Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Rules

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
An Englishman, an Irishman, a Scotsman, a Welshman, an American, a Dutchman, a Frenchman, a German, a Portuguese, a South African, a Canadian, an Austrian, a Croatian, an Australian, a Chinaman, a Japanese, a New Zealander, a Fijian, an Indonesian, a Russian, a Ukrainian, a Georgian, a Latvian, a Filipino, a Samoan, a Namibian, a Congolese, an Algerian, a Sudanese, a Kenyan, a Moroccan, a Belgian, an Italian, an Ecuadorian, a Colombian, a Brazilian, an Argentinian, a Chilean, a Venezuelan and a Mexican turned up at the 1901 Club one day to watch a match.

"Sorry folks", said the steward on the door. "I can't let you in without a Thai".

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Away shirts ok?

That's the bit the license is clear on, 'no away colours', but at no point does it mention T Shirts, or home replica shirts.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Now I have to wear a shirt with a collar. My new home shirt has a collar.

But no replica shirts allowed... It's like trying to chose between organic and fair trade. How can I cope??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I for one will be ignoring this completely and I'm pretty sure others will too. There is no way the club will make a big deal of this.

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
I for one will be ignoring this completely and I'm pretty sure others will too. There is no way the club will make a big deal of this.

I'm with you. if people want to wear shirt and tie to a football match they are more than welcome to. I have to wear all that crap during the week, I wont be doing it to watch a football match! We were clearly told during the 1901 presentations that the dress code would be voted on by the membership. I don't remember being asked to vote on this, so it's not valid.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As I have said earlier, I quite like dress codes, I'll stick and buy some new shirts if need be.

Part of me thinks that the rules are there to throw at people who take the piss. I'm sure if I turned up in my fitted jeans, pointy shoes and a nice t-shirt I'll be fine. If the jeans are the wrong cut and my shoes are a bit too casual I'll expect the t-shirt to become an 'issue.'

Really ? You don't think the person that is getting refused will simply point at you and say "he's got a t-shirt on".

"Yes - but look at the point on his shoes".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I think I understood the point about no football shirts, trainers etc but I'm now worried that they might take exception to my Albion scarf and bobble hat! Looks like there will be a lot of naked men and women at the first match if they come wrongly attired.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really ? You don't think the person that is getting refused will simply point at you and say "he's got a t-shirt on".

"Yes - but look at the point on his shoes".

Why not?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think I understood the point about no football shirts, trainers etc but I'm now worried that they might take exception to my Albion scarf and bobble hat! Looks like there will be a lot of naked men and women at the first match if they come wrongly attired.

didnt load of Dutch supporters watch a World Cup game in their pants as they all turned up wearing orange shorts with a small sponsor's logo?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's the bit the license is clear on, 'no away colours', but at no point does it mention T Shirts, or home replica shirts.

Come on Phil, cards on the table, you've been studiously neutral all the way through this thread. Are you pissed off about it or not? You're allowed to have an opinion y'know. Unless that's in the 1901'ers small print also.

I suspect you are, mate. and rightly so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here