Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea V Chelsea

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hilarious. Kicking a ball out from underneath a 13 year old in front of 30,000 people and a tv audience is never going to go well is it.
Cue cringeworthy publicity picture in the sun of the two smiling together about it as hazard makes a very public goodwill gesture to make up for it.

Exactly what I said when it happened.

Hazard has been enough of an idiot to do that, he deserves to feel the repercussions, regardless of how much a "little prick" this kid has been. He showed how stupid he really is when he played in France, and tonight he showed that hasn't changed one iota since he moved to England.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can't believe some posters here. If your kid did something like that and a grown man went to kick him you would have a different reaction I'd imagine. Like I said, amateur level the player gets banned for life

Can't you just enjoy the most hilarious thing ever on a football pitch
Don't get all Adam Trimmingham about it

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I thought the ball boy looked like Noone. Is he moonlighting?

Ha ha, I thought exactly the same thing - clearly only looks 12 years old.

Bit harsh, Glenn Hoddle has just said he's bent! There's no need for that in this day and age...

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Can't believe some posters here. If your kid did something like that and a grown man went to kick him you would have a different reaction I'd imagine. Like I said, amateur level the player gets banned for life

If my boy cheated like that I'd kick him in the ribs myself.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He did not just go up and kick him did he, he was trying to get the ball back. The ball boy was time wasting and yes it was a stupid thing to do. But do not try and make this out to be an act of violence

Regardless of situation, isn't up to the players to referee the game. Ball boy is not right, but you cannot do that at ANY level. Is it not violent conduct?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ballboy is wrong to do what he did BUT Hazard is an idiot for reacting as he did.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I really hope Hazard doesn't apologise for this, would be much better if he says something controversial like he wishes he kicked him harder :lolol:

If he really is 17 I hope people stop playing the "little kid" card. When I was 17 I had a row in the pub with people much bigger and older and didn't whinge when I ended up on the floor with a bloody nose.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Does anyone remember an FA Cup match on Match of the Day in the 80's where a ball girl (From a lower league side, can't remember who) gave the ball back too quickly to a Liverpool player deep into injury time, and they scored... Jimmy Hill et al blamed her completely for the goal, and there was a lot of publicity after where they ended up apologising etc. (Or did I dream all that?)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hazard was a plonker, no way should he have kicked the ball boy. Should have just got the Ref to note the ball boys antics for time wasting.

The ball boy was being a cock too, looks to have made a meal of it.

Distasteful how John Terry comes off the bench to remonstrate with the 4th Official. Sadly the media will now blow the whole thing out of proportion but shouldn't overlook another lack of judgement by a Chelsea player.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have you been watching the game Trig? Did you not see Hazard pretending to be injured in the first half
Not all of it, but was watching live when this happened. I don't care if the players were cheating in the first half, I'm not defending them, only commenting on this incident. The ball boy very clearly stopped Hazard getting the ball 3 times. At first look I thought he just got the ball, but having seen it about 100 times now, I think he got both the ball and the kids, so I guess the lino (ref wasn't looking) made the right decision.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It's obvious the ball boys were under instructions to delay returning the ball, even so Hazard went OTT with his reaction. Once his punishment has been handed down to Hazard, the football authorities need to clamp down on this type of time wasting.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I wonder if Swansea will be penalised in some way too... looks from the guy's twitter he was recalled specifically to time waste. Would be too hard to prove id guess.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not all of it, but was watching live when this happened. I don't care if the players were cheating in the first half, I'm not defending them, only commenting on this incident. The ball boy very clearly stopped Hazard getting the ball 3 times. At first look I thought he just got the ball, but having seen it about 100 times now, I think he got both the ball and the kids, so I guess the lino (ref wasn't looking) made the right decision.

It makes me laugh, but Chelsea ball boys didn't even bother throwing the balls back vs Arsenal and the time wasting was even worse than Swansea were doing.
[MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC have officially responded already. Have they not learnt to maybe wait to consider their responses!?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Does anyone remember an FA Cup match on Match of the Day in the 80's where a ball girl (From a lower league side, can't remember who) gave the ball back too quickly to a Liverpool player deep into injury time, and they scored... Jimmy Hill et al blamed her completely for the goal, and there was a lot of publicity after where they ended up apologising etc. (Or did I dream all that?)
No you aren't dreaming, and it was definitely Jimmy Hill. Was it really as long ago as the 80s?!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm on neither team. Both are in the wrong.

The balboy was stupid, and wasn't making any effort to return the ball quickly. He deliberately unnecessarily fell on the ball to waste more time. He also, while laying on it, moved to shield the ball from oscar when he tried to get it out with his hands. It looks to me like he even tried to roll back over the ball after it was kicked out from under him. The ball boy was being cynical and gets no sympathy from me.

Every game that has one side leading towards the end will have time wasting. Every team that is losing would, and probably have, done the same themselves. Players really shouldn't be getting worked up like they do over time wasting, especially to the point you're going to try to kick a ball out from under a prone ball boy, however guilty he is. Whether he actually kicked the ball boy or not, he was stupid for getting wound up and involved in the incident and gets no sympathy from me.

We see players do what the ball boy did all the time and other players try to kick the ball while they are laying on it. It's not normally a red card offence, for that reason, I'm torn on whether it should have been in this instance.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION] That happened at Withdean a few years ago didn't it?

Yes but the player quicker realised his error, if memory serves me correctly

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really hope Hazard doesn't apologise for this, would be much better if he says something controversial like he wishes he kicked him harder :lolol:

If he really is 17 I hope people stop playing the "little kid" card. When I was 17 I had a row in the pub with people much bigger and older and didn't whinge when I ended up on the floor with a bloody nose.

Yeah, because Hazard looked the real tough guy when he got flattened by Williams and stayed down for about 4mins. Probably Hazard's only bit of aggression in the entire game was to kick the ball boy! What a twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here