Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to get political but.......

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
well perhaps there might be important things to spend the money on , thats f***ing what .

Like what? carpets for white people? if the bloke is entitled to a free carpet because thats how the system works...so what? let him have a bloody carpet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
-immigrants come here with nothing, no family to support them, possibly fear of governement, and need to have their confidence rebuilt.

that is the single biggest load of rubbish I have ever read on here, and it's up against some pretty stiff competition.

Have you ever met an immigrant? Typical Brighton leftie rubbish, everyone turning up at Croydon to get their claims processed has had their hand cut off their kids raped and eaten or are political opponents of a tyrannical regime because I heard that on the BBC or read it in the Observer. No, most just live in poor countries and want a better standard of living. Poorer countries tend to be dodgier.

You should speak to some Africans like my neighbours travelling in on fake papers, who happily tell you all about the migration industry in West Africa, the coaching on asylum stories and procedures. The honest ones they laugh at who get deported as they havent the sense to lie. Its mayhem. Its also the real world mate. I am not knocking them I would f*** off at the earliest opportunity if I lived somewhere shit. They dont need their confidence rebuilt, they are out of the traps like Ballyregan Bob setting up businesses buying horrible 4x4s and the latest mobiles. They dont need any patronising from some molly coddled white man.

The worlds a rough old place mate, dont believe all the bollocks you are fed. People genuinely flee terror war or poverty. Some people come here with lives so horrific we cannot barely comprehend. What I find laughable is how some people also cannot comprehend or admit that some people just fancy the life they see on telly. I dont blame them for that one bit.

First of all, if you look at my post again, you'll see brackets with the first two points stressing that I was trying to explain the thinking of the government, not necessarily my own position. I felt having mentioned it twice, it was unnecessary to again explain I knew it was a misconception, but that it is what I suspect the goverment feel.

Secondly, I work at a care home that employs care workers from the philippines, and a couple from africa, and bar one couple, they have all left family back in the philippines to come here and work (and the couple actually left their children, though are hoping to get them permits to come and join them).

But since they came here to work, they came with work permits that say they are ineligible for access to public funds, and they are earning their own money and paying taxes and so on.

Thirdly, you accuse me of posting a load of rubbish and listening to lefty nonsense because I paint a sympathetic picture of immigrants, then you go and do pretty much the same thing!

I wasn't suggesting the thought process of the government was right, and in the conclusion I wrote:
So perhaps it's an ingraned sense of politeness and propriety that has led to a system that is so open to abuse.
We are closer on this than I think you realise. I'm saying the goverment have misconceptions, and these have led to a system in place to help those that genuinely need that it is open to abuse. which sounds to me to be a lot like your view of the system:
Some people come here with lives so horrific we cannot barely comprehend. What I find laughable is how some people also cannot comprehend or admit that some people just fancy the life they see on telly.

Just, you don't mention what you think might have contributed to the evolution of our system.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Laminate flooring?

Having just had the floor laid with tiles and underfloor heating I think this is the best option. Toes are ALWAYS warm, although perhaps I shouldn't have had it installed as not a true Brit.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Having just had the floor laid with tiles and underfloor heating I think this is the best option. Toes are ALWAYS warm, although perhaps I shouldn't have had it installed as not a true Brit.

All very well but if you lived in Africa your toes would always be warm and what's more you wouldn't be damaging the environment.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Underfloor heating is whats bringing the darkies in. back home in Somalia they can only dream of warm toes.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
First of all, if you look at my post again, you'll see brackets with the first two points stressing that I was trying to explain the thinking of the government, not necessarily my own position. I felt having mentioned it twice, it was unnecessary to again explain I knew it was a misconception, but that it is what I suspect the goverment feel.

Secondly, I work at a care home that employs care workers from the philippines, and a couple from africa, and bar one couple, they have all left family back in the philippines to come here and work (and the couple actually left their children, though are hoping to get them permits to come and join them).

But since they came here to work, they came with work permits that say they are ineligible for access to public funds, and they are earning their own money and paying taxes and so on.

Thirdly, you accuse me of posting a load of rubbish and listening to lefty nonsense because I paint a sympathetic picture of immigrants, then you go and do pretty much the same thing!

I wasn't suggesting the thought process of the government was right, and in the conclusion I wrote:

We are closer on this than I think you realise. I'm saying the goverment have misconceptions, and these have led to a system in place to help those that genuinely need that it is open to abuse. which sounds to me to be a lot like your view of the system:

Just, you don't mention what you think might have contributed to the evolution of our system.

Fair play. I do jump in with both feet. I think that its not just the Government though, plenty of the population at large have very little idea of what is happening, all the way from the Piss of We're Full mob to the Guardianistas who think they understand as they once almost patronised a Congolese minicab driver to death on the way back from a dinner party.

A few days in Croydon watching the Africans rubbing their fingertips to shreds on the brickwork outside to avoid being processed, or less dramatically trying to talk to some illegals normally, should be compulsory. Instead we get a real spectrum of ill informed idiocy, all the way to the top.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Things that seem clear from a distance often look different from close up. INMHO the asylum seeker is a red herring as this is a different topic entirely. As has already been stated here most asylum seekers (provided, of course, we wish to keep our reputation as a liberai country that supports those who are victims of crimes against humanity and free thought) have good reasons to be here and need the support to get themselves back on their feet. Certainly the issue of colour doesn't come into it.

The other two cases , again INMHO says less about the state of the governement and more about us as a society. How has it come to pass that elderly memebers of families are left to fend for themselves and how have we come to the point where single parents can actually find good reasons to not go to work to look after their kids. What has happened to the family and it support system?

Simplistic I know and doesn't cover all the angles but a good place to start thinking.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
then the system is wrong , we should be spending it on people who have put into the pot.

Rubbish. As a grown up society we pay into the pot to help those less fortunate than ourselves. Sometimes those people have paid in to it at some point in their lives, sometimes they haven't.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
. As has already been stated here most asylum seekers (provided, of course, we wish to keep our reputation as a liberai country that supports those who are victims of crimes against humanity and free thought) have good reasons to be here and need the support to get themselves back on their feet.
it might have been stated, that certainly doesnt make it true.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
it might have been stated, that certainly doesnt make it true.

certainly was when I saw the paperwork in the late eighties but who knows now.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Your point:

then the system is wrong , we should be spending it on people who have put into the pot.

The pot pays for:

...the NHS? ... schools?

The logical conclusion to your argument is that only people who have 'paid into the pot' should have access to these services regardless of their circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here