Looks like the Reds are feeling rather blue!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would feel just as pissed off if TB suddenly insisted we play in red and white stripes, or red and blue stripes, with blue shorts

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Would you give up the Amex, the new training ground, 27k crowds and Spanish Dave for the blue and white stripes?

The colour is just the start though. The Bluebird has already almost vanished, I doubt it will be there next season. Would you give up the Seagull too, all trace of it going from our shirts, stadium, logo, matchday announcer and so on?

The City from their name seems to be going too, the scarves the other night didn't gave the word 'City' on them. Would you give up the name Albion to become the Brighton Dragons? This whole thing could just be a front to have Malaysia FC in the premier league in order to make money (and fame) in Malaysia for Tan and his family. Would you be happy for that to happen to us?

The idea that its a choice between keeping your identity and having success seems a false one to me, there's no reason not to keep them blue, the team is still good, the ground's already built.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Typical of any foreigner always wanting to change things well if ur county is so fuckin wonderful piss off back there

Bloody English eh? See what they've done in parts of Spain? Terrible.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The colour is just the start though. The Bluebird has already almost vanished, I doubt it will be there next season. Would you give up the Seagull too, all trace of it going from our shirts, stadium, logo, matchday announcer and so on?

While I would be very reluctant to give it up, I think it is worth considering that we managed our first 76 years as a club without having a seagull as part of our identity.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Would you give up the Amex, the new training ground, 27k crowds and Spanish Dave for the blue and white stripes?

If the heart was being ripped from the club, then yes that would be a consideration. And if I felt my club had become just a vehicle for a foreigners monetary gain, then yes I'd stop going.

It's disappointing that the Cardiff fans haven't taken more action but it took a long time for ours to mobilise when everything started going pear shaped. We were lucky to have some people who were really on the ball with the legal side of things and also with campaigning.

I, along with some others evidently, think that they are in grave danger of 'doing a Pompey.' Then there will possibly be no more Cardiff City at all. Someone once said 'no more boom and bust.' It would be a good principle for football clubs to adhere to.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

The City from their name seems to be going too, the scarves the other night didn't gave the word 'City' on them. Would you give up the name Albion to become the Brighton Dragons? This whole thing could just be a front to have Malaysia FC in the premier league in order to make money (and fame) in Malaysia for Tan and his family. Would you be happy for that to happen to us?

The idea that its a choice between keeping your identity and having success seems a false one to me, there's no reason not to keep them blue, the team is still good, the ground's already built.
Identity. What do you call Brighton Pier?

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Bloody English eh? See what they've done in parts of Spain? Terrible.

Yes agreed a lot of English have moved to Spain........however from what I can see they have not requested any changes to the Spanish culture, and are not living off the Spanish State!

What I am saying is and believe u me I hate Cardiff with a passion, its awful to have your club colours changed by someone who clearly dose not give a f*** about the club......its all about money.........red shirts/blue seats???????? the guy is a twat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports