Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet explores loan striker option?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is that the useless fat lump who's 5 ft 8 and no better than we've already got that has scored goals and got teams the last three Championship playoffs.
Give the bloke a chance, how the hell do know more than Poyet, Holloway, Rogers and whoever his other playoff manager was.
Clown.

In his most prolific season in this division, he scored 9 goals. That's less than Ashley Barnes managed last season.
He's scored as many Championship goals as Craig Davies.

He's got no pace, no physical presence, and his scoring record is average at best, apart from a couple of prolific seasons at Queen of the South.

Another dud from Poyet made even more infuriating because he's wasted money on a player who isn't anything like the sort of footballer we're crying out for.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If you spent as much time supporting the team as f***ing putting them down I'd think you might have a point. But instead it comes across as some form personal vendetta almost.

Personally I think something has happened between you Poyet and Barnes? Come on ill the beans :lol:
Why it is because you have a discussion that is negative, you aren't supporting the team? People can say other things other than isn't Gus great we all love Gus. Now run back into your caveman until the sun comes up. If that's the best you can come up with,I can't see much point in posting

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The irony of spelling embarrassing wrong is too much to ignore.

Also, I'm not quite sure what 'letting yourself" is but you nearly completed a whole sentence that time!!
A there we have it folks. A classic example of a forum warrior admitting defeat. Spelling? I missed out a whole s. WOW. I thought I was just winding you up, but you really don't have anything to say do you. :tosser:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok, we have three keepers, where we only need two.Do we really need Ankergren and Brez as cover if Thomaz gets injured?..Chances are if Thomaz got injured Poyet would get a loan in anyway. So there is one wasted wage. Harley,,,please don't tell me we have moved on from Harley who Poyet chased for ages, only to get him here and find out he is shit. Alarm bells should have rang, really as he had no experience at this level at all....Vincelot was signed as a championship player by Poyet, so there is another and as for the £20k we are paying Vicente a week, pmsl.....Add to that we have a dozen midfielders, when only four play(providing you don't count Barnes as a midfielder).....Like I said at the the time, Poyet shot his load off on deadline day, like a drunken old gunslinger. Hit another three midfielders(ffs) and a attack minded midfielder(that's what Dobbie really is),,,,,and missed the one person he walked into the bar,pissed up looking for!!!

Every successful club needs to have 3 keepers if anything happened to Kuszczack injury or red card we would then need both Ankergreen and Brezovan a loan keeper is not an option as the standard that we require wouldnt be available for a loan. Harley was signed by Swansea who obviously saw the same potential as Gus. Vicente was a revelation and well worth his wages but unfortunately while under contract to us he got injured against Swindon, we cant just scrub his contract. People say about Murray, yes we could do with him now but it has to be said that I am reliably informed that his wage now is approx 3 times what he was on with us previously so realistically he was a no go.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why it is because you have a discussion that is negative, you aren't supporting the team? People can say other things other than isn't Gus great we all love Gus. Now run back into your caveman until the sun comes up. If that's the best you can come up with,I can't see much point in posting

Well said.
Fans are entitled to express frustrations, such as why the f*** have the wealthy Albion not bought a proven striker in the last 2 transfer windows, or backup for our only CM creative force of (always sick) Vicente?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Every successful club needs to have 3 keepers if anything happened to Kuszczack injury or red card we would then need both Ankergreen and Brezovan a loan keeper is not an option as the standard that we require wouldnt be available for a loan. Harley was signed by Swansea who obviously saw the same potential as Gus. Vicente was a revelation and well worth his wages but unfortunately while under contract to us he got injured against Swindon, we cant just scrub his contract. People say about Murray, yes we could do with him now but it has to be said that I am reliably informed that his wage now is approx 3 times what he was on with us previously so realistically he was a no go.

Sorry, can't agree with any of that. Why couldn't we get a loan keeper(Harper last season), Swansea never even played Harley(very strange). If Vicente got injured against Swindon then why did he come on against Cardiff(not like Poyet to take a risk like that with him and why did he even play against Swindon in the first place?).Poyet didn't want Murray, plan and simple. If he had wanted him, he would have stayed, do you really think he is on more than Cms or Dobbie for that matter???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Can you give you the figures on Murray:

Was on £3,250 a week as an increasingly successful League One striker.
He wanted £6,000 a week when he saw we were heading for the Championship and his contract was coming to an end.
Gus refused thinking he was overrated, but Freedman paid exactly that.
(Not the £15,000 to £11,000 a week quoted on NSC at the time ... we were all guessing. But a stack of Championship strikers are on double Murray's money, and as you might imagine, the Albion too have become very generous payers to many new players over the last 17 months).

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

A discussion that is repeated time and time again?

How about rather than keep REPEATING your point of view after each period of winless run of games, you state the case and leave it be? I will take you serious if we are bottom half of the table and struggling at Christmas but until then I will stay in my cave for you pettle. X

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A there we have it folks. A classic example of a forum warrior admitting defeat. Spelling? I missed out a whole s. WOW. I thought I was just winding you up, but you really don't have anything to say do you. :tosser:

I don't think anyone's listening to your crusade.

Also, I think you meant to write "And there we have it"

Also no comma before 'but' and, please, finish a question with a question mark.

You're welcome. X

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
OK, so you don't think we miss him then?

I'm not sure if we miss him as he was a good link but in a lower division.

I'd like to think he would have improved us but, the only stat I can possibly base his performance on is his goals and he clearly didn't make the step up last year. I know that's not his game, but it's the only quantitative stat I can base anything on.

Again, based on what his agent asked for at the time, I can see why he was let go.

Even now I wouldn't been keen on signing him for the wage he wanted. I certainly don't think he is a phenomenal player that we're missing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can you give you the figures on Murray:

Was on £3,250 a week as an increasingly successful League One striker.
He wanted £6,000 a week when he saw we were heading for the Championship and his contract was coming to an end.
Gus refused thinking he was overrated, but Freedman paid exactly that.
(Not the £15,000 to £11,000 a week quoted on NSC at the time ... we were all guessing. But a stack of Championship strikers are on double Murray's money, and as you might imagine, the Albion too have become very generous payers to many new players over the last 17 months).

Are you sure he wanted £6k a week and not the club offered £6k and he wanted more which Freedman agreed to? Irrespective of that Gus offered what he thought that he was worth to us and he chose to move and so must we. To answer Kev the rev we are in a position to gain promotion to the Prem clubs are only going to loan young keepers that they want to learn and progress not a keeper who is in the first 3 choices for their repective premiership clubs. Below that they are generally not good enough or no better than what we already have as back up.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The strikers I would have loved to see join on loan are as follows: Jay Bothroyd, Jermaine Beckford, Leroy Lita all of which have already gone to other championship sides

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The strikers I would have loved to see join on loan are as follows: Jay Bothroyd, Jermaine Beckford, Leroy Lita all of which have already gone to other championship sides[/QUOTE

According to Waren Aspinall on the radio at the game against Derby Beckford is on £40k a week, which we cant or wont pay.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Well said.
Fans are entitled to express frustrations, such as why the f*** have the wealthy Albion not bought a proven striker in the last 2 transfer windows, or backup for our only CM creative force of (always sick) Vicente?

No one is disagreeing about it, but when you have numerous threads on the same subject they become depressing. Mr burns will not be happy until Poyet leaves or wins every game and gets us promoted this season into the premiership, then once there I am fcked how he is going to make or keep him happy with a mixture of league one and championship players.

Poyet has said all along his aim is to keep on improving, our team is better than last season and I am confident we will finish higher.

I have said my bit and will let the "discussions" continue without my input, because I can see by replying to certain threads is only fueling the fire, but just for the record I think Mr burns does have some very good points but is Imo also wanting way too much too soon. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At least the mists/haze is clearing in Gus's head and he realises that we need another striker. For what is is worth some palace numpty who was giving it large on the train from hove to portslade on saturday said murray was on 12k. All he kept saying was our support was shit and that we would be back down to around 8k in a couple of seasons. Just told him to stop being a prick.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The real bonus of Murray leaving is it gives a chance for Ashley Barnes to improve and he has done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here