Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

liz costa comments on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Has anyone got access to a verbatim transcript of exactly who said what to who in this alledged interview... otherwise this very sightly mildly entertaining series of she said... he said... you said could go on for ever......

I assume this is not the peak of anyone's ambitions...

2003081701410925.jpg

Instead anyone fancy one of these...

falmer-night-web.jpg

If we were in the Prem I would resent paying £60 a ticket so that players could earn in a week what I earn in a year, even if they were wearing stripes. Such excessive rewards have tarnished what used to be called the People's Game.

Floundering in the third flight allows me to skip these tricky moral questions about the apex of the professional game. In that sense I back Liz C. A roof would be nice though.

Or you could call me a cheapskate!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I caught the train back from London tonight and it was full of Arsenal fans with their flags and Gunners bags, bursting at the seams with Top trumps, the latest scarf, board games, shirts and so on.

What I love about football is that the sweet moments are made all the sweeter with those moments of despair. I wouldn't want to fork out £60 to keep Ronaldo in Versace jeans or give Rio a new speaker system in his Bentley. That isn't what football is about, for me. Obviously, I may feel very differently if we were to flirt with the Premiership and have a chance to play the big boys and cause a few upsets on the way.

What I really want is a few pints in Hove and wander along to the assorted cow sheds on the Old Shoreham Road. A sudden rush of bodies when one of the local heroes scores a winner or an 8 goal thriller with drama throughout the 90 minutes. I don't want contract rebels who hold out for an extra £10k a week or a chairman picking the team.

At the end of the day, I am happy seeing the boys run out, in blue and white, and have that feeling of uncertainty, unsure as to how the afternoon will pan out.

I want Falmer and I want it now. But for me, the Premiership is not the be all and end all. If it was, then I would have deserted the club a long time ago.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Barrel of Fun said:
I caught the train back from London tonight and it was full of Arsenal fans with their flags and Gunners bags, bursting at the seams with Top trumps, the latest scarf, board games, shirts and so on.

What I love about football is that the sweet moments are made all the sweeter with those moments of despair. I wouldn't want to fork out £60 to keep Ronaldo in Versace jeans or give Rio a new speaker system in his Bentley. That isn't what football is about, for me. Obviously, I may feel very differently if we were to flirt with the Premiership and have a chance to play the big boys and cause a few upsets on the way.

What I really want is a few pints in Hove and wander along to the assorted cow sheds on the Old Shoreham Road. A sudden rush of bodies when one of the local heroes scores a winner or an 8 goal thriller with drama throughout the 90 minutes. I don't want contract rebels who hold out for an extra £10k a week or a chairman picking the team.

At the end of the day, I am happy seeing the boys run out, in blue and white, and have that feeling of uncertainty, unsure as to how the afternoon will pan out.

I want Falmer and I want it now. But for me, the Premiership is not the be all and end all. If it was, then I would have deserted the club a long time ago.

Sounds like a bad case of...
http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96521

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here