1901 Club Rules

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have also received my pack and parking vouchers. Would I be right in assuming the Spurs game parking voucher will be the extra match voucher one?

What are the rules on 1901 parking? No pre 59 plates and absolutely no Vauxhalls or Fords?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
My Robin Reliant will be allowed then!! After all it is my corporate car. But will they start to say that only vehicles that have 4 wheels are allowed now even though when I showed Tony he seemed impressed with it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My Robin Reliant will be allowed then!! After all it is my corporate car. But will they start to say that only vehicles that have 4 wheels are allowed now even though when I showed Tony he seemed impressed with it?

I think Del boy would have squeezed through on the smart casual look.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Yeah but it's Rodney and Grandad I'm worried about. Plimsoles and a Parka......And if Gramps passes the grubby beard check by the doormen how long will it be before he is chucked out of the lounge because his medals are not polished enough or because of his stories of the war he is evicted for encouraging violence.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We make the Standards and we make the rules
And if you don't abide by them you must be a fool

True in '77 & still true today

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
One Question......If you bought a business class ticket on an aircraft...would you wear your football shirt?.........the answer would probably be no in most cases.......
Like an airline, the club is trying to add a bit of class. Maybe the wrong comparison, but I think you know what I am trying to say.

I am 100% behind this ruling.....(I'm not a 1901 member of course, as i like to wear my shirt to the footie)

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Whilst I do have a bit of sympathy for anyone wanting to wear a replica top in 1901, what I don't understand is why not being able to do so has come as such a surprise. The reason my group decided against 1901 membership was all the rules and regs, and in our eyes, the moving away from the football experience we wanted.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
But you ARE allowed to wear a replica shirt it just needs to be covered up for the lounges according to Paul Rogers' colleague.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But you ARE allowed to wear a replica shirt it just needs to be covered up for the lounges according to Paul Rogers' colleague.

Have you received and read your rules handbook?

It states the dress code covers the whole of the 1901 area. I'm not saying they won't be lax come the day, but they do have the 'rules' on their side.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Exactly. That is why I dontunderstand why we were told otherwise. I don't own a replica shirt but I know others in 1901 who do so that is why I asked the question! Another " untruth" on the open day. The rules would have been agreed and printed by then so why contradict them?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Exactly. That is why I dontunderstand why we were told otherwise. I don't own a replica shirt but I know others in 1901 who do so that is why I asked the question! Another " untruth" on the open day. The rules would have been agreed and printed by then so why contradict them?

It will be interesting to see who turns up wearing what on the day!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
The club is clearly relying on the usual bottlers to fall into Line and go quietly.
I will be wearing exactly what I did on the open day. If I am refused entry I will ask to see someone in charge and ask them to explain why seeing as I have already had it confirmed by the club that what I was wearing is appropriate for the 1901 areas. I can't see that that will happen as they are not going to employ fashion police. If they do I will ask them to explain which sports my footwear are designed for. Come to think of it what do you do if you turn up in golf shoes???

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
1901 Club Pack

The 1901 Club pack will include 1901 Club Membership Smartcard/s, parking passes or travel vouchers, lanyards and 1901 handbook which includes dress codes and travel information.

Dress Code

The dress code in each lounge will be smart casual.

Acceptable: Business attire, smart jeans, casual collared shirts. Tie and jacket are optional.

Not acceptable: T-shirts, shorts, sport shoes or sports clothing, including replica shirts.

The 1901 Club reserves the right to refuse admission to any person not appropriately attired.

Anyone not networking will be forceably removed.

Smiling banned?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I think I understood the point about no football shirts, trainers etc but I'm now worried that they might take exception to my Albion scarf and bobble hat! Looks like there will be a lot of naked men and women at the first match if they come wrongly attired.

Enjoy your 1901 experience, just above you in West Stand Upper we'll be having a ball in OUR colours

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
The club is clearly relying on the usual bottlers to fall into Line and go quietly.
I will be wearing exactly what I did on the open day. If I am refused entry I will ask to see someone in charge and ask them to explain why seeing as I have already had it confirmed by the club that what I was wearing is appropriate for the 1901 areas. I can't see that that will happen as they are not going to employ fashion police. If they do I will ask them to explain which sports my footwear are designed for. Come to think of it what do you do if you turn up in golf shoes???

What will the players wear on the pitch....Gucci's ?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

The question is "why introduce a special one-off commemorative shirt for the Spurs game and then tell you that you can't wear it". Absolute bonkers :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports