Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus targets Premiership signing before loan window closes

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

Poyet: "I'm trying really hard to get one player if possible. If we are going to get a player he has to be really class, probably a Premiership player. We have got practically everybody back now (from injury) which means in terms of quantity we are perfect. I prefer not to say the position because of speculation, but i'm working very hard on it"

The financial implications of a further loan signing is thought to have played a part in goalkeeper Steve Harpers return to Newcastle.

Poyet: "It was a difficult call because he has been a great professional, but you have to take everything into consideration when you have got a budget"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is it in goal where the problem lies?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The one position we are crying out for is a quality,box to box strong cm......any other position other than gk and I think Bloom should send for the men in white coats for Gus....Steve Sidwell,Dickson Ethu?????????

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Please let it be a doctor

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I wish Gus wouldn't come out with these statements tbh, all it does is get my hopes up and I know I'll clock watch until the window closes hoping for this big signing which won't come, anyone remember "the player with presence" :shrug;

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would rather go for a big, quality forward that can hold up the ball and be a foil for CMS.

It just does not work playing CMS up front on his own. Paynter and Barnes are not the answer.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I wish we would sign an absolute head case in midfield, it wont do our disciplinerary record any favours but I'd feel a lot better.

I was hoping that would be Reyes but Gus obviously wants to play him in defence.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would rather go for a big, quality forward that can hold up the ball and be a foil for CMS.

It just does not work playing CMS up front on his own. Paynter and Barnes are not the answer.
I know what you're getting at, but a player can't hold the ball up it if it never gets that far up the pitch!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here