Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

liz costa comments on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just heard hawsey refer to liz costa's comments that she counldnt care less if we never made the premiership again.

What is the point in building Falmer Stadium then liz?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave the Gaffer said:
just heard hawsey refer to liz costa's comments that she counldnt care less if we never made the premiership again.

What is the point in building Falmer Stadium then liz?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your quote is taken out of context.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mr Banana said:
Dave taking a quote out of context?

What an appalling suggestion.

The fact is, I've spoken to people on the inside who have said we DEFINITELY won't get Falmer UNLESS we're in the Premiership (posts shitload of smilies)

Here's one for you.
:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: liz costa comments on the radio

Nemesis said:
What did she say-I never heard it/read it?

It was read out on SCR.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It was similar to what DTG said but he is inferring that she doesn't care and that building Falmer is a waste of time if we don't get to the top flight.
I've been supporting the Albion for 45 years and we've only been in the top flight for 4 of them but it doesn't stop me going to matches.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I don't think DTG misquoted the fair Liz. She said quite clearly that she does not want the Albion in the Premiership because that would ruin us as we would lose the community nature of the club. She also said that we should never have a foriegn Chairman or takeover even if they had loads of dosh as that is what has ruined football.

She also said she would not come to another match if we resigned a certain Leon Knight.

More on Harty's phone in I suspect

Yorkie said:
It was similar to what DTG said but he is inferring that she doesn't care and that building Falmer is a waste of time if we don't get to the top flight.
I've been supporting the Albion for 45 years and we've only been in the top flight for 4 of them but it doesn't stop me going to matches.

We HAVE to aim for the top flight, not much point in settling for mediocrity.

The Oldman said:
I don't think DTG misquoted the fair Liz. She said quite clearly that she does not want the Albion in the Premiership because that would ruin us as we would lose the community nature of the club. She also said that we should never have a foriegn Chairman or takeover even if they had loads of dosh as that is what has ruined football.

She also said she would not come to another match if we resigned a certain Leon Knight.

More on Harty's phone in I suspect

Thanks for that.

Time for Liz to step down if that's her ambition for the club. Great timing Liz:dunce:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Liz Costa's most stupid comment ever was to suggest that the people who stopped the Brighton v York game in 1995/96 were NOT Albion fans.

:dunce:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nemesis said:
Thanks for that.

Time for Liz to step down if that's her ambition for the club. Great timing Liz:dunce:

Step down from what?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
She is vice chairman and organises the travel.
She is voted in at the AGM. If you don't want her in the Supporters Club then join and vote her out.
She isn't a spokesperson. She has an opinion just like everyone else. Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, just like everyone else.

Yorkie said:
She is vice chairman and organises the travel.
She is voted in at the AGM. If you don't want her in the Supporters Club then join and vote her out.
She isn't a spokesperson. She has an opinion just like everyone else. Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, just like everyone else.

I just want her to think about what she says at this important time for the club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nemesis said:

I just want her to think about what she says at this important time for the club.

Like other fans who contact SCR or post on Nsc eh? :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nemesis said:
They don't have the same "public profile" as Liz do they?

Like Dave the Gaffer for instance?

The point I picked him up on, is that Falmer depends purely on planning law not what League we are in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fran Hagarty has expressed the same view, particularly on the mailing list, several times.

I must confess that, despite my utmost respect for Liz and FH, I just don't get it.

As an Albion fan, surely you want the Albion fan to win every game they play in. Assuming that to be the case, the natural conclusion of that happening is the Albion being in the Premiership.

Should the Albion make the Championship play-off finals, would people who express this view about not wanting the Albion to be in the Premiership, be secretly wanting the Albion to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here