Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Rules

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I am thinking will we be re-located or banned !!

seems to me a can of worms has been opened....Me i'll wear what they said orininally smart -casual.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can see a revolt if they try and implement the rules to the letter, but will the club cave in or will they fight it? Only 8 days to go and we'll know. I don't think I've ever been to a football match anything but scruffy, I don't mind dressing up a bit but I'm not going dressed for a cocktail party.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the end though, the 1901'ers who want to be able to wear the stripes will win out. The club can't afford to do otherwise. First blip in form and the corporates will desert in droves, leaving the core Albion support 1901'ers - who will then be able to dictate terms.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My prediction - wear what you like, nothing will happen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. First blip in form and the corporates will desert in droves

I'm not sure the people you are talking about give a monkey's about the football, it's a free meal and drinks in nice surroundings, I wouldn't bet on them not going because the football's no good.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
At the 1901 familiarisation day many people turned up in replica shirts, trainers, t shirts and i didnt see anyone from the club mentioning it being inappropriate, so have they lost the battle already?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Were the rules re. replica shirts known at time of signing up for your 1901 seats?

If there were, then it's clear.

If they weren't then I really can't see how the club can enforce them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure the people you are talking about give a monkey's about the football, it's a free meal and drinks in nice surroundings, I wouldn't bet on them not going because the football's no good.

It's not free though, is it. They pay more than the rest of us. And, with the core honourable exceptions, they'll bugger off again anytime they fancy.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I am thinking will we be re-located or banned !!

seems to me a can of worms has been opened....Me i'll wear what they said orininally smart -casual.

This particular can of worms was opened ages ago.

The club has taken this stance for quite a while, and seems to be unmoved on it.

As it happens, although I take the proverbial piss out of the prawnies for a bit of banter, especially mods with long legs, I believe that you should wear what you like, within reason reason obviously, as anyone else in the ground ( sorry, stadium if you're 1901 ), on matchdays.

If you're there networking / business / selling your bum for a fiver, then you'll dress accordingly.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Smart jeans are open to interpretation, people will push the rules here. Won't be long before 1901ers are turning up in a wifebeater, tracksuit bottoms and flip-flops.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Not sure why everyone seems to be jumping up and down and this late stage. I thought when the 1901 was first drawn up, that the club were going to stick to this rule. I thought everyone knew that...didn't they.
We had a huge discussion on here last year or even the 2009 about this. That was one of reasons a huge chunk of season long fans decided to give it a wide berth because of the dress code and the zero torrerance of bad language (ok that's two reasons)

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I've done corporate at grounds in the Premier League and the stewards et all didn't care that half the people in there were wearing trainers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cheers me old Roaster, I will wear my open bottom trousers then.

The club has taken this stance for quite a while, and seems to be unmoved on it.

As it happens, although I take the proverbial piss out of the prawnies for a bit of banter, especially mods with long legs, I believe that you should wear what you like, within reason reason obviously, as anyone else in the ground ( sorry, stadium if you're 1901 ), on matchdays.

If you're there networking / business / selling your bum for a fiver, then you'll dress accordingly.

I'm not unlucky enough to be in the 1901 gang, but was fortunate enough to visit club wembley for an FA cup semi final this year. Same idea - posh middle terrace with own access, posh bars, seafood and a £9 hotdog. Tickets clearly said no colours. I was a neutral so didn't both me, but I would suggest that 25% + were wearing colours and nobody cared less.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Errrrrrrr, this! Oh, & could the Rebel 1901'ers let us know what time they're planning on attempting to gain entry to the ground next Saturday - as the ensuing action is likely to be far more entertaining than the match, if 'truth be told. Thanking y'all kindly. :thumbsup:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
My prediction - wear what you like, nothing will happen.

You hope.

Keep saying and you will convince yourself.

Whether you will get into the 1901 is another matter.
Over the course of the season they may relax a little, but first game they will want to be seen they will keep the standards up.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
The obvious question is why risk it for the 1st match? A monumental match in our history. Guess it's the principle ???

Last edited:

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
The 1901 Club is akin joining the Freemasons.
No disclosure to non members regarding attire and once 'yer in, covert handshakes and rolling up the trouser legs of your non jeans.
Oh, and port must be passed from right to left and there's that song we all have to sing at half time....................
Sorry, I can't divulge any more details otherwise it's just away games for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here