Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus targets Premiership signing before loan window closes

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Another f**king false dawn

Not again.......... build up hopes for nothing.

This is on arsegas in newest article about Lua Lua signing

"Meanwhile, boss Gus Poyet’s hopes of adding another Premier League player to his squad before tomorrow’s loan transfer deadline have receded. He admitted: “It’s going to be very difficult.”

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Point taken and I mean no disrespect to anyone. But I doubt many people on here (i'm sure some do) have the slightest idea what goes on day in day out at and around the club. Not saying I know very much come to that, but I do pick up the odd snippet from a very old friend, who is also a massive fan and it's not great.

IMO what goes on day to day ... training ground activity, tactical development, the relationship between Manager and player, and his ability to motivate and better them are all very well guarded secrets at every football club, surprisingly so. It's usually only after a Manager leaves that all the facts really emerge (Forest goalie on McLaren .. the stuff that broke yesterday from RFU etc) But for sure the current run of results and loss of form has to be testing Gus's managerial capabilities to the full. If these results continue through year end you'd have to wonder if he'd stay. I'm defo backing him to turn it around, get some of our key players back and performing ... but I'm not blinkered either

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
IMO what goes on day to day ... training ground activity, tactical development, the relationship between Manager and player, and his ability to motivate and better them are all very well guarded secrets at every football club, surprisingly so. It's usually only after a Manager leaves that all the facts really emerge (Forest goalie on McLaren .. the stuff that broke yesterday from RFU etc) But for sure the current run of results and loss of form has to be testing Gus's managerial capabilities to the full. If these results continue through year end you'd have to wonder if he'd stay. I'm defo backing him to turn it around, get some of our key players back and performing ... but I'm not blinkered either
...agreed...and....personally i'm just happy to be watching championship football..no disrespect to league one..but when u c the results on a saturday and think where we could have been playing..no thanks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I agree but it is annoying to have people continually hinting that there is unrest within the camp and then not being able to substantiate the rumours. I know that some will say it is kettle calling the pot black but when in the past I have said something I have stated the facts just not the source, which obviously cannot be disclosed quite often..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree but it is annoying to have people continually hinting that there is unrest within the camp and then not being able to substantiate the rumours. I know that some will say it is kettle calling the pot black but when in the past I have said something I have stated the facts just not the source, which obviously cannot be disclosed quite often..

That reads like you're trying to give a pre-emptive defence, but, it's not actually a defence. All you've done is refer to others' info as 'unsubstantiated rumours' and yours as 'facts that you can't provide a source for'.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Away from Brighton i see Cov hav just got Gary Gardner on loan. Just in time for Saturday. I hope he doesn't play as i rate him, but we will see.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Away from Brighton i see Cov hav just got Gary Gardner on loan. Just in time for Saturday. I hope he doesn't play as i rate him, but we will see.

Looks like he is going to be a good player so hopefully not fully match fit, expect him to have a superb game though!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I agree but it is annoying to have people continually hinting that there is unrest within the camp and then not being able to substantiate the rumours.

Well it's speculation mostly and easily ignored ... just like many of the "Gus is a great Manager" comments ... it's nice to think he's great (or going to be great/greater) but I don't know how anyone really knows ... saw a post earlier talking about the development of some players .. great but is that Gus? I dunno. All I can see is what happens on the pitch and in the absence of any other info then I'll judge Gus on the performance and results of the team, a view of team selection (not happy about some of that I will admit) his ability to attract and develop talent, and (as best I can see) the tactics used to get the result.

Last season spot on, stormed it, Gus is great. This season not so sure .. on paper (even with injuries) we should be making a better fist of it but for some reason we look way out of sorts. Not at all bothered about league position now as long as we avoid a relegation scrap. That being the case Gus will have done just fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here