Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yorkie said:
She is vice chairman and organises the travel.
She is voted in at the AGM. If you don't want her in the Supporters Club then join and vote her out.
She isn't a spokesperson. She has an opinion just like everyone else. Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, just like everyone else.

God, if everyone who voiced an incorrect opinion (as judged by NSC) had to stand down there would not be anyone left. Certainly wouldnt be a need for Falmer then.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
just heard hawsey refer to liz costa's comments that she counldnt care less if we never made the premiership again.

What is the point in building Falmer Stadium then liz?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

She is a dopey cow anyway! Saw her today looking like a f***ing baglady! :lolol:

Lord Bracknell said:
I don't agree that Liz is "exceptionally loyal", if that's supposed to mean that she will never question what's going on. She can be as critical as the rest of us.

In fact, she's the only Albion fan I know who has had the bottle to ask Dick Knight to his face whether Dean Wilkins has what it takes to manage at this level.

No LB that wasn't my interpretation. I was merely talking about her going to lots of games (more than most) and supporting the team as best she can. Being loyal does not mean being unquestioning. Being a sycophant does and I don't think she is one.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I did'nt hear the whole interview but from the snippet I heard on my break at work, it sounded like Liz was saying she would'nt want to see the Albion playing in the premiershit because it's a cold and calculating league to play in. And she'd hate to see the Albion winning every week because that would be boring, Part of the fun of being an Albion fan is not knowing what to expect next.

I wish I could've listened to the whole interview then I might've known what angle she was coming from, Or whether she had just been at the cooking sherry!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
shame on varios - bad fans

British Bulldog said:

I wish I could've listened to the whole interview then I might've known what angle she was coming from, Or whether she had just been at the cooking sherry!

Maybe she'd found one of Leesy's old pipes.....?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ernest said:
Another so called superfan getting too big for their boots

You certainly are.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have it on good authority that LEON KNIGHT is replacing Harty on the phone in, innit.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Bozza said:
Fran Hagarty has expressed the same view, particularly on the mailing list, several times.

I must confess that, despite my utmost respect for Liz and FH, I just don't get it.

As an Albion fan, surely you want the Albion fan to win every game they play in. Assuming that to be the case, the natural conclusion of that happening is the Albion being in the Premiership.

Should the Albion make the Championship play-off finals, would people who express this view about not wanting the Albion to be in the Premiership, be secretly wanting the Albion to lose?

OK Bozza, you've been trying to provoke a reaction from me in a couple of threads, so here it is!

The following comments sum up how I feel and I can see where Liz is coming from:

Dougdeep: “ I think she has a point, the Prem has ruined English football”

Bathseagull (in another thread) “Re Dean Wilkins addressing the travelling fans yesterday: “imagine a prem manager doing something like that? No chance – another example of how great it is to support a club you can actually feel a connection to”

Younger fans wouldn’t be expected to appreciate what it was like before the Premiership came about. Sadly it has accelerated the big clubs getting richer and is prompting the decline of the smaller clubs, which attract local support – people who go because of that fact, not because they feel the need to latch onto a club because it is fashionable or successful. Media exposure compounds this.

I accept that there are many people who choose to support a Premiership team because they want to see the highest standard of football and this will account for the many fans who support teams with which they have no connection e.g Manchester United supporters from all ends of the country and, latterly, Chelsea “fans” who have sprung up from nowhere since their success! Fortunately there is a core of passionate, diehard supporters who do not drift away when their team is not enjoying success or change their allegiance because of it.

I don’t and never have felt the need to latch onto success, but that does NOT mean that I don’t want it for the Albion – of course I do. However, no matter how attractive the football in the Premiership might be I would, personally, be sorry to lose the atmosphere and the ups and downs of being a supporter of a club that has support from those who have not followed the glamour trail. Splendid as grounds such as Old Trafford might be and the “entertainment” – if that’s what watching football is all about (?) then in that respect, it’s more attractive. However, sadly, the bigger a club gets, the more impersonal it becomes. That, together with the inevitable plastic fans and prima donna players would spoil the much of the enjoyment for me.

Yes, it would be great to see the Albion achieve success and reach the Premiership and I would, of course, still watch them (assuming I could still afford the higher cost) but much of what I enjoy in supporting a “smaller” club would be lost.

The fact that the Premiership is not an even playing field, with only about four clubs dominating, has made it even more unpalatable, but that is another story…………

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports