Poyet explores loan striker option?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We did of course have the striker we need ..... but for some unfathomable reason we let him go up the road .... for nothing!!

It's getting boring now but it doesn't detract from the fact that it is 100% true. Don't buy the "we couldn't afford him" line either. Gus cock up plain and simple.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's getting boring now but it doesn't detract from the fact that it is 100% true. Don't buy the "we couldn't afford him" line either.

We could 'afford him'. Quite easily in fact.

However, he wasn't worth the wages he was demanding. Trust me. The fact he ended up at a worse team than us who were willing to throw all their last pennies at a striker says something.

But this is VERY old ground

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

However, he wasn't worth the wages he was demanding. Trust me. The fact he ended up at a worse team than us who were willing to throw all their last pennies at a striker says something.

Those wages he wasn't worth would have meant that we'd probably have made the playoffs last season and if not we'd have been in an even better position this season than we are now imo, so I don't trust you.

I fecking loved Glenn Murray :down:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Wasn't worth the wages? Player of the month in the Championship in September. And have we found anyone as effective in spite of buying/acquiring/loaning ... what ... five or six strikers?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Perhaps if we wasn't wasting wages on deadwood that Poyet signed, that now seem surplus to requirements and Spanish superstars who are seen less often than Halley's Comet. We would have a massive wage packet to spend on a striker. I'm sure Mr Bloom is loaded, but he isn't a f***ing idiot. Quite frankly i'd trust my missus to handle a budget better than Poyet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Er, why? I'm presuming you know for a fact what was offered?

At the end of the day, there have been many times over the past 15 months when the decision to let him go has looked f***ing DUMB. And with us managing a pitiful 1 goal in 4 games, now is indeed one of those times.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Those wages he wasn't worth would have meant that we'd probably have made the playoffs last season and if not we'd have been in an even better position this season than we are now imo, so I don't trust you.

I fecking loved Glenn Murray :down:

This

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps if we wasn't wasting wages on deadwood that Poyet signed, that now seem surplus to requirements and Spanish superstars who are seen less often than Halley's Comet. We would have a massive wage packet to spend on a striker. I'm sure Mr Bloom is loaded, but he isn't a f***ing idiot. Quite frankly i'd trust my missus to handle a budget better than Poyet.

What a load of tosh. Who are these players on whom wages have been wasted? Hoskins is and has been injured so no blame an be attached to him. We have moved on and progressed to a higher levle so Vincelot and Sparrow are not considered good enougfh for us now. He bought and sold Noone ata hansome profit so hardly wasted money there . Paynter and Vokes were loans, who we took a gamble with but unfortunately did not come off, so wouldnt have been expensive as regards wages so who are you talking about?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've stated my view previously on Barnes. I believe he is an excellent team player, but I only feel the need to post it once.

My criticism is that you state your same view OVER and OVER and OVER again. We all get it. You don't like him and never will. You don't like him if he scores. You don't like him if he clears corners. You don't like him if he sets up a chance.

I will never criticise someone for having an opinion. It's their right.

Where you have let yourself down clearly in this thread is you have completely flown off the handle at the slightest criticism of your opinion being repeated again. I never criticised your right to an opinion. I called you dull for repeating it again. You called me "f***ing stupid", a "child", a "Tosser" (via the tosser smiley).

It was a massive over-reaction on your part, summed up in such a manner that your rant was punctuated with so many spelling errors that it was obvious you were frantically typing your abuse towards me.

That's the last I'll say on it as, again, this has escalated to an abusive rant by yourself which was uncalled for.
I think you've mistaken me flying for the handle, and having a massive over-reaction, off taking the complete piss out of you. WHOOOOOSHHHHHH!!

My mistake. I should just leave you to it. You're doing a mighty fine job on your own! Nighty night sweetheart. Sleep tight.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

There you go embarrasing and letting yourself again!!

We are taking about Glen Murray right? :blush: Although I agree we could afford him, given our current lack of a target man, I think he is worth the wages. BUt of course Lord Poyet chose to get rid of him, personaility clash as much as anything, and then not replace him, and the fact he's now at Palace, taking those two factors into account, means he must be shit.

Don't worry though, Super Ashley Barnes is a hundred million times better than Palace scum Glena Murray. Gus wouldn't have made a mistake. How could he? Its not possible is it ... cough cough :tosser:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I happen to have a very good idea of the contract that Murray was offered to stay and can say that it was nowhere near what he is worth. It is a fact that the club f***ed up badly over the Murray issue and I suspect they know it although I would never expect them to admit this publicly. History, I know, but let's not try to pretend that Glenn would not have greatly improved our current attacking options.

And let's not forget, there is only room for one big ego at the club.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
A striker who gets in the box doesn't have to be a 6 foot plus lump who'll hold the ball up.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What a load of tosh. Who are these players on whom wages have been wasted? Hoskins is and has been injured so no blame an be attached to him. We have moved on and progressed to a higher levle so Vincelot and Sparrow are not considered good enougfh for us now. He bought and sold Noone ata hansome profit so hardly wasted money there . Paynter and Vokes were loans, who we took a gamble with but unfortunately did not come off, so wouldnt have been expensive as regards wages so who are you talking about?

Ok, we have three keepers, where we only need two.Do we really need Ankergren and Brez as cover if Thomaz gets injured?..Chances are if Thomaz got injured Poyet would get a loan in anyway. So there is one wasted wage. Harley,,,please don't tell me we have moved on from Harley who Poyet chased for ages, only to get him here and find out he is shit. Alarm bells should have rang, really as he had no experience at this level at all....Vincelot was signed as a championship player by Poyet, so there is another and as for the £20k we are paying Vicente a week, pmsl.....Add to that we have a dozen midfielders, when only four play(providing you don't count Barnes as a midfielder).....Like I said at the the time, Poyet shot his load off on deadline day, like a drunken old gunslinger. Hit another three midfielders(ffs) and a attack minded midfielder(that's what Dobbie really is),,,,,and missed the one person he walked into the bar,pissed up looking for!!!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
There you go embarrasing and letting yourself again!!

We are taking about Glen Murray right? :blush: Although I agree we could afford him, given our current lack of a target man, I think he is worth the wages. BUt of course Lord Poyet chose to get rid of him, personaility clash as much as anything, and then not replace him, and the fact he's now at Palace, taking those two factors into account, means he must be shit.

Don't worry though, Super Ashley Barnes is a hundred million times better than Palace scum Glena Murray. Gus wouldn't have made a mistake. How could he? Its not possible is it ... cough cough :tosser:

If you spent as much time supporting the team as f***ing putting them down I'd think you might have a point. But instead it comes across as some form personal vendetta almost.

Personally I think something has happened between you Poyet and Barnes? Come on ill the beans :lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think it is a bluff to make the current strikers play better. Barnes (who I did not think played very well this season) was beginning to look better. Certainly, better than Glenn Murray now (who looked ponderous on the highlights).

Mackail-Smith seems to be low on confidence. The only thing to do is to regular play his way out. Lopez does not make runs into the box ???

I'd sooner play Sparrow at centre-forward than Vokes, Paynter, Woods etc. Dobbie does not seem to be any good in the air ???

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
How can you say Macca is low on confidence? he has six goals already this season and Saturday was his first game back after injury

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We did of course have the striker we need ..... but for some unfathomable reason we let him go up the road .... for nothing!!

Forgive me for seeking clarification but I thought the issue re GM, other than wages obviously, was the fact that by moving to another club (CP in this case ) he would receive a not insignificant signing on fee - Am I wrong?

PS I am not trying to be provocative !

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
And just four points off the top. People need to get a sense of proportion.

But if we were still scoring as well as not conceding goals we would be 2 to 4 points clear at the top.We have the best goal keeper and defence in this division,our forwards are the weak link.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports