Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea V Chelsea

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It was violent conduct. It doesn't matter who you are violent against. If a fan runs towards you on the pitch and you trip them up you would get sent off. Hence why he was gone. It is we deserved.

The kid was being a cocky shit. He deserved it. Now he looks like a prick because he cried. Hop he gets abuse for it at school.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone remember an FA Cup match on Match of the Day in the 80's where a ball girl (From a lower league side, can't remember who) gave the ball back too quickly to a Liverpool player deep into injury time, and they scored... Jimmy Hill et al blamed her completely for the goal, and there was a lot of publicity after where they ended up apologising etc. (Or did I dream all that?)

Nope i remember that, didn't realise it was that long ago though

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Does anyone remember an FA Cup match on Match of the Day in the 80's where a ball girl (From a lower league side, can't remember who) gave the ball back too quickly to a Liverpool player deep into injury time, and they scored... Jimmy Hill et al blamed her completely for the goal, and there was a lot of publicity after where they ended up apologising etc. (Or did I dream all that?)
No - it happened - oddly enough it was at Blackburn Rovers. FA Cup game, Rovers were in Div 2, Liverpool were the Big Bollux then (it was around 1990 I think), and Rovers were a goal up with seconds to go... ball boy (or girl) throws ball back "Too quickly" to Liverpool who equalised in the last seconds. Jimmy Hill went potty.
I remember this quite clearly as I had a Liverpool friend at the time we were watching it on MOTD, and I agreed with Hill (!), and she obviously didnt!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So people think the kid is in the wrong - and fair enough he partially is - so why does he get abuse when Hazard doesn't ?

Since when did 2 wrongs make a right ? Like it or not, there was contact - yeah the kid made a meal of it - but there was contact at the end of the day. The abuse I've seen given to this kid from grown adults is shocking - it's hard to tell who the 17yr old is and who the adults are......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So people think the kid is in the wrong - and fair enough he partially is - so why does he get abuse when Hazard doesn't ?

Since when did 2 wrongs make a right ? Like it or not, there was contact - yeah the kid made a meal of it - but there was contact at the end of the day. The abuse I've seen given to this kid from grown adults is shocking - it's hard to tell who the 17yr old is and who the adults are......

Because there are other people already criticising Hazard? Because it's a reaction to the "oh poor little baby" comments people are making rather than a comment on the incident?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
As Hiddle said afterwards, some teams tell ball boys to hold the ball and slow the game down, or give a towel to the long throwers in their team, it's part if the game.

Hazard has kicked a boy, end of. Massive fine and ban and if I was the kids dad, sue the bastard!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I've never understood why ball boys are needed in the first place. The ball is hardly likely to go over a hedge into the next bloody field! If players want the ball in a hurry they can go fetch it! All clubs, including Albion, train ball boys to give the ball back to the home team quickly and take it slow when it's an away throw. Unfortunately it's the win at all costs mentality. The spirit of fair play has long gone.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Because there are other people already criticising Hazard? Because it's a reaction to the "oh poor little baby" comments people are making rather than a comment on the incident?

Yes, but some of those on here are saying its all the kids fault, even though he isn't entirely to blame. You can't criticise 1 party when both are equally wrong !!

Aside from this, Benitez has told Sky Sports that they both know they were wrong and have both apologised to each other.

South Wales Police have also received a complaint and are now investigating - I doubt anything will happen though.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
serves professional footballers right. They set the example that kids follow. maybe they may think twice about diving all over the place feigning injury all the time. Or is there nothing wrong with a bit of 'gamesmanship' as long as you're not on the receiving end of it?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
dnjyf9.png

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
SSN already reporting that they've spoken to the kid and his father and they don't want to press charges.

Which was always going to happen, just that someone watching has made a complaint - simple open and shut case within 20 minutes !!

Chelsea have taken back defending Hazard on Twitter too, so they know he's in the wrong too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It makes me laugh, but Chelsea ball boys didn't even bother throwing the balls back vs Arsenal
Not throwing the ball back is no where near as bad as stopping the player get to it, the grabbing it and refusing to let go, then falling on it and trying to hatch it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
From Twitter:

"Not the first Welsh person to hit the headlines for holding onto a premiership players balls for to long eh @Imogen_Thomas"

Funny!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
dont like chelsea but that was wrong in all respects

actially feel sorry for hazard getting a probably long ban because he did what we would all do in the heat of the moment

meanwhile the valleys scum walks away a hero.....always liked swansea but think I will be backing bradford in the final

"What we would all do". What?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here