Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus targets Premiership signing before loan window closes

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He has had a spell on the bench, also has a year left on his deal at the end of this season.
Be interesting to see if Norwich offer a new deal soon....if they atay up I think he will be replaced and be up for grabs :)
He would be ideal in along side Bridcutt

I agree, would love to have him back in the midfield. We are lacking someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and he certainly fits the bill

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Josh Mceachran would tick the boxes IMO. Gus's chelsea connections (even more so now his mate Di Matteo is there), there was an article linking us to him along with forest (no smoke without a fire) and I personally think we are lacking another class CM along with Bridcutt and I guess they would have played with eachother at chelsea. Not a midfield "destroyer" that some are after but he would certainly bring another dimension to our forward play as we are lacking creativity through the middle.

A lightweight creative midfielder is the LAST thing we need any more of at the moment.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Josh Mceachran would tick the boxes IMO. Gus's chelsea connections (even more so now his mate Di Matteo is there), there was an article linking us to him along with forest (no smoke without a fire) and I personally think we are lacking another class CM along with Bridcutt and I guess they would have played with eachother at chelsea. Not a midfield "destroyer" that some are after but he would certainly bring another dimension to our forward play as we are lacking creativity through the middle.

Well Gus was watching Chelsea ressies yesterday (but McEachran wasn't playing)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
oooh a guess the player thread , ile go with the highly strung unsettled and underplayed Leeds heart throb Luciano Becchio

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
didnt realise that. Ipswich have signed some right good playersm, cant understand why they arent doing better

We have some good players and not doing so well (according to some) If we knew the answer to that we'd be successful managers.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Simon Cox or Marc Antoine-Fortune from West Brom, given neither are playing and WBA have just added Zoltan Gera to their squad.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can we send Billy Paynter back after 28 days ? Bobby Zamora can replace him immediately.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Tbh I just think the whole goal drought is more a confidence issue than anything else, add that to having some of your mist influential players out injured and you have a bit of an issue. I don't see it as a long term issue and IMO it could be solved with a good comfortable win against Coventry and getting a goal or 2 away at Derby (easier said than done I know) but with players like Buckley, Vicente, Hoskins and Lualua returning we will have goals all over the pitch. Once the confidence starts flowing through the team again a play off push is a realistic aim.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
The same problems are still there as they were when we were winning at the start of the season. CMS is not a target man and needs to have someone to hold the ball up front with him, also he's game is more suited to the quick ball up to him to run onto or over the top. We have no m/f player who has shown yet that he can motor from box to box or supply CMS with the pass he needs and also the left- side of the team is very weak, in attack or defence. We are also weak in defense when crosses are put in to the far post, a problem last season, all thisis clear, hopefully G us is working to get the right players in but I think a mid table finish this season will be a good result.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I am joining the chorus for a strong mid field player. We need somebody who can impose themselves box to box and stand up to the phyiscal stuff Championship teams dish out. This would give the option of Bridcutt playing a little further forward and perhaps allow the luxury of Hartley to do some creative stuff.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I am joining the chorus for a strong mid field player. We need somebody who can impose themselves box to box and stand up to the phyiscal stuff Championship teams dish out. This would give the option of Bridcutt playing a little further forward and perhaps allow the luxury of Hartley to do some creative stuff.
Hartley? Maybe create some new jam flavours!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
IMO we need someone to play in an more advanced position or at least alongside Bridcutt, not pushing him forward. His main strength is his tackling and positioning which would be wasted higher up the pitch.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I wish Gus wouldn't come out with these statements tbh, all it does is get my hopes up and I know I'll clock watch until the window closes hoping for this big signing which won't come, anyone remember "the player with presence" :shrug;

How many hour, mins and secs until the window closes? Just so that I can judge when to fret.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here