Day 4 quash rumour
Day 5 & 6 Next match injured player recovery potential
Day 7 Select squad, injured player still on the beach

getting at poyet again then?..no change there

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not sure that I believe you heard it but it's a plausible theory and I've been wondering myself .. looking at the performances of some it does look like they are shit scared. Here's another conspiracy theory ... Harper, comes in and obviously wants to kick the ball upfield from time to time and does ... Gus throws a strop and ?

and..bllx?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No more loan players unless they intend to sign permanently. We are not in relegation trouble quite yet. I was not impressed by Harper and I am not impressed with Paynter (I an glad he is just a loan, not a permanent signing).

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Harper was solid and inspired more confidence than Ankergren does at times. definitely not sold on Paynter yet, hasn't done much at all since his debut

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
getting at poyet again then?..no change there

Well ... where does the buck stop? I well remember the McGhee years ... hero one minute and then pretty well everyone was lambasting him as a crap Manager next, is that possible?

It's the way of the game ... Managers get plaudits when they're actually pretty crap but the team plays well and then get targeted when a team of supposedly good players don't perform, who's at fault there? None of see what's going on behind the scene, we can only presume. But we do see what's happening on the pitch and that includes transfer activity, team selection, tactics and execution .... that then will provoke comment and debate and most of it is pretty sensible stuff imo

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I made the mistake of watching 10/11 part 2 dvd again last night.. I know it was a different story entirely and opposition teams didn't have the same class but christ we looked like much more of a unit with some amazing individual contributions almost every game. Bennett was a cut above, yet to be replaced.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I made the mistake of watching 10/11 part 2 dvd again last night.. I know it was a different story entirely and opposition teams didn't have the same class but christ we looked like much more of a unit with some amazing individual contributions almost every game. Bennett was a cut above, yet to be replaced.

Agree we were awesome ... confidence has to have played a big part

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I agree were much more of a unit, but then the side last season was very settled. This year with serious injuries affecting probable starters we have not been able to put the same side out twice, which I believe is a major contibutor to our dip in form.

Also watching that dvd just showed how TERRIBLE league one was. The standard even from the poor teams in this division is much higher.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well ... where does the buck stop? I well remember the McGhee years ... hero one minute and then pretty well everyone was lambasting him as a crap Manager next, is that possible?

It's the way of the game ... Managers get plaudits when they're actually pretty crap but the team plays well and then get targeted when a team of supposedly good players don't perform, who's at fault there? None of see what's going on behind the scene, we can only presume. But we do see what's happening on the pitch and that includes transfer activity, team selection, tactics and execution .... that then will provoke comment and debate and most of it is pretty sensible stuff imo

o i dont disagree with what u say...it was more of a comment on the poster ..quite a few of threads i read yesterday had the poster basically making the same comments...almost to the point that if it rained it was the managers fault

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I agree with the view that we have not replaced Bennett and a hell of a lot came through him last year. He was not an out and out winger like noone. Also get lua lua fit and standing up more often and he will hopefully return to the form that we so loved to see last year.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So the addmission that we need a loan player means that Gus is not happy with the squad even though most are now fit. Always thought that he wasn't keen on loan players.

Does this mean that he isn't happy with the new players he has signed, if Gus wants to balance the budget maybe we should send half his signings out on loan.

Loan players are bought in to change the team / squad we have had a loan player for the whole season and he hasn't played, now we sign him.

All a bit bizarre to me.

Gus hasn't been keen on short term loan players. He has had a lot of players on loan (Barnes, Wood, Lualua, Arismendi, Paynter, Harper all spring to mind without much thought, yet this myth that he doesn't like any loan persists)

Gus has said he is always on the look out for players that will add to the squad. Having identified someone he'd like is no more an admission that the squad isn't good enough or his other signings are a disppoinment than the fact he is always looking for improvements. He wants a fluid squad. He isn't picking 25 players and sticking with them. He will continue to look for better players. Even if he manages to sign Ronaldo or Messi, he would continue looking for players.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Lukaku anyone? There were rumours floating around before. I think he fits the bill and understand he cannot be loaned to a Premier League club this season?

Perfect powerful forward to work alongside CMS?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
see in today's Argus, that the Premiership player loan deal has 'receded' ....................now where have we heard that before !!!!!

To be honest I don't neccesarily think this is a bad thing, what we need is for our current squad to be FIT so that Gus can actually field what he regards as his strongest team, and for us to get some continuity in selection so that the team can establish a rhythm in the way that it plays.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Calm down peeps, some of you on here are almost saying that Gus is not good enough. Ok so he's not the best yet, but one day will be looked on as a great manager. maybe even alongside the greats like Fergie senior or Wenger. If TB decides to out Gus (which I know he won't) I can't think of anyone I'd rather have leading us then Gus. He has the passion, the drive and the know how to play football, rather than lumping the ball up top, and hope for a lucky goal. We just need our players back fit with a bit of confidence and we will find our feet again. I am loving the championship, so no complaints for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here