Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus targets Premiership signing before loan window closes

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd have settled for keeping Harper - plus a written guarantee that Hoskins, Buckley, Vicente and Vincelot would be fully fit for the rest of the season...............

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Agree, its like the Mark McGhee/Dick Knight show all over again. Constant hints of arriving signings, no delivery, followed by a list of nearly's who fell through last minute.

Not sure that's the case. Gus has delivered on most of his targets (in particular CMS and Vicente), and has brought in others when we were least expecting it (Reyes and Harper). He's obviously out there trying to get one more player in (which we all recognise we need), and just because he (possibly) fails, he gets crucified. Personally I'd rather Gus was honest and told us what he was trying to do. I don't believe he actually promised us success on this one. And if you don't want to be disappointed, just take it all with a pinch of salt.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Put it this way, easier to believe Gus then the horse shit DK peddled out year in year out during the transfer window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How about Allan Smith at Newcastle a box to box midfielder who can score goals, as he started as a striker and I think he is out of contract in the summer. Has had his share of injuries so qualifies on that count.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So the addmission that we need a loan player means that Gus is not happy with the squad even though most are now fit. Always thought that he wasn't keen on loan players.

Does this mean that he isn't happy with the new players he has signed, if Gus wants to balance the budget maybe we should send half his signings out on loan.

Loan players are bought in to change the team / squad we have had a loan player for the whole season and he hasn't played, now we sign him.

All a bit bizarre to me.

From what i'm hearing Gus isn't happy about much atm and it's having an adverse effect on the players. As in they are so shit scared of making mistakes on the pitch because of the grief they get from him, that is effecting there ability to perform at all. If you don't believe me, I don't give a shit and it's no good asking me where iv'e heard this either....But it would explain a lot, so make your own minds up.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
f*** me such an own goal getting rid of murry, the more the weeks go by becomes even more frustrating that gus let him go .still love gus but he fkd up on this one

Vega

Jul 23, 2011
Brighton
Same old story. Poyet make this type of statement, the forum fills up with suggestions and guess what, Friday Poyet says " I was unsuccessful" boo boo

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
FFS stop banging on about Murray. It's not him we miss its Bennett!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat
Spot on....Palace havn't scored for last four games and for all there efforts only 2 places above ....re benno 442 would have been a real possibility.... But as soon as Norwich gt interested it was inevitable he would go

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Never say never but Gus not very optimistic now about landing his Premier League loan signing b4 Thursday's 5pm cut-off. #bhafc

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
From what i'm hearing Gus isn't happy about much atm and it's having an adverse effect on the players. As in they are so shit scared of making mistakes on the pitch because of the grief they get from him, that is effecting there ability to perform at all. If you don't believe me, I don't give a shit and it's no good asking me where iv'e heard this either....But it would explain a lot, so make your own minds up.

Does explain a lot, something is not right

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Gus would do better to just not say anything and tell people to wait and see what happens as we have been expecting signings that havent materialised too many times now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here