Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Rules

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
My money has been handed over under FALSE PRETENCES. When I first visited regarding the 1901 seats etc I was wearing a polo shirt, jeans and smart trainers. I asked if this was ok attire and I was told "YES". At the time I was with my bother who was also wearing jeans and trainers. At the Open Day the other Sunday I wore a Hollister hoop polo, jeans and converse. I asked the question again and was told "YES". Just to be sure of the detail I pointed to my brother who was wearing a seagulls logo'd polo shirt, jeans and well-worn White trainers. The guide said "YES" but stated that the logo was a bit big!!!!! I then specifically asked about replica shirts to be sure. He said that they couldn't be worn in the lounge unless they were covered up. To be fair he pointed out that Tony Bloom ("after all he's put a lot of money into this and wants a certain standard to be upheld in 1901. He's the boss and what he says goes. Fair enough eh?") expects 1901 to be a classy look and feel. I do not have a replica shirt and now will NEVER buy one. In fact they won't get any cash from me for clothing. I will stick to wearing Hollister gear so it subtly has a seagull but will also be wearing smart trainers or converse. I am absolutely disgusted by the clubs attitude to this. It's not the deal I signed up for.

No Addidas Superstars was the man's verdict! Will have to go and buy some all balck Air Max instead then!

Probably will need to get the new Albion polo from the shop as that has 1901 on it so must be OK??!! :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All the 'rules' just been confirmed in my shiny 2011/12 Handbook that just arrived.

In addition it explains the ticket transfer/fan portal which seems to allow the recipient of the exchange to print out a ticket to use for admission, thus blocking the smartcard for the game in question. It doesn't invlove a financial transfer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All the 'rules' just been confirmed in my shiny 2011/12 Handbook that just arrived.

Better polish your shoes and press your shirt then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have also received my pack and parking vouchers. Would I be right in assuming the Spurs game parking voucher will be the extra match voucher one?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
My first parking ticket has Tottenham printed on it.

Just to settle any queries on the parking season tickets, my season wasn't included in the 1901 pack I got this morning. I phoned up a few minutes ago and apparently only parking seasons for those people who got one as part of the deal, i.e. 4 gold seats or 2 platinum, have received their seasons parking. Those of us who paid £360 a few days ago will receive them seperately next week in the post.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
First pic - 1901 attire rule would not have been a problem.
Second Pic - Times have changed therefore attire rule is a problem.
Third pic - possible outcome !!! haha

Attachments

• bha.bmp
    147.2 KB · Views: 482
  • bha20.bmp
    35.9 KB · Views: 484
  • 1901.bmp
    147.8 KB · Views: 478

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bearing this in mind do you think the club might make allowances if I'm inappropriately dressed? Hoping so

If you're having a five knuckle shuffle, I doubt they'll notice your Roms :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do NOT expect to be told what I can and cannot wear,

Maybe you have purchased the wrong seat? As long as you look as though you have made an effort I'm sure you'll be fine. Anything less and I'll be forced to report you to the nearest steward.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My money has been handed over under FALSE PRETENCES. When I first visited regarding the 1901 seats etc I was wearing a polo shirt, jeans and smart trainers. I asked if this was ok attire and I was told "YES". At the time I was with my bother who was also wearing jeans and trainers. At the Open Day the other Sunday I wore a Hollister hoop polo, jeans and converse. I asked the question again and was told "YES". Just to be sure of the detail I pointed to my brother who was wearing a seagulls logo'd polo shirt, jeans and well-worn White trainers. The guide said "YES" but stated that the logo was a bit big!!!!! I then specifically asked about replica shirts to be sure. He said that they couldn't be worn in the lounge unless they were covered up. To be fair he pointed out that Tony Bloom ("after all he's put a lot of money into this and wants a certain standard to be upheld in 1901. He's the boss and what he says goes. Fair enough eh?") expects 1901 to be a classy look and feel. I do not have a replica shirt and now will NEVER buy one. In fact they won't get any cash from me for clothing. I will stick to wearing Hollister gear so it subtly has a seagull but will also be wearing smart trainers or converse. I am absolutely disgusted by the clubs attitude to this. It's not the deal I signed up for.

So, Mr Bloom builds a stadium which was beyond our wildest dreams, gives it a finish which is comparable to the best stadia in the country and buys the players to match. And your brother returns the favour by bowling up in "well worn white trainers". I bet Mr Bloom wonders why he bothered at times.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
So, Mr Bloom builds a stadium which was beyond our wildest dreams, gives it a finish which is comparable to the best stadia in the country and buys the players to match. And your brother returns the favour by bowling up in "well worn white trainers". I bet Mr Bloom wonders why he bothered at times.

Yeah I bet he wonders why he employs lying employees that misrepresent him at every opportunity. That day my brother had run a 10k for charity and his feet were not in the best of conditions so he wore these for comfort. He was not expecting them to meet the "dres code" but I asked to get clarity between the trainers we had worn when they sold us out seats and the converse I was wearing on the open day. The person representing Tony BLoom clearly was bullshitting. I fully respect what Mr Bloom is trying to achieve but please be up front with it rather than take my money and then change the rules.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I cannot understand the problem here. As others have mentioned it is more of a Corporate club than a standard seat, which if I had purchased a ticket would expect some form of dress code, as surely that is what exclusivity is all about. All you need as someone said is nice jeans, decent polo and shoes and your in, I think it will give the club a good look if I am honest.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I cannot understand the problem here. As others have mentioned it is more of a Corporate club than a standard seat, which if I had purchased a ticket would expect some form of dress code, as surely that is what exclusivity is all about. All you need as someone said is nice jeans, decent polo and shoes and your in, I think it will give the club a good look if I am honest.

Exactly. But when I checked the footwear I was told that trainers I was wearing were ok and then the second time that the converse I was wearing are ok. They are smart and only used for "going out". But the rules say No sports shoes. It's ok if I wear my chinos and grubby walking boots though!!!!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Yeah I bet he wonders why he employs lying employees that misrepresent him at every opportunity. That day my brother had run a 10k for charity and his feet were not in the best of conditions so he wore these for comfort. He was not expecting them to meet the "dres code" but I asked to get clarity between the trainers we had worn when they sold us out seats and the converse I was wearing on the open day. The person representing Tony BLoom clearly was bullshitting. I fully respect what Mr Bloom is trying to achieve but please be up front with it rather than take my money and then change the rules.

In retrospect, maybe Andy Naylor has a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here