Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like the Reds are feeling rather blue!!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well at least Swansea and their fans know how to build a decent stadium that doesn't look like it's been made out of odd bits of lego duplo blocks from the outside.

Absolutely, from the photo's I've seen Cardiff's ground looks a bit of a mess on the inside too - I expect "re-branding" the stadium is next on Vincent Tan's to-do list.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Absolutely, from the photo's I've seen Cardiff's ground looks a bit of a mess on the inside too - I expect "re-branding" the stadium is next on Vincent Tan's to-do list.

I've heard this is gonna be their pitch when they get to the Premier League and they're gonna be re-branded Cardiff Cougars
New Cardiff Pitch.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They shouldn't worry, how long is this Tan character going to be involved with the club.....5 years max? The new chairman will come in, change them straight back to blue shirts and be a local hero.

Milk the Malaysians for all they've got, go along with their red shit, then change back again as soon as they buy a NBA franchise. No forward thinking from these Taffs.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
And also if anyone is feeling inclined to put that guy right about Archer, while your there put city gent right about The American express thing.Quite ignoring we have a Brighton man as our owner, There is a world of difference between having dodgy foreign owners and having a foreign company as our SPONSERS!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well at least Swansea and their fans know how to build a decent stadium that doesn't look like it's been made out of odd bits of lego duplo blocks from the outside.

Hmmm. I'm going to go against the grain here then, as having been to matches at both, I marginally prefer Cardiff's place. Possibly down to the overall experience (hot water in the taps, friendly stewards, being treated like adults, the posters in the concourse, and maybe the three points too...) but there was something about the CCS that I definitely think has the edge over the Liberty, which was just dull.

Neither really excites, as they're essentially just flatpacks, and the CCS does look rather like an Ikea from the outside, but Cardiff was definitely better for my money.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you know that the light blue stripes we had a few years back were a mistake and should have been royal blue? Someone from Errea told me that.

Wait until we end up playing in American Express blue next season then....

- - - Updated - - -

Did you know that the light blue stripes we had a few years back were a mistake and should have been royal blue? Someone from Errea told me that.

Wait until we end up playing in American Express blue next season then....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did we play in blue last night, on purpose?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or Pantone307 as it's otherwise known

View attachment 39706

You have to suspect it'll go that way if the sponsorship deal is as rumoured. I can't see them sticking an Amex logo on the shirts and then having the stripes a slightly different colour....at least it's blue, I guess.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In my time we have had 4 homes, been the Shrimps/Dolphins/Seagulls and worn stripes/solid blue/solid white.

It isnt all about what is done but more about how it is done.

I felt desperately sorry for the old Bluebirds fans last night. Giving those scarves away was a massive own goal and you could feel something was wrong from the atmosphere in the ground......and our choosing to wear our home strip just added to the "something not quite right" feeling.

Last edited:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I heard that the new owners wanted the change because red is more successful than blue, so CC are wearing red at the same time that the Premier League and Champions League champions both wear blue.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I heard that the new owners wanted the change because red is more successful than blue, so CC are wearing red at the same time that the Premier League and Champions League champions both wear blue.

Red is more successful because more teams play in it...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I had heard that at the time, but given there was no fuss made by the Club, I assumed it was a myth. That said, I know our local Errea Rep, and he complains about them all the time (whilst stressing how hard they are trying to improve! lol).

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
In my time we have had 4 homes, been the Shrimps/Dolphins/Seagulls and worn stripes/solid blue/solid white.

It isnt all about what is done but more about how it is done.

I felt desperately sorry for the old Bluebirds fans last night. Giving those scarves away was a massive own goal and you could feel something was wrong from the atmosphere in the ground......and our choosing to wear our home strip just added to the "something not quite right" feeling.

And also in mine. HOWEVER, the shrimps badge was the crappy twin towns type one, the dolphins one was a marketing man's attempt to update the image (from the old trin towns type thing) and the only one that has truely been named by the fans and for the fans was the current Seagulls. I think many have also seen the four grounds - unfortunately.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They seem somewhat bitter and seem to have the wrong story with regards to Archer ... we as fans forced him out something they could take onboard for future times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here