Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I imagine this will be taken down soon

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well very similar incident happened at Brentford game vs Leyton Orient yesterday I think.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
The ball boy is on twitter and tweeted this 4 hours ago

The king of all ball boys is back making his final appearance #needed #for #timewasting

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Hazard was out of order as thee ball boy was just trying to buy his club some time but I also think the ball boy was unsporting & will be given his marching orders.

I remember a game in the late 80's against man city at the goldstone when we were 2.1 & the ball went out of play towards ted streeter & he back headered it into the crowd & I think he got the sack because of it

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hazard is going to get in a LOT of trouble for this.
Didn't mean to kick the kid, but he still did. Violent conduct, red card is justified. That won't be the only action taken either I'm sure.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I'm sorry but that was never a red, should be over-turned, Swansea should be fined and the ball boy banned.

That boy has milked it to another level, to then praise him is continuing the cycle that 'making the most of contact' and 'timewasting' is a good thing in football. It's everything wrong in football.

And to anyone that says he kicked him in the ribs, please get your vision checked. He kicks a ball.

No, I'm not having that. Disgraceful from the ball boy, disgraceful from the ref.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was violent conduct. It doesn't matter who you are violent against. If a fan runs towards you on the pitch and you trip them up you would get sent off. Hence why he was gone. It is we deserved.
Of course we all agree it doesn't matter who you are violent to, but it's clear he wasn't violent to anyone.

Can't believe those defending Hazard. Stupid, stupid thing to do. If a player did that Sat/Sunday league they would be banned for life.
Banned for kicking the ball?

Does some on here forget our tactics at Withdean ?
Ball boy quickly grabs the ball, and hands it to opponents to take a quick throw-in and score before our defenders have caught up with play, if memory serves. I certainly don't remember one of our ball boys trying to hatch a ball.

I think he was, maybe not as hard as he made out but he was.
He wasn't. He was cheating from the start (that much is obvious) and he's eventually holding the other side of his body, not the side that he pretended was kicked.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hazard was out of order as thee ball boy was just trying to buy his club some time but I also think the ball boy was unsporting & will be given his marching orders.

I remember a game in the late 80's against man city at the goldstone when we were 2.1 & the ball went out of play towards ted streeter & he back headered it into the crowd & I think he got the sack because of it

Think you'll find that was Keith cuss not dear old Ted

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Red card justified for me.

Yes the ballboy was being a monumental idiot who will probably be sacked anyway, but Hazard didn't need to go and kick the ball from underneath him, out of frustration I think. He didn't need to do it and the ref obviously thought it was worse than it was.

Play-acting like that, him and Zaha would make a great double act. Also, doesn't that ballboy look a lot like Craig Noone ?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'm struggling to see how you people are defending Hazard. Watch the video, doesn't matter what the lad was doing, you can't go and boot him and then be shocked at being sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here