and you want him released? Seriously daft.

But very highly rated. Not impressed at all. I said after his performance here for Watford last season he had fluffed the audition, but we signed him and now I think he is only a slight improvement on Brezovan amd Ankergren. Routine save first half which everyone raved about and then picked the ball out of his net three times from three shots in the second half, the first two he certainly should have done better with.

If Greer can be criticised, so can Kuszczak. Not very good.

Ok so you didn't say he should be dropped so sorry for that! However starting a thread 'Kuszczak isn't very good' and posting the above seems to imply to me that your judgement on goalkeepers is severely impaired. Yes Kuszczak made an error for Brums equalizer but he doesn't look like dropping a clanger every time the ball comes near him and has been brilliant since. Agreed Casper played well, for him, yesterday but the saves were pretty routine and the double save only happened because he flapped at the first shot! The mistake was school boy stuff and unfortunately in his position you have to be able to concentrate for 90 mins + not or 89 mins. Will be a good signing for a league one or two team in the summer!

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Remember that Portsmouth game where he saved the penalty follow up to keep a clean sheet and helped us win 3 points? Or forest at home last season where they pummelled us for 90 minutes, before we stole a win, thanks to ankergren's clean sheet and buckley's last injury time goal?

I remember that Smith in the 83 cup final. FFSake, only if he has scored. Is this where it's leading, yesteryears or modern times like today or we going to talk about the past?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe you mix with a circle of friends who agree on everything but it's well known within the Brighton fan base that Casper is worse than worse.

Oh the irony. You are saying all your friends were in agreement then accuse el presidente of hanging out only with people who agree with him. More ironic since he was saying not everyone agreed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

If its the Leeds game last season then kindly state all the facts and mention Greer instructing him to hoof it up field

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember that Smith in the 83 cup final. FFSake, only if he has scored. Is this where it's leading, yesteryears or modern times like today?

El presidente says not everyone was scared when casper was named in the line up and you accuse him of being in a group of people who all agree with each other, I highlight some games where ankergren hasn't made game costing mistakes to counter your accusation that he makes them in every game and you talk about the 83 fa cup final. It's like you are being deliberately obtuse, and I'm starting to feel like I've been hooked by some clever fishing so you're going on my ignore list now.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
You're in the minority club as everyone I spoken to have said the same. Complete clown. If all Brighton fans could vote in a poll then Calamity Anker would win hands down as being utter useless.

When will they stop. It's every game with him and when he's in the line up it's when but not if he makes a mistake.

It's the perfect time as he's worse than useless. I don't want to see his name on the bench let alone the starting 11. When I see or hear his name it makes me crap myself.

I was at the game yesterday and like the others was gutted. But to bombard Casper with all this hate is not the way to go. He made a mistake and lost us 2 points, if it had lost us the game, maybe a different story.

To come away with a point from the leagues most in form team is pretty good. Lets just get behind the players.

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Oh the irony. You are saying all your friends were in agreement then accuse el presidente of hanging out only with people who agree with him. More ironic since he was saying not everyone agreed.

Did I say all my friends? No. I said all the people I spoke with said the same. They said what the Majority were saying.

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
I was at the game yesterday and like the others was gutted. But to bombard Casper with all this hate is not the way to go.

Hate? That's a very strong word to use. I don't like him and am voicing my disapproval of him but using the word 'hate' is going abit to far.

He made a mistake and lost us 2 points, if it had lost us the game, maybe a different story.

It felt like a lose.

To come away with a point from the leagues most in form team is pretty good. Lets just get behind the players.

We should of had all 3 points in the bag but for someones calamity.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So truly embarrassing reactions/opinions on here. Really do worry about some of our fans. Up until his mistake he played well. Bar the mistake (these things happen to the best of keepers let alone a Championship's second choice) I'm sure Gus will be looking at both goals and asking how they were allowed so much time and space, which to me is the bigger problem.

C

CT1

It's not the costly mistakes which make casper a bad keeper because let's face it all goalies do it, but it's the lack of confidence or perhaps capability to deal with crosses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here