Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like the Reds are feeling rather blue!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw this picture on Twitter. It seems plenty of Cardiff supporters are happy to sell their souls.
BDivqOnCQAAp7nN.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I saw this picture on Twitter. It seems plenty of Cardiff supporters are happy to sell their souls.
View attachment 39728

Football fans, mainly the plastic ones, are literally the last people on earth who put up with this shit*

If my mobile phone company were rebranding and asked me to tie a balloon with their new brand on to my phone for a day I'd tell them to f*** off.

*thinking about it fans of shitty manufactured bands like 1D would probably do the deed too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If Spanish Dave had to leave so we keep blue and white, I would reluctantly agree. But agree all the same.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If you see it as just the shirt colour, you're missing the point entirely.
I must be.

They are still Cardiff City FC, they still play in Cardiff, they are still known as the Bluebirds. They now wear red instead of blue :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can only partly see that point of view. I accept it's not just a shirt colour, but Cardiff is to be a club for the Malaysian fans, and for the locals to be ignored. You say the fans are a clubs identity, well Cardiff will have more Malaysian fans that Welsh fans.

That's a joke. You make it sound like the taffs won't get tickets because the ground will be full of Malaysians!! I wouldn't be surprised if Utd have more fans in China than they do in Manchester!

I think he's a good fan. And that all of this is likely to end in trouble for Cardiff.

So for a few years he doesn't wear colours to the game. The malaysians bank role the club and they get to see premiership football for next year and may be the next one after that. They might get relegated and the malaysians sell up and with a few debts no doubt this 'good' fan will get his wish and watch the club in League One in front of 5000 if he's lucky!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So for a few years he doesn't wear colours to the game. The malaysians bank role the club and they get to see premiership football for next year and may be the next one after that. They might get relegated and the malaysians sell up and with a few debts no doubt this 'good' fan will get his wish and watch the club in League One in front of 5000 if he's lucky!

QPR are the next Pompey and Cardiff are the next QPR.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A Cardiff fan:

There are many reasons why we support Cardiff...
by Paul Keevil » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Firstly, as a result of this post, I do not envisage that I will appease all supporters of our great club. But what I do wish to try and do is to bring some understanding of the present situation.

By way of a background I started supporting Cardiff City in 1973. I went down, as a 4 year old with my dad, and when he died (when I was 10) I continued to be taken down to support the club by Steve, my uncle, and Gill Samuel as she now is. I remain very grateful to them both.

I am 43 now and live in Wigan. I am someone who works within the legal profession but I am also someone who provides photographic services to the club I love - as well as the National Newspapers. In short I have witness many bad times and I am enjoying seeing some of the good times.

I mention my background because each of us has one. Each of us has their own seperate reason for supporting Cardiff and, quite often, that reason is totally different to the next person.

There will be those amongst us, perhaps in their 60s or older, who possibly never thought that they would see top flight football again. I have spoken to some of you and some have voiced the opinion that they would support our club irrespective as to what colour we play in but almost all wished to see top flight football before their own passing.

For those, like myself in their 40s, we have seen many bad times. Some prefer to take the historical approach whereas others prefer to take the view that in todays financial climate you either change or fail.

For those younger, you are probably joining our club at an exciting time. You may not have been part of the past but you are most definately part of the future.

For me our history was playing in Blue, the Bluebird, Ninian Park, Division 3 or 4 football and Debt - and realistically I have to ask myself whether that combination actually worked for us? I have to ask whether that is the future that I want for our club and whether I want to sit watching the likes of Tranmere and Bristol Rovers when our friends, down the road, are playing in Europe?

We will always have a history and it will always be one that we can be proud of. Not because we won trophies but because of who we are and what each of us went through on a week by week basis.

The time has come for our club to start taking steps into the big wide world and we need to "release the shackles" and let the club do this. Our club has reached maturity and we need to allow it to stand on its own two feet and reach the playing level that it wants to play at and, at the same time, reach a level of financial security that will ensure continued success. Each of us wants financial security for our own children so why not for the club that we love?

Many many years ago a club was born. Riverside FC played in a chocolate and gold kit and they played local league football. In fact, back then, the club was more of a cricket team than a soccer team. Natural progression saw that this club wanted to better itself and play amongst the elite of the Football League. That happened. The Cricket gave way to football (which was probably contentious in itself). The name changed from Riverside FC to Cardiff City and a new Blue strip was adopted.

That was some change.... Change of Sport.... Change of Name.... and change of Colours......

That was a momentous change in our clubs history and I am sure, at that time, there were people who had similar views as today.

Today we are on the verge of another momentous step. Despite what any of us think our club, like our children, wants to compete at the highest level and none of us, and I do mean none of us, have the right to stand in their way.

The club needs to stand on its feet and if the club believes that it can market itself better by playing in red then we need to let the club do this.

For me, over the years, I have seen the club play in a multitude of colours and therefore "As long as they are called Cardiff City" I am happy with that. Just like our children the club will make mistakes. They will learn from them and only time will tell whether this is a mistake or a major success.

In my opening paragraphs I mentioned that each of us has totally differing views as to why they support Cardiff City and I therefore respect all comments and all opinions. But let us treat Cardiff City as if it were our child and therefore ask ourselves not what is best for us "individually" but what is best for that child which is growing up. If, in years to come, the club is playing in Red and playing in Europe - I will be proud. If the venture failed and we are back to playing in Division 3 I will be equally proud for having the balls to have a go.

Some food for thought

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I love the fact that these two are posted back to back!

A Cardiff fan:

There are many reasons why we support Cardiff...
by Paul Keevil » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Firstly, as a result of this post, I do not envisage that I will appease all supporters of our great club. But what I do wish to try and do is to bring some understanding of the present situation.

By way of a background I started supporting Cardiff City in 1973. I went down, as a 4 year old with my dad, and when he died (when I was 10) I continued to be taken down to support the club by Steve, my uncle, and Gill Samuel as she now is. I remain very grateful to them both.

I am 43 now and live in Wigan. I am someone who works within the legal profession but I am also someone who provides photographic services to the club I love - as well as the National Newspapers. In short I have witness many bad times and I am enjoying seeing some of the good times.

I mention my background because each of us has one. Each of us has their own seperate reason for supporting Cardiff and, quite often, that reason is totally different to the next person.

There will be those amongst us, perhaps in their 60s or older, who possibly never thought that they would see top flight football again. I have spoken to some of you and some have voiced the opinion that they would support our club irrespective as to what colour we play in but almost all wished to see top flight football before their own passing.

For those, like myself in their 40s, we have seen many bad times. Some prefer to take the historical approach whereas others prefer to take the view that in todays financial climate you either change or fail.

For those younger, you are probably joining our club at an exciting time. You may not have been part of the past but you are most definately part of the future.

For me our history was playing in Blue, the Bluebird, Ninian Park, Division 3 or 4 football and Debt - and realistically I have to ask myself whether that combination actually worked for us? I have to ask whether that is the future that I want for our club and whether I want to sit watching the likes of Tranmere and Bristol Rovers when our friends, down the road, are playing in Europe?

We will always have a history and it will always be one that we can be proud of. Not because we won trophies but because of who we are and what each of us went through on a week by week basis.

The time has come for our club to start taking steps into the big wide world and we need to "release the shackles" and let the club do this. Our club has reached maturity and we need to allow it to stand on its own two feet and reach the playing level that it wants to play at and, at the same time, reach a level of financial security that will ensure continued success. Each of us wants financial security for our own children so why not for the club that we love?

Many many years ago a club was born. Riverside FC played in a chocolate and gold kit and they played local league football. In fact, back then, the club was more of a cricket team than a soccer team. Natural progression saw that this club wanted to better itself and play amongst the elite of the Football League. That happened. The Cricket gave way to football (which was probably contentious in itself). The name changed from Riverside FC to Cardiff City and a new Blue strip was adopted.

That was some change.... Change of Sport.... Change of Name.... and change of Colours......

That was a momentous change in our clubs history and I am sure, at that time, there were people who had similar views as today.

Today we are on the verge of another momentous step. Despite what any of us think our club, like our children, wants to compete at the highest level and none of us, and I do mean none of us, have the right to stand in their way.

The club needs to stand on its feet and if the club believes that it can market itself better by playing in red then we need to let the club do this.

For me, over the years, I have seen the club play in a multitude of colours and therefore "As long as they are called Cardiff City" I am happy with that. Just like our children the club will make mistakes. They will learn from them and only time will tell whether this is a mistake or a major success.

In my opening paragraphs I mentioned that each of us has totally differing views as to why they support Cardiff City and I therefore respect all comments and all opinions. But let us treat Cardiff City as if it were our child and therefore ask ourselves not what is best for us "individually" but what is best for that child which is growing up. If, in years to come, the club is playing in Red and playing in Europe - I will be proud. If the venture failed and we are back to playing in Division 3 I will be equally proud for having the balls to have a go.

Some food for thought

Typical of any foreigner always wanting to change things well if ur county is so fuckin wonderful piss off back there

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So they really want a Malaysia FC playing in the Premier League, so they can sell millions of shirts and merchandise in the Far East, as well as making massive money on the overseas pay per view, and subscription TV channels.

The plan is financial genius. The cost is an international franchise club parachuted into Cardiff City's place.

It's not about what colour shirts they play in - that's just the first step.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's a joke. You make it sound like the taffs won't get tickets because the ground will be full of Malaysians!!
Not what I was suggesting, I'm merely talking about how the club is run, and who it is being run for.
I wouldn't be surprised if Utd have more fans in China than they do in Manchester!
Indeed, and if the values of the club changed to reflect that I'm sure there'd be some angry fans in Manchester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here