Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like the Reds are feeling rather blue!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just a quick perusal of a couple of Cardiff message boards and they all seem to be suicidal over the colour of their shirts!!!! It's just a bloody colour. Worry about the source of the money or the reputation of your owner but getting hung up over a colour is dumb.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just a quick perusal of a couple of Cardiff message boards and they all seem to be suicidal over the colour of their shirts!!!! It's just a bloody colour. Worry about the source of the money or the reputation of your owner but getting hung up over a colour is dumb.

I would have thought it's all connected. I have a Cardiff supporting mate who is very worried about the future of the club. Sure the owners are happy while the going is good, but if they sod off all of a sudden....

Says it has taken the shine off what should be a wonderful season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

It's not just a colour. It's part of their heritage. You know the um...BLUEbirds.

Fans need to worry a little when foreigners come in and suddenly start making changes like that. It betrays a lack of understanding of the history of our game and doesn't bode well for the future of that club.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I think them worrying about the color of their shirts is part of them worrying about the owners; it's a symptom rather than the cause. They realise that at the very best the new owners don't 'get' Cardiff, with this talk of fusion of Malayan and Welsh colors and imagery. The Cardiff City don't represent Wales any more that Swansea (Or Newport, or Wrexham) represent Wales - they represent Cardiff.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How do they feel when their ex-players score for another club? Is there a meltdown like there seems to be on here?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Hilarious - they are 5 points clear at the top of the league with top flight football beckoning for the first time in nearly a century and they complain about their shirts being changed... Yeah what a shit time to be supporting Cardiff!!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hilarious - they are 5 points clear at the top of the league with top flight football beckoning for the first time in nearly a century and they complain about their shirts being changed... Yeah what a shit time to be supporting Cardiff!!!

So short sighted.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

REAL supporters understand. Plastics not so much.

Just a thought.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
supaseagull has no clue :-(

No I do...believe me. Cardiff fans were happy for foreign businessmen to come in and turn them into the next Franchise FC just like Pompey.

When they sink without a trace I will wave goodbye to them and will have no sympathy as they have tried to buy success and have gotten themselves into a ludicrous amount of debt by doing so.

They are paying massive wages to sole of their big name players and if they don't go up this year, then they will be faced with Administration over the next couple of years.

They are the epitome of everything we and Swansea are not.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Wow.........and I suspect you don't think these matters are connected?

This is about tradition and identity, about which evidently the new owners do not care a jot.............not the kind of benevolence you would want from new owners.

Notwithstanding the likely thin end of the wedge feeling that Cardiff fans will be feeling about the cynically imposed changes to badge and strip they can also see very clearly the wreckage of clubs who have been reduced to shadows of themselves following the benefits of foreign owners chasing the Premier League dream.

For some no doubt for many Cardiff fans this could be a kind of Bellotti moment................good luck to them.................their "whining" is certainly not dumb.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Really, I would be really pissed-off if we changed our colour to red. I was not best pleased when Tight changed it to the wishy-washy light blue for a while, and did not buy the shirt for my sons.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Clearly you are the type of guy who is happy to prostitute his club for money. I actually feel for the guys, as they have lost ALL of their identity. I did not go to the match, but watching it online, I was shocked how soalless their new ground was compared to Ninnian Park and the atmosphere they created there.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Here's a few quotes from their message board

Someone enlighten me as to why we are playing in Red?

Can someone also confirm the following, we are currently in more debt than ever?

So as I see it, we are drastically being pulled away from not just our own History and traditions but our values as a Welsh Club as well and for what? The offer of premiership football?

The Premier league a great dream for any football fan but one that could have been achieved in a Blue kit.

Malaysians Flags dominate our stadium (Welsh flags put up as an after thought) Dancing dragons at half time, refered to as the dragons instead of Bluebirds in media.

This may sit well with some but not with me. I am ashamed of myself today as a season ticket holder.I accepted it (although swore never to buy any red) I didnt do anything when the news was announced close season.

Nobody forced Tan to buy a football club that historically played in Blue and nickname was the bluebirds. We respected Tan in the summer no protests no calling for his head, shame he hasnt shown the same to City Fans.

The divide amongst City fans is another sign of how football has changed.A truly sad sight, I have no doubts whatsoever some pro-reds will slag off this post rather than debate and the same can be said of any pro-red posts being slagged off by pro blues.
I have absolutely loathed this whole re-brand since day one and wish I had given up my ST at the beginning of the season after going tonight (the only thing that stopped me was the fact the club would not give a refund to 2 other members of my family)...

I apologise for the fella I hit on the head (whoever you are) with my scarf; although I think to get it as far down the stand as I did was a minor miracle

I spoke to a friend underneath the stand tonight before the game and we couldn't believe what we were seeing. We have always prided ourselves on being a set of fans to stick up for our identity and our club, but tonight...it really, really felt as if the club had died. I just felt sad inside and embarrassed. By the time many were waving their scarves in the air as the teams came out I felt so angry I just had to sit down and calm myself.

All I could think of during the game were the times my grandfather used to take me down as a kid and I used to sit in the Grandstand with him and he used to tell me about the players and the club with his arm round me.

That was enough for me. I got up and left. I'm not sure I'll be back again this season...one thing is for sure; I just don't think I can stomach it any further after this.

Of course I always wanted Cardiff to win, but not like this. Not rolling over and selling the soul of the club like this. It's not right. How long do you think the Malaysians have been fans of Cardiff? Do you think they're doing this for the good of the club, or for us as fans? They were looking for a club that they could manipulate and turn into a brand they could sell in their home country. Millionaire owners have been using football clubs as toys for years in Britain, but NONE have ever had the cheek to change the identity of a club to suit their needs. And we're just supposed to take it on the chin and say 'oh well, at least we might actually get to the Prem this season'.

Anyone who attends but is against red is a reluctant red.

If it helps I had my blue scarf, refused the red one and felt gutted to see the amount who happily accepted it.

I even saw one bloke in the Canton after the game trying to fight a bloke who was objecting to the red scarves. His comment was "if you want to support a blue club go and support Newport County".

The extra 20K just seem to be happy clappy types who couldn't give a sh1t.
My 1st game was 1968, when I was seven years old.
Tonight was the worst feeling ever.
I gave my ST back at the start of the season, but relented because of my kids.
Tonight, on the way home, my son said to me "we've become a laughing stock haven't we".
That's it for me.

I was utterly shocked by the number of people clamouring to get a red scarf as I went in. I was staggered by the number of people who then put them round their necks in complete acceptence of the rebrand. My scarf ended up as intended on the pitch, not accompanied by thousands, not even hundreds of others but by a handful.

I wore my blue/white/little bit of yellow scarf I've had since I was 8. I'm 47 now and felt like an away fan.

This club is dying in my eyes with each passing week. I'm still trying to feel the love, putting myself out with a nigh on 80 mile round for all trip home games and more away games than in several years but I'm just not feeling the enthusiasm anymore.

There really are only about 4-5k who feel like this I have to reluctantly agree but we are the minority as there are more people who want to see The Lucky Red Dragons of Cardiff in the premier league than Cardiff City just having a go.

It made me feel unwelcome. At times I felt like an away fan.
Very upsetting. Its gone ladies and gents.

That's exactly how I felt, like an away fan in our own ground. Very depressing sight people like pigs around a trough fighting over free scarves, then walking into the Canton and seeing the Ninian stand a sea of red with just the odd pockets of blue.

I've never been happy with the rebrand but something changed for me tonight, for the first time as a City fan I wasn't even that bothered that we lost. Couldn't concentrate on the game, just kept looking around at all these people with their red scarves.

Congratulation Mr Tan, you've won. I hope you're very happy with yourself.

Sad really.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Haven't they been wearing the red shirt all season?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

It is a shirt time indeed for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here