Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like the Reds are feeling rather blue!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I understand their strength of feeling. I even hated it when we dumped the stripes back in '79, so I'd go apeshit if we changed to a completely different colour. Not sure it would stop me going or supporting the club though, which is what I guess these new type of owners bank on really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Malaysians Flags dominate our stadium

I know it's a silly little thing, in the whole scheme of things.
After all how many people noticed, there is 10 Malaysian flags & 2 Welsh ones?

I thought that was really poor.

All praise to Tony (again)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tonight, on the way home, my son said to me "we've become a laughing stock haven't we".
That's it for me.

Jnr red obviously didn't appreciate:-

"We're blue and we know we are"

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So short sighted.

Where were they two years ago? I believe they were on the brink of admin and selling all their young stars?

Wow.........and I suspect you don't think these matters are connected?

This is about tradition and identity, about which evidently the new owners do not care a jot.............not the kind of benevolence you would want from new owners.

Notwithstanding the likely thin end of the wedge feeling that Cardiff fans will be feeling about the cynically imposed changes to badge and strip they can also see very clearly the wreckage of clubs who have been reduced to shadows of themselves following the benefits of foreign owners chasing the Premier League dream.

For some no doubt for many Cardiff fans this could be a kind of Bellotti moment................good luck to them.................their "whining" is certainly not dumb.

Er, if you read my post it was about the vitriol about the colour whereas I clearly commented on the concerns about the integrity of the owner. Would I like it if Brighton changed from the stripes again. Of course I wouldn't. I didn't like when it happened before but it wouldn't stop me following the club. They obviously have concerns about the new owners but where is the campaign to replace them?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was surprised at how many Cardiff fans were wearing the free red scarves. There didn't seem to be much protest in my opinion.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Malaysians Flags dominate our stadium

I know it's a silly little thing, in the whole scheme of things.
After all how many people noticed, there is 10 Malaysian flags & 2 Welsh ones?

I thought that was really poor.

All praise to Tony (again)

It's not a 'silly' little thing, it's actually the nub of the matter. The new owners want to sell the club to Malaysians, hence the rebranding, the red shirts, the new badge, the new 'dragons' nickname, etc. They knew that the existing Cardiff fans would pretty much swallow it anyway; sure they'd grizzle but the new owners gambled, correctly, that the existing fans' loyalty could pretty much be taken for granted and the number who'd actually stop supporting the club would be miniscule - especially if they could deliver success on the pitch. Getting Malaysians to support Cardiff though was a harder sell, hence the rebranding to make it more 'accessible' to their own people. C'mon Malaysia, throw away your Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool shirts and support Cardiff. They're your team now - and soon to be in the EPL!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Those quotes were, indeed, desperately sad to read. I feel for the true Bluebirds fans.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Football has changed. End of.
This isn't 1970 it's 2013. Will the objecting 4-5k make any difference? I doubt it. If they want to make a difference then commit to it and DO SOMETHING!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Really, I would be really pissed-off if we changed our colour to red. I was not best pleased when Tight changed it to the wishy-washy light blue for a while, and did not buy the shirt for my sons.

Our original colours were light blue and white stripes.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The extra 20K just seem to be happy clappy types who couldn't give a sh1t.

This quote sums it up for me. I'm afraid it's just indicative of what modern football has become - do what we say, sit down, shut up. It's just the whole attitude in general, that we are customers turning up to watch a pantomime, it's getting less of a culture or a movement and turning into just something you go and watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not a 'silly' little thing, it's actually the nub of the matter. The new owners want to sell the club to Malaysians, hence the rebranding, the red shirts, the new badge, the new 'dragons' nickname, etc. They knew that the existing Cardiff fans would pretty much swallow it anyway; sure they'd grizzle but the new owners gambled, correctly, that the existing fans' loyalty could pretty much be taken for granted and the number who'd actually stop supporting the club would be miniscule - especially if they could deliver success on the pitch. Getting Malaysians to support Cardiff though was a harder sell, hence the rebranding to make it more 'accessible' to their own people. C'mon Malaysia, throw away your Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool shirts and support Cardiff. They're your team now - and soon to be in the EPL!

Poor choice of words. I only noticed because of where I was standing, directly opposite one.

With regards to these Cardiff comments.

Have they been there all season?
Are they just a response to a lose, in a less than convincing run?
Are they because of the freebees and how they were recieved?

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Football has changed. End of.
This isn't 1970 it's 2013. Will the objecting 4-5k make any difference? I doubt it. If they want to make a difference then commit to it and DO SOMETHING!
Indeed, but they're currently top of the Championship and looking nailed-on to be in the top division for the first time since the 1920s or 30s or whenever it was. Like when Pompey were doing well fans get a bit myopic and tend to just embrace the success without asking too many questions or protesting against owners who seem to be delivering. If it all goes tits-up then they might change their tune, but by then of course it will be too late.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

But things do change. When did the Albion become the Seagulls? - they certainly weren't in the late 60's, when I first went to the Goldstone. I don't think they wore stripes thne, either. Isn't it more about everything happening at once and because of the new owners coming in.... which is probably what you are saying anyway!

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here