Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus targets Premiership signing before loan window closes

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
From what i'm hearing Gus isn't happy about much atm and it's having an adverse effect on the players. As in they are so shit scared of making mistakes on the pitch because of the grief they get from him, that is effecting there ability to perform at all. If you don't believe me, I don't give a shit and it's no good asking me where iv'e heard this either....But it would explain a lot, so make your own minds up.

A bit like Capello in the World Cup in South Africa you mean

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Spot on....Palace havn't scored for last four games and for all there efforts only 2 places above ....re benno 442 would have been a real possibility.... But as soon as Norwich gt interested it was inevitable he would go

If Hoskins and Buckley had been fit all season we might be better able to judge Gus's attempts to replace Murray and Benno ...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would prefer someone experienced at this level, rather than taking another Ryan Harley type gamble. Jake Livermore might look nifty in the company he has kept at Spurs, but how would he fair out on his own two feet in a more competitive game? Remains to be seen.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
He did have half a season at this level last year, which is more experience of the Championship than the majority of the squad have.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You know it's going to be Gavin Hoyte.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I would prefer someone experienced at this level, rather than taking another Ryan Harley type gamble. Jake Livermore might look nifty in the company he has kept at Spurs, but how would he fair out on his own two feet in a more competitive game? Remains to be seen.

42 games at Championship level over the last couple of seasons. Derby, Peterborough, Ipswich & Leeds.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Genuinely amazed that I've missed 4 loan spells in the Championship! He sounds like a reasonable candidate to me then, we need someone with a bit of energy, drive and divisional nous... maybe he'd be a good option and he shouldn't cost too much either I wouldn't have thought.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
From what i'm hearing Gus isn't happy about much atm and it's having an adverse effect on the players. As in they are so shit scared of making mistakes on the pitch because of the grief they get from him, that is effecting there ability to perform at all. If you don't believe me, I don't give a shit and it's no good asking me where iv'e heard this either....But it would explain a lot, so make your own minds up.

Not sure that I believe you heard it but it's a plausible theory and I've been wondering myself .. looking at the performances of some it does look like they are shit scared. Here's another conspiracy theory ... Harper, comes in and obviously wants to kick the ball upfield from time to time and does ... Gus throws a strop and ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Gus says unlikely we'll be signing anyone according to Naylors Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Managers Manual
Heavy Defeat section
Post match & next day : Blame Ref
Day 2 & 3 : Raise hopes transfer signing
Day 4 quash rumour
Day 5 & 6 Next match injured player recovery potential
Day 7 Select squad, injured player still on the beach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports