Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminate Ankergrens Contract

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Playing one game every few months might be the cause of that. This is the big error in removing Reserve team football in my opinion, it means your back ups aren't getting games. He trains all week etc, but you can't replicate the atmosphere and the intensity of a league match. Reserve team football might not improve anything, but at least it would give him a regular game. As it is, Ankergren hadn't played since January.

I can't be arsed trawling the whole thread, but having a quick scan, I get the general gist from some.

The above sums up a big problem - A lack of regular competitive football for those who are too old to play development squad football. As I understand it, the development squad are allowed to field a number of over age players? (I think?)

As far as I remember, I've seen neither Ankergren or Brez play for the development squad this season? Surely there needs to be a regular rotation of the goalkeepers to assist in keeping them semi sharp - Even if only half a development game.

I appreciate, playing at Lancing in front of about 50 people will never be a substitute for a game of yesterdays atmosphere & importance, but throwing a keeper or for that matter any player, who is rusty of any competitive football is a big ask.

Yesterdays howler was basic stuff & should not have happened. Hopefully won't cost us dear come the end of the season, but suggesting CA should be sacked for gross misconduct is pathetic.

Who remembers Gary Sprake, the old Leeds keeper? He could have been sacked for misconduct about every second week. Somehow, he remained in the Leeds team for years.

Feb 3, 2013
Totally agree as Gus says win as team, lose as a team, draw as a team. Gutted for Casper he looked distrought at end and does not deserve some of the crap written on here by complete idiots!

Gutted for Casper? Seems when ever he plays someone says 'gutted for Casper'. You just know that he can't last an entire game without making a major **** up. Get rid of him and his cousin donkey Brez. Both are worse than garbage.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Totally agree as Gus says win as team, lose as a team, draw as a team. Gutted for Casper he looked distrought at end and does not deserve some of the crap written on here by complete idiots!
Thankfully it is only a handfull of Googlewits. Everybody at the game was gutted to see us drop 2 points but to see some of the vitriolic shit being spouted in this thread is pathetic. It has been mentioned already but how many of the Googlewits have never made a mistake in their line of work? Whether you like Ankergren or not, he is our keeper until TK returns. Gus was disappointed but was clear in his assessment-when outfield players make a mistake it doesn't have the same impact as a goalkeeping error.

7 games to go is not the time to start attacking ANY of our players.

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Thankfully it is only a handfull of Googlewits. Everybody at the game was gutted to see us drop 2 points but to see some of the vitriolic shit being spouted in this thread is pathetic.

You're in the minority club as everyone I spoken to have said the same. Complete clown. If all Brighton fans could vote in a poll then Calamity Anker would win hands down as being utter useless.

goalkeeping error.

When will they stop. It's every game with him and when he's in the line up it's when but not if he makes a mistake.

7 games to go is not the time to start attacking ANY of our players.

It's the perfect time as he's worse than useless. I don't want to see his name on the bench let alone the starting 11. When I see or hear his name it makes me crap myself.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You're in the minority club as everyone I spoken to have said the same. Complete clown. If all Brighton fans could vote in a poll then Calamity Anker would win hands down as being utter useless.

When will they stop. It's every game with him and when he's in the line up it's when but not if he makes a mistake.

It's the perfect time as he's worse than useless. I don't want to see his name on the bench let alone the starting 11. When I see or hear his name it makes me crap myself.
Did you go to the game?
If you did then you will have seen how he kept us in the game until we scored.

If you think now is good time to launch vitriolic attacks on any of our players at this stage of the season then you are a complete idiot.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Bit sad if you crap yourself at the mere mention of a players name perhaps you should wear nappies ..and now I'll add my name to the apparent 'minority' ..calling for the termination of a guys contract and livelihood seems a tad OTT

Happy Easter

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Did you go to the game?
If you did then you will have seen how he kept us in the game until we scored.

If you think now is good time to launch vitriolic attacks on any of our players at this stage of the season then you are a complete idiot.

Yes I did and you're saying Kusack wouldn't have done any better? If he was in goal then we'd have won.

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Bit sad if you crap yourself at the mere mention of a players name perhaps you should wear nappies ..and now I'll add my name to the apparent 'minority' ..calling for the termination of a guys contract and livelihood seems a tad OTT

Happy Easter

Everyone who heard Casper name being in the line up said, god help us. Says alot really.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
One off. Casper then it's every game.

You should have said every game where Albion are under the cosh. Even David Gonzalez would have kept a clean sheet against Newcastle.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This thread is symptomatic of how insane our fans are at times. This is the second time in two weeks we've asked for players to be sacked and to me this is an effing disgrace. I'm not saying they were right in condoning the action, but did you see the Liverpool fans turning on Suarez when he got his massive ban? Or Chelsea on Terry when he got his? Or when Cech makes a mistake? No.

You should be supporting your team at the business end of the season, not kicking them out the door. If Casper's not good enough for Gus, he'll go in the summer. Until then he's a useful back up 'keeper who plays once ever 20 games. If he plays Tuesday if Kuszczak isn't fit, what then? Will the moaners on here boo him and demand his contract ripped up during the game?

I hope Kuszczak is fit but if he isn't, I'd recommend getting behind whoever is in goal in his place and actually support the team for a change. Just a thought, mind.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It's admirable how loyal some people are, but calling a discussion of a player's ability on a forum a "vitriolic attacks on a player" is nothing more than hyperbole. You can't censor negative opinion just because you don't agree with it. And the old chestnut "if you weren't there then your opinion is invalid" doesn't count when anyone can watch 20 minutes of highlight videos, I'd suggest the camera is far better placed than the away fans.

Let people have their opinion without trying your hardest to make them feel like those opinions are worthless.

I hope nobody would boo a goalkeeper, but to pretend it isn't an issue is just unrealistic.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Really, so how did he keep 14 clean sheets last season?

Because Poyet likes to set out the entire team in an overly defensive manner, culminating in a string of games where we struggled to register a shot on goal last season.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's admirable how loyal some people are, but calling a discussion of a player's ability on a forum a "vitriolic attacks on a player" is nothing more than hyperbole. You can't censor negative opinion just because you don't agree with it. And the old chestnut "if you weren't there then your opinion is invalid" doesn't count when anyone can watch 20 minutes of highlight videos, I'd suggest the camera is far better placed than the away fans.

Let people have their opinion without trying your hardest to make them feel like those opinions are worthless.

Agreed. Also, not everyone criticising Ankergren here is asking him to be fired now or saying they wouldn't give him a positive reception if he was to be goalkeeper on Tuesday. People reserve the right to debate and criticise on a web forum (as well as praise when deserved), but to be wholly supportive and encouraging on match day.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
League games you numpty as couldn't give a shit about the cup but as you mentioned the cup then the Arsenal game springs to mind which cost us a nice wind fall for a replay :facepalm:

I'm sure at least some of the 14 games in which he kept clean sheets (ie didn't make a game costing calamitous mistake) were league games (and he played less than 30 games last season).

I'm not arguing he hasn't made costly mistakes, I'm arguing he doesn't do it in every game, your point about arsenal does nothing to counter my example of games in which it hasn't happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here