Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to get political but.......

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seven pages so far and nobody has asked the really important question....

If these asylum seekers can get a carpet allowance can they also get a season ticket allowance for Withdean?

I'm sure that Uncle Dick is eagerly awaiting the answer and getting his mailshots ready.

And what about priority for STH ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ive never claimed you're an estate agent have i ?

No you have not. I've been called many things in my time but not an estate agent.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Herr Tub, Tom Hark et al, I now realise that whilst I was trying to get a debate going NSC was probably not the place to discuss 'bar room talk', so for that I apologise.

The system is there to help people who cannot sometimes help themselves but is in places in my opinion flawed, having parents who are both pensioners who having worked all their lives get no help aside from the state pension it is hammered home on a regular basis.

I think the NSC is capable of a proper discussion of this, just some people seem to get sidetracked by their own little spats.

I think there is a huge amount of waste of tax payers money through red tape, fear of compensation culture leading to creating policies, processes, and even offices, that suck money from the pot and leaves comparatively little to go round.

So then it becomes about prioritising what to do with the money, with the thinking, I assume, being that

-most old people have family (I know this is false, I know there are lots of people in care homes that for various reasons have no family or family that don't have anything to do with them), and this family will/should support them. The government thinks you, Ian (and any siblings you may have), should buy your parents a carpet, not them (the goverment).

-babies need to be protected, and single mothers need support that they are missing from their babydaddy. A single parent can't work because they have the baby to look after (again, I know this is not true, that with a proper support system they can, I'm just trying to work out how the goverment thinks these things through)

-immigrants come here with nothing, no family to support them, possibly fear of governement, and need to have their confidence rebuilt.

Perhaps there is also a certain element of british politeness. When I have an unexpected extra visitor for dinner and didn't have enough food, I would think the polite thing to do is to make what you have stretch, and if necessary go without myself. I have been conditioned by my parents that when I have a guest, I should give up my bed for them and I sleep on the couch. Perhaps this sense somewhat affects our policies regarding funding immigrants before people who live here.

There's also a seeming heiracrchy when giving up your seat on the bus. I would give my seat up for old people and pregnant women, women with kids, and I've also seen older people give up their seat for pregnant women etc.

So perhaps it's an ingraned sense of politeness and propriety that has led to a system that is so open to abuse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
for the last time take my advice and dont try humour, YOU ARE QUITE SIMPLY NOT FUNNY !!

Can you take my advise and use apostrophes?

Jimmy Grimble

'Ma niggers, hows it rollin'?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
TUT TUT yet another who cant spell , its advice stupid !!
:dunce::dunce::dunce:

That was a bit dumb of me. School boy error...from the ill fated Tory national curriculum which I had to suffer :lolol:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
-immigrants come here with nothing, no family to support them, possibly fear of governement, and need to have their confidence rebuilt.

that is the single biggest load of rubbish I have ever read on here, and it's up against some pretty stiff competition.

Have you ever met an immigrant? Typical Brighton leftie rubbish, everyone turning up at Croydon to get their claims processed has had their hand cut off their kids raped and eaten or are political opponents of a tyrannical regime because I heard that on the BBC or read it in the Observer. No, most just live in poor countries and want a better standard of living. Poorer countries tend to be dodgier.

You should speak to some Africans like my neighbours travelling in on fake papers, who happily tell you all about the migration industry in West Africa, the coaching on asylum stories and procedures. The honest ones they laugh at who get deported as they havent the sense to lie. Its mayhem. Its also the real world mate. I am not knocking them I would f*** off at the earliest opportunity if I lived somewhere shit. They dont need their confidence rebuilt, they are out of the traps like Ballyregan Bob setting up businesses buying horrible 4x4s and the latest mobiles. They dont need any patronising from some molly coddled white man.

The worlds a rough old place mate, dont believe all the bollocks you are fed. People genuinely flee terror war or poverty. Some people come here with lives so horrific we cannot barely comprehend. What I find laughable is how some people also cannot comprehend or admit that some people just fancy the life they see on telly. I dont blame them for that one bit.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Having read this I can only conclude...so f***ing what? African guy gets carpet? come on people what a load of old cobblers.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I love that expression, it's become a cliche to use it when talking about subjects like this.

As if there is some kind of scientific fact in it.

( You might as well post "red sky at night...." on any thread relating to the weather.. )

If you look up the source of the expression (of which there are many) you'll find it is probably about remembering to look after your family and frankly NOTHING to with thinking twice about giving money to foreigners.

Well that's a matter of conjecture and interpretation is it not ? However this thread has now descended in to name calling which has rather diluted the subject matter.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

that is the single biggest load of rubbish I have ever read on here, and it's up against some pretty stiff competition.

Have you ever met an immigrant? Typical Brighton leftie rubbish, everyone turning up at Croydon to get their claims processed has had their hand cut off their kids raped and eaten or are political opponents of a tyrannical regime because I heard that on the BBC or read it in the Observer. No, most just live in poor countries and want a better standard of living. Poorer countries tend to be dodgier.

You should speak to some Africans like my neighbours travelling in on fake papers, who happily tell you all about the migration industry in West Africa, the coaching on asylum stories and procedures. The honest ones they laugh at who get deported as they havent the sense to lie. Its mayhem. Its also the real world mate. I am not knocking them I would f*** off at the earliest opportunity if I lived somewhere shit. They dont need their confidence rebuilt, they are out of the traps like Ballyregan Bob setting up businesses buying horrible 4x4s and the latest mobiles. They dont need any patronising from some molly coddled white man.

The worlds a rough old place mate, dont believe all the bollocks you are fed. People genuinely flee terror war or poverty. Some people come here with lives so horrific we cannot barely comprehend. What I find laughable is how some people also cannot comprehend or admit that some people just fancy the life they see on telly. I dont blame them for that one bit.

As a matter of fact whilst I wouldn't go as far as you I'd like to point out that the woman I wish to marry is actually from the Philippines, that's a pretty poor country which is riddled with corruption. Perhaps she could become a refugee as it might (i said might) be easier than trying to enter Britain via me.

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade

Well done that man well said,but thats only half the truth,I have seen and had to deal with this problem,and the truth that only about 1 percent are true cases,you want to hear them in courts,all with the same reasons for coming here but from different countrys etc,and 99 percent are refused,then they get a new lawer and it all starts up again,ifs a bottomless pit that our money goes down.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Herr Tub, Tom Hark et al, I now realise that whilst I was trying to get a debate going NSC was probably not the place to discuss 'bar room talk', so for that I apologise.

The system is there to help people who cannot sometimes help themselves but is in places in my opinion flawed, having parents who are both pensioners who having worked all their lives get no help aside from the state pension it is hammered home on a regular basis.

Well see, imo, that is a better statement than the one you originally made.

Your parents have worked hard all their lives to provide for their retirement. Now they have succeeded in that, they presumably have a nice comfortable home to live in, mortgage paid off, and they get a pension for their everyday needs.

However, not everybody is as lucky as your parents. For many reasons (ill health, poverty, having to escape your country for safety, and maybe leaving your loved ones behind) they have been unable to provide for themselves as well as your parents, and it is for these people that welfare exists.

I will accept that in parts, the system is flawed. We all know at least one person who has been let down by the 'system', but to make a generalised statement of this country being crap because you see people getting help to live when your parents don't, is where you went very very wrong!

You see in your day to day life, many many people who are suffering hard times in their lives. Do you feel the need to say to patients and carers you meet at StB "sorry you're ill and have a serious life limiting illness, sorry you're suffering in this way, but it really pees me off that my taxes are helping you pay your rent/get new carpet/allow your partner to stop working to care for you"? Of course you don't! You would see it as right and fair that the welfare exists for them! Do you say to your own clients "Awww I know you want to give your loved ones a good send off, but you're only on benefits, so tough poo, it's a landfill site for them then!" Nope, you accept that welfare will help them too, and you do the best job you can to give them a respectful send off.

Honestly mate, take a step back and think outside this right wing box you seem to be stuck in! I know how much caring you do in real life, I've seen it for myself, and your little rant here actually contradicts the real Harty. Unless of course, the real Harty is a fake but I really don't think that's true otherwise you wouldn't be so good at your job(s)

I've defended you through all the other recent crap, but with this thread, you've lost the plot somewhat I'm afraid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here